It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2019 Mass Shooter Statistics Indicate more than half of shooters as Black..that can't be right?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So it is a more comforting and acceptable situation to be killed by someone that is known to the person.

I'll keep that in mind.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

DAMN ALL THESE WHITE SUPREMACISTS!

-----------------------------------------------------

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

DAMN ALL THESE WHITE SUPREMACISTS!

-----------------------------------------------------

Its gonna be like how global warming was changed to climate change. Mass shootings include too many of the wrong demographics for the desired narrative.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Really? Explain because they all use bullets and in all cases people are shot and dead. You sound like the skewed left wing statistics that take 'gang violence' out of mass shooting statistics.

Those in Chicago actively get involved in acts requiring them to be shot.

Stop it, pathetic. The difference is one group have an agenda to kill the other group are just regular people going on about their lives.

People are dying going back to school shopping vs people making a crack sale is way different.

And it's really pathetic to reduce nonsensical death of innocent law abiding citizens to the people who are dedicated to a life of crime; all in the name of a hyperbolic moot and obviously wrong point.

Stop pretending you can't see the massive difference between those involved in shooting whom have a massive criminal rap sheet vs 6 year old and grandmothers and normal regular people.

You'll pretend not to see the difference to the death just to save face for "your side" ... The real problem with this society, fanatic politics. I'm sure in all other aspects of life, you'd be able to reason the difference ; not in identity politics that's for sure .
edit on 8-8-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Mass shooter means that 4 or more people are shot.
There is a big difference between a driveby and what we saw in Dayton/El Paso, ect.

Is there a big difference between 8,000 people murdered by handgun and less than 400 by rifle per year?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm reminded of the mass whining in the 80s about disproportionate prison populations with the majority being black. Following a federal study into state and federal records, it became obvious that the prison population mirror-imaged a breakdown of criminals, by race, that actually committed crimes.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Poor black neighborhoods that have shootings probably get their guns from sellers who buy in bulk.

Maybe that's an issue? Too easy for people to buy lots of guns legally and then upsell illegally..

Just seems simplistic and stupid to always awnser violence issues with , "arm ya selfs!".

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well liberals literally have a movie coming out where they call Trump names and go out and kill 12 'deplorables'. The original movie was called Red state vs Blue state, now called The Hunt. But hey, #OrangeManBad.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
I think this is a terrible take.

How many of the shootings victims in the cties do you think were involved in activities that "required" them to be shot?

Even if I am being charitable and say 90%, the remaining 10% would still outnumber the vitcims of these other mass shootings.

And certainly there are many victims of shootings that are totally innocent; bystanders, children, girlfriends or family, etc.

Pretending everyone that dies in inner city murders had it coming is horrible

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Less than 4 = an "un-mass" shooting

More than 4 = an "ultra-mass" shooting

All it takes is one gun 😃🚬

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
A mass shooting is a murder of four or more people. Considering the high level of crime in poor neighborhoods and presence of gangs, I'd say that or a slaying of a family of four probably happens a lot.

The mass shootings that white people commit are more terrorist in nature and usually are far more than four people, that's why we hear about them on the news.

But statistically, they get grouped into the same category of mass shootings.

This guy did a great job of clearing up the difference. They are different types of crimes, even though they are in the same category. Even so, there does appear to be a black crime rate.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Apparently he thinks every black person in inner cities is a criminal. Yet Trump is the racist one.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Those in Chicago actively get involved in acts requiring them to be shot.

Stop it, pathetic. The difference is one group have an agenda to kill the other group are just regular people going on about their lives.

People are dying going back to school shopping vs people making a crack sale is way different.

WOW! That's one of the most racist things I have read on ATS in quite awhile. Because we're talking about inner city folks getting shot they must be involved in a "crack sale" or otherwise being involved in something illegal or dangerous? It take a real ass to make that type of statement.
www.cbsnews.com...

Another victim was 17-year-old Jarise Baker. CBS Chicago reports Baker and his girlfriend were walking home shortly after midnight when a car passed by and shot them both. Baker was shot six times in the chest and upper body, while his girlfriend was wounded in the arm. Baker's family told CBS Chicago he was not involved in gangs or drugs.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Addison was on the street during a Fourth of July party in the 4200 block of South Wells Street when a gunman walked up and fired one shot at her around 2:55 a.m. She was struck in the head and pronounced dead at University of Chicago Medical Center, according to police.

Addison was a hairstylist and, when not working, took online classes as she began to feel more like an independent adult, said her mother, Brandy Martin. “It wasn’t just another gunshot victim,” Martin said. “It was my daughter.”

www.nbcchicago.com...

A 33-year-old man, identified by family members as Demetrius Flowers, was killed in the shooting after being shot in the chest, while seven other individuals, including a 14-year-old boy, were also shot and treated for their injuries at local hospitals.

“My son was a great man,” his father Keith said. “He was a great man and I pray that nobody else has to feel this pain.”

Flowers was described as a family man, a father of three who was on his way home from a new job when he stopped to visit with friends in the Lawndale neighborhood, according to relatives. That’s when shots rang out, striking him in the chest.

www.nbcnews.com...

Langford said the child shot in the chest was saved by paramedics at the scene. NBC Chicago, citing authorities, reported that a 10-year-old girl was shot in the shin, and an 8-year-old boy in the chest, and they were in stable condition.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

CHICAGO (CBS) — A 4-year-old boy was shot Wednesday night in a drive-by shooting in Gary, Indiana, according to the Gary Police Department.

The boy was grazed in the arm, stomach and back as he sat in a car with his mother and mother’s boyfriend at the corner of 24th Avenue and Buchanan Street around 5 p.m., police said.

The boy’s mother and her boyfriend ducked in the car, and the child was in the back seat in a child restraint when he was grazed.

CHICAGO — Chicago police are searching for the gunman who shot a 2-year-old boy and two adults on the Northwest Side.

The shooting happened around 9 p.m. Thursday on the 4900 block of North Kedzie Avenue in the Albany Park neighborhood.

Police said a 25-year-old man, 29-year-old woman and 2-year-old were sitting in a parked Jeep in an alley, when a white Hyundai with tinted windows pulled up and someone inside fired several shots into their vehicle.

"Stop pretending you can't see the massive difference between those involved in shooting whom have a massive criminal rap sheet vs 6 year old and grandmothers and normal regular people. "
WTF is wrong with you? We are talking about "normal people" (in case you weren't aware, here in 2019 insinuating inner city residents aren't "normal people" is a pretty goddamned racist position to be taking.) We're talking about children and innocent people dying, yet here you sit looking down your nose at the victims alongside the filth that are victimizing them to try and score a cheap ass political points over the far lower occurrence of random mass shootings in the suburbs and by political dissident asshats. I am disgusted.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Apparently he thinks every black person in inner cities is a criminal. Yet Trump is the racist one.

It's called "projection." Most sociopaths project their own sins on those who they target for ideological disagreement in an effort to distract onlookers from their own disreputable and detestable positions.

On the positive side, the fact that we are shocked and repulsed at such an open display of racism and bigotry is actually a testament to how far we've progressed away from the old days of open hatred and racism surrounding society.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Im not talking about that poster specifically here.

But that mindset is more common than we think, even if the people mean well.

The same people that claim to want to solve racism, and fight against white privilege ignore these murders because the killers dont fit their narrative.

In addition, although many dont want to admit it, many people when they take a moral highground on positions do it for personal benefit, whether it be virtue signalling, or because the thing they are discussing can affect them.

So its easy if you dont live in the inner city to be less concerned about those murders than these other shootings, even though the city killings far outnumber

After all, I shop in wal marts, I go to churches; so killings there could affect me.

I think its a tragedy that we ignore the horrible conditions in the cities when it comes to violence. When people accuse me of focusing on black perpetrators when I discuss it, I tell them the skin color is irrelevant to me, but ask them why are they ignoring black victims?

Nothing will change until we are willing to stand up for these victims of violence in the inner city.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

He is saying a mass shooting is any and all shootings with x amount for a minimum of victims?..

You can't compare inner city gun violence with suburbia massacres. Again, those stats are patently from crime related gun violence . Very seldom those inner city folks get killed by people they wouldn't expect.

You're doing a real disservice to people senselessy dying, by trying to shoehorn other stats to conflate and mask facts.

Not all deaths are equal. Yes that's right... death and murder vary by degrees in our justice system. Not all deaths are manslaughter, vehicular or terrorism acts or first degree or premeditated murders....

Stop conflating crime related deaths with senseless acts.... Not too many threads ago you were happy to show the correlation between inner city baltimore and murder rate and gun violence; now you're saying you're skeptical it's all "crime related" gun violence...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Showing crime stats in baltimore does include murder.

Again, you arre assuming all people who are killed in teh inner city have it coming. Thats despicable.

So I guess you call out groups like BLM and tell them heyb all the inner city people shot are trash anyways, so why focus on them

Sounds very white supremacists if you ask me.

You say not all killings are equal because of manslaughter being different than homicide, etc.

But we are not talking about that.

we are talking about mass shootings, the same exact type of crime.

The only thing different is the motive

Hey, if you want to write off all victims of inner city shootings as scyumbags that had it coming, so be it.

I chose not to do that.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: Duderino
A mass shooting is a murder of four or more people. Considering the high level of crime in poor neighborhoods and presence of gangs, I'd say that or a slaying of a family of four probably happens a lot.

The mass shootings that white people commit are more terrorist in nature and usually are far more than four people, that's why we hear about them on the news.

But statistically, they get grouped into the same category of mass shootings.

This guy did a great job of clearing up the difference. They are different types of crimes, even though they are in the same category. Even so, there does appear to be a black crime rate.

Quit looking at the black crime rate. Don't you know we have an agenda here? Orange man bad. White man bad. And we dont mention the others, and we don't mention the others because they don't fit our agenda. Come on, get with the lock step. If there was black crime, it was caused by white people doing racist stuff, do lets not bring that stuff up. Its those guns white middle class that are dangerous. Guns are dangerous! Especially in the hands of white people.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Stop conflating crime related deaths with senseless acts....

Think about this before you answer, please. What's the difference between someone shooting up a family party at a park, hitting multiple people who have nothing to do with the shooter's grievance indiscriminately, because one member of the family is wearing the wrong color of doo rag versus the shooter's territorial color and someone shooting up people inside a Walmart because they have a grievance with the color flag one or more people inside that Walmart are waving being different from the one the shooter's territory uses? Are both not senseless acts? You honestly seem to be dancing this bizarre dance of both justifying the inner city drive by shootings while minimalizing the fact that a lot of the victims of those shootings are neither gang bangers or involved in drugs. Using your exact same logic, one could say so long as one individual shot in that Walmart was here illegally, the shooting "isn't the same" as a "normal" mass shooting, justification was achieved, and it became a simple turf war. One *could* say that and be just as wrong headed as you are with your crass position about inner city violence while managing to use the exact same "logic" you're trying to use.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
All I did was post facts. Nothing skewed. Nothing taken out. Nothing but pure fact. There is no difference if it is a back alley or a Wal Mart. A death is a death. The gay person dancing shot at Pulse is the same as a gang bangers sister caught in the crossfire or a mom buying groceries. They are dead. From Violence. Despicable acts.

For any of you to think anyone's death is more or less important is sick. You are as bad as the politicians I am calling out.

This comment really makes me puke in my mouth....

Stop conflating crime related deaths with senseless acts....

It is all crime. It is all senseless. This is the real world. For 'mass shootings' most left leaning reports and statistics will exclude gang related deaths, Domestic violence and terrorism. Why? They are different? No, they are all acts of a coward that kill innocent people.

THIS is why I posted this...

www.breitbart.com...

She has the nerve to say that and she was the CA AG. She saw exactly what the issues are.

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002019-08-08T19:28:37-05:000737 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join