It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Trump Supporters Invade Baltimore And No CNN Or MSNBC Coverage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So typical of them. I'm sure a few of them have already posted something negative and untrue related to this story. They won't accept the fact that 99% of Trump supporters aren't racist, or white supremacists.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: Edumakated

Sometimes the people who live there and have become inured to the mess need a push from someone outside the mess to see that this isn't a lost cause and things can improve. There are probably people in that neighborhood who remember when it was nice and want to change but don't know to go about it.

There is nothing wrong with showing someone that things can be nicer again and then showing them how to go about it.

The hard part now will be in keeping it clean but hopefully once more people see how it can be they will work to keep it there.

Having done more than my share of time living in a bad neighborhood, you have more faith in humanity than I do...

The mindset and culture is incompatible with keeping the neighborhood clean. The neighborhood will stay clean all of a week or two and then revert right back into a s'hole.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

.....and the Baltimore Sun is throwing shade on them.
Those damn Trump supporters cleaning up things, they:

reinforced the idea “that the poor people in this dilapidated city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods and all the public officials around them have failed as well.”

The city wouldn't even approve dumpsters on those streets for the cleanup so the Trump Supporters put them there anyway, illegally I might add.

Have they no respect for the Law?!?

But Baltimore isn't a failed City.........

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Valiant effort but they will fill it with trash again. Those that live there don't value much of anything in life except food stamps and drugs unfortunately. If they did Cummings would have been voted out of office. He's not going anywhere. The media will defend Cummings and slam this guy and his followers as making a mockery of black people.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Did you happen to see the editorial in the Baltimore Sun?
They tweeted it, along with the caption..
"Whatever he says his motives were, Scott Presler’s presence in Baltimore reinforces the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods."

Sun Editorial

The headline reads
"We assume it was pure motives that led a Trump supporter to launch a cleanup in Cummings’ district, right?"

People helping people for whatever reason is a good thing, unless they support Trump, I guess.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Yeah, I saw it. Pathetic that good deeds can be criticized and scrutinized as a political stunt.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Valiant effort but they will fill it with trash again. Those that live there don't value much of anything in life except food stamps and drugs unfortunately. If they did Cummings would have been voted out of office. He's not going anywhere. The media will defend Cummings and slam this guy and his followers as making a mockery of black people.

That may and probably will happen. Doesn't mean you don't stop trying.

Here in Detroit, I have helped on similar projects. Once where we were planting trees on a Blvd, a local resident came up and and said "So are you going to come out here and rake those damn leaves off my lawn in the Fall? "

You just keep on trying, eventually people start to respect their own neighborhoods again.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Did you happen to see the editorial in the Baltimore Sun?
They tweeted it, along with the caption..
"Whatever he says his motives were, Scott Presler’s presence in Baltimore reinforces the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods."

Sun Editorial

The headline reads
"We assume it was pure motives that led a Trump supporter to launch a cleanup in Cummings’ district, right?"

People helping people for whatever reason is a good thing, unless they support Trump, I guess.

What gave you the moral authority to decide what is “clean”.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody got shot.

That's was my take away from this.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Yeah, I saw it. Pathetic that good deeds can be criticized and scrutinized as a political stunt.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. As people have posted before, Trump could literally cure cancer and some of these people would still call him a racist or find some what to spin it as ignoring some other issue. So, he cured cancer, but he still let all these black folks die of Diabetes! Racist!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Apathy is a powerful emotion.

If the neighborhood does revert back in a week, month or year at least the people who tried can point to the results when politicians start begging for tax money to clean it up.

I just hope it doesn't make them give up on others; like I said this is what America is lacking - helping each other. Sadly, some people can't be helped but you won't know until you try.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wonder why ????

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Yep, same ole same ole:

BRAAAK....MSNBC’s Malcolm Nance, "White Supremacist ‘Foot Soldiers’ Receiving ‘Subliminal Orders’ from Trump"

BRAAAK....MSNBC's Frank Figluizzi, an NBC News national security contributor, "Trump Order to Raise the Flag on August 8 is Secret Nazi Code"

BRAAAK....Biden, "Trump ‘Has Fanned the Flames of White Supremacy"

BRAAAK....Elizabeth Warren, "Trump is a white supremacist who has done everything he can to stir up racial conflict and hatred in this country."

edit on 8/8/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That is a great point. I had the same experience volunteering for habitat for humanity. It was a poor black neighborhood. We build a couple of houses and the residents and neighbors were all sitting in lawn chairs watching us like a sports events. No way were they going to help.

Not only that, when it was lunch time, they obliged themselves to eat the food of the actual workers and steal our drinks.

There is no fixing that situation. The houses will eventually fall into disrepair. They are not going to do minor repairs like good homeowners, cut grass, fix gutters.

I commend this guy and his followers but this is a problem that took a long, long time to evolve. It will take even longer to de-evolve. The quickest way to do that is gentrification. Problem isn't gone just re-located.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why the click bait header? When the source calls them conservatives?

edit on 8-8-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: cause

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I will say conservative / Republican party should be doing more of this kind of grassroots outreach in Democrat urban areas. Only hands on action will help dispel the racism claims that get pushed by the left. Maybe by actually doing something tangible that the people in these neighborhoods can see, they will become conservative voters.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"He only cured it because Putin has it"

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Nice deflection and it's so nice that it got your attention. So, what have you got to say on what I actually stated in my thread? Am I wrong?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I will say conservative / Republican party should be doing more of this kind of grassroots outreach in Democrat urban areas. Only hands on action will help dispel the racism claims that get pushed by the left. Maybe by actually doing something tangible that the people in these neighborhoods can see, they will become conservative voters.

These areas though are never going to vote Republican. They will vote for whoever is not white and for anyone who blames all their problems on Trump. They are strongholds of white hatred. Lots of districts like this one. Whatever politician projects the most white hatred wins.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: Edumakated

These areas though are never going to vote Republican. They will vote for whoever is not white and for anyone who blames all their problems on Trump. They are strongholds of white hatred. Lots of districts like this one. Whatever politician projects the most white hatred wins.

They won't if you never make an attempt. Even die hard black democrat clients of mine acknowledge that Trump has helped with jobs and employment. It's the old adage of people don't care about you till you show you care about them.

I think such outreach is a great tactic and strategy. The Dems are more concerned about illegal immigrants than they are about Black voters. They take the Black vote for granted, just like they did white blue Collar voters.

edit on 8-8-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join