It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism-

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I figure the species would be better off if we didn't teach racial related derogatory word play to the upcoming youth. In turn ending part of the problem with racial wordplay based on any race.
It's just growing up as a species more less and maturing.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Message being racism is weakness and it appears Humanity was intended for integration

What do you mean with integration?
edit on 8-8-2019 by UpForGrabs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UpForGrabs

in·te·gra·tion
/ˌin(t)əˈɡrāSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the action or process of integrating.
"economic and political integration"
synonyms: combination, amalgamation, incorporation, unification, consolidation, merger, fusing, blending, meshing, homogenization, homogenizing, coalescing, assimilation, concatenation.

I mean Humanity was meant to work TOGETHER as a integrated species or as 1...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

merger, fusing, blending, meshing, homogenization, homogenizing, coalescing, assimilation, concatenation.

So you are in fact promoting the idea of creating one mocca race? Basically the destruction of all races, which is the opposite of diversity.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

According to parts of your definition you are.

Then what? Are you calling for a one world government?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It's like the underlying concept for that part of the world from Hispanics is everyone is Chinese. Chinita or Chino, don't matter if your Mongolian, your Chinese.

What is the definition of Hispanic btw?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Racism is pretty natural and we all have it. Want to try it...

Below is a list. Tap with your right hand on a table for every word associated with something nice and every american name. Tap with your left hand for every word associated with something unpleasant or every foreign name:

Candy
John
Ahmed
Hell
Carol
War
Fun
Mohammed
Percy
Die
Baby
Aziz
Peter

Now try the same thing but this time tap with your right hand for every word associated with something nice or a foreign name and with your left hand for every word associated with something bad and an American name.

If you would time it (and a longer list) you would notice your brain struggles more with the second try.

We are all racist but how we act to other people is what defines us.

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I may of experienced racism during my youth which triggered rebellious thinking and behaviors against racist people that carry similar or different skin then me but I cannot say I have been racist against anyone.
It annoys me tremendously because it is so petty and immature.
I also have always had since youth friends and people of various races who are part of my genetic family, always knowing that it kind of prevented me from thinking like the various group thinks who accepted racism.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oh I hear you..

I'm white, blond hair, blue eyed and grew up with a half sister who was half indonesian and an adopted chinese brother...

I don't think people nowadays are really racist in the form of skincolor but more the discrimination of culture and tradition that comes with certain race.

We subconsciously assume that a certain type of race has different norms and values from ours and see them as not being part of "our group"..

Pure instinct I guess and to a certain heigth understandable but when you accept that we are indeed a multicultural society this is one of those predjudices that you have to keep in check.

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Your first paragraph sounds like it was written by David Duke. I don't think that line of thinking belongs in the ever evolving global world we are living in today. You have the right to your opinion but people will all end up inbred if they seriously try to segregate and keep themselves "pure" genetic diversity is necessary otherwise you will all end up sickly, diseased and deformed a la the hapsburgs.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Your first paragraph sounds like it was written by David Duke. I don't think that line of thinking belongs in the ever evolving global world we are living in today. You have the right to your opinion but people will all end up inbred if they seriously try to segregate and keep themselves "pure" genetic diversity is necessary otherwise you will all end up sickly, diseased and deformed a la the hapsburgs.

Such nonsense. The Hapsburgers made it with direct family members. What a ridiculous argument.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Well there is a couple of problems with being proud of your "race". First its not a thing in Homo sapiens. When people talk race, they are generally talking ethnicity, and thus culture.

Second, lets pick on the idea of "a white race" or "white cultural pride". Which culture? Even in the United states there area bout 11 different cultures that could be said to be "white". Similarly there are different "black" cultures.

So pride in ones culture, really breaks down to what people think that culture is, as opposed to the actuality of it all.

SO yeah, there is a lot inherently wrong with the pride ins something that is not there. Similarly fearing other cultures because you don't want to be "influenced" is something from isolationism, to xenophobia.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I'm afraid you are wrong with the lack of skin colour racism. I've seen it. I grew up in the South Island of New Zealand, where there was not quite as much variety as other parts of my nation. I lived in a University city, and that meant the student quarter was actually very diverse. However the south side was full of rednecks who hated people of different skin colours. I do mean hate.

Then for a chunk of the 00s I lived in Milwaukee, and well Milwaukee was (is?) one of the more segregated cities in the USA at that time. Again, a lot of hate against skin colour.

Skin tone based racism is alive and well. Just as there is lots of religious intolerance, and cultural hatred.

All this comes from ignorance, and fear mungering.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Damned dirty double post
edit on 8-8-2019 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Well there is a couple of problems with being proud of your "race". First its not a thing in Homo sapiens. When people talk race, they are generally talking ethnicity, and thus culture.

Second, lets pick on the idea of "a white race" or "white cultural pride". Which culture? Even in the United states there area bout 11 different cultures that could be said to be "white". Similarly there are different "black" cultures.

So pride in ones culture, really breaks down to what people think that culture is, as opposed to the actuality of it all.

SO yeah, there is a lot inherently wrong with the pride ins something that is not there. Similarly fearing other cultures because you don't want to be "influenced" is something from isolationism, to xenophobia.

If race isn’t a thing then explain organ transplants?
Are organs just being difficult or dare I say it “racist” when they refuse to function in ethnically diverse people?

I’m a proud xenophobe, I enjoy travelling the world to experience other cultures and have always adopted a “when in Rome” policy. I don’t want to experience other cultures in my home country nor do any sane people anywhere I’ve ever travelled to.

Only the idiotic or brainwashed think xenophobia and racism are the same thing

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

My definition of Hispanic is people who speak Spanish and are born from Spanish speaking parents, typically originally from a Spanish speaking country. But Puerto Ricans are technically Hispanic even though they American because they have more of a Latino culture. Don't you ask me to use the term latinx either, that's stupid as hell and just something Hispanic millennials made up to feel hip and woke. Brain dead idiots.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

What's a hapsburger? Is that a new menu item at McDonald's?
edit on 9-8-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What do you mean explain organ transplants? Do you understand how genetics and organ transplants work?

You seem to be confusing genetic similarity with race. Inside your so called races, you have a much larger genetic diversity, than between.

This is because race is generally based on things like skin pigmentation levels, not genetic similarity.

No Xenophobia and race usually go hand in hand.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I really wish our species could evolve beyond tribalism based on skin color.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join