It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Skies of Virginia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone here from Virginia has noticed the same rash of ufo phoenomena that my friends and I have over the last month. I have seen a total of 4 in my lifetime, and the last 3 have happened in the last 2 weeks.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Dude, all I see is open peanut and corn fields, with loads of pine and a smidging of ocean (once in awhile). Hotter than a fresh.....ahh well, its been hot.

Where you live?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
South of Manassas. Good to meet another Virginian on here. Seriously though, i've spent the last month staring at the sky every night. Up here in NoVa activity is definantly picking up.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I live about 35 minutes from Virginia Beach and it has been so hazy and hot that at night the dew point is so high that I can barely make out the stars half or most of the time.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I thought you typed FLIES of virginia!

So um what have you been seeing down there?

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I've seen 2 silver discs that at first i've though were airliners, but after watching them, they dissapear into thin air.

Seeker, A/S? Interested in starting an ATS club here? I'm moving back to Richmond in August, i go to VCU.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
I've seen 2 silver discs that at first i've though were airliners, but after watching them, they dissapear into thin air.

Seeker, A/S? Interested in starting an ATS club here? I'm moving back to Richmond in August, i go to VCU.

I would be certainly interested but I too will being going to college in NC and probably a part time job also....then got fiancee', etc.....but interested, if time permits.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Seeing as how Va Beach is a short drive from Richmond and NC, i think it would be a rather bad-a$$ idea. I'm 20, and if we can find enough people to commit, i think it would definantly be worth the time.

AF1

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm down for a group here. I'm in Chesapeake, and am 18, going to TCC in the fall.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ok, thats three possible people. I know that i could pull around 5 or six others, and if you guys could do the same, we could have a bad ass little group going.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
seeing lately but I do know that it's something. I have always been a big star-watcher, I'll have to agree with you gore, I am noticing not flying discs but tiny dots of light way up in the sky. It flies around up there very fast for its height. At first I thought it might have been sattelites or military aircraft but these tiny bits of light move with no inertia and seemingly with little or no effort.

Here is a link you may find interesting.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I live in fairfax, VA. I've seen two UFOs (by the propper definition of UNIDENTIFIED flying objects)

The first was around 7pm at the Occacuan Resivuar at the boathouses (It was at the end of Crew practice). We were all getting on the bus to go back to our HS at the time when I looked up and saw something streak across the sky. It was distinctly green in color (almost neon green) but wasn't very bright, amost like a green star. It crossed horizon to horizon (remember that this is VA and the Horizon is extremely limited due to the large amount of trees.)

The second was driving near my home on Olley Rd. traveling north several years later. I looked up through my windshield and saw what appeared to be the same kind of green dot. It was moving north, appeared to drop in altitude (now farther ahead of me rather than above me) and then took a sharp curve upwards and quickly darted off into the sky and faded just as fast. (still moving generally north). I was taken aback. The first of these things I saw I could pass off as being a shooting star (AKA a meteor, though I've never heard of a green one) but this one moved in a way that wasn't explainable if it was a meteor. I don't really know what to make of them and I'm skeptical to jump to conclusions, but I think about them time to time and try to explain them. I've never come up with anything other than an intelligently piloted object.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I live in VA also; Great Falls. yeah an ATS group would be pretty cool.. lets try to organize one.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok, thats 5 people. If each os us could bring 2 people, that would be fifteen. The next question would be, where?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I would be interested in at least having a meeting. I'm at IHOP in Fairfax City a couple of nights a week around midnight. Let me know if you'd like to have a meeting there (or suggest another spot) and I'll see what I can do.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Okay, I see this is about starting a club now. Back on topic, GG, do you have it them on film, if so, post them here please.

new topics

top topics

join