It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in a California goes on 2 hour stabbing spree killing 4 people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't know if they do stuff look this, but maybe you should contact the Guinness World Record people if you can kill 9 people in under 32 seconds with a shovel?

I hope that’s one of the pages with color pictures.

Bottom left: here is ATS member flyingclaydisk (pictured smiling) killing 9 people in 31.68 seconds, with a shovel. Beating last year’s record by more than 1.5 seconds.

You should stop trying to equate video games and real Life...

I don’t think

Finally we agree on something

So you didn’t understand it at all

Surprise

That's just your lack of understanding of anything other than fits into your tiny little world.

Let's play a game called you posting history for day the last three months.

It goes like this....

Stupid lefty ,liberal idiots low IQ morons , brainwashed by CNN , Yada Yada Yada, seriously change the record already that scratch is really putting a downer in your vibe man...

It’s called ‘trolling’

And the easily manipulated bite.

Every
Damn
Time

So you're just a troll. At least there's one honest bone in your body I guess

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I'm

I don't know if they do stuff look this, but maybe you should contact the Guinness World Record people if you can kill 9 people in under 32 seconds with a shovel?

Bottom left: here is ATS member flyingclaydisk (pictured smiling) killing 9 people in 31.68 seconds, with a shovel. Beating last year’s record by more than 1.5 seconds.

I don’t think

Surprise

That's just your lack of understanding of anything other than fits into your tiny little world.

It goes like this....

Stupid lefty ,liberal idiots low IQ morons , brainwashed by CNN , Yada Yada Yada, seriously change the record already that scratch is really putting a downer in your vibe man...

It’s called ‘trolling’

Every
Damn
Time

I honestly thought that was obvious

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Two lines in the water

Same fish on both hooks

You need a hobby, fishing isn't a bad idea because you're # at this.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I'm

I don’t think

Surprise

It goes like this....

It’s called ‘trolling’

Every
Damn
Time

I honestly thought that was obvious

So you simply disrupt any form of conversation and you admit it, yet the mods support you in this endeavour...that's interesting isn't it

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Sorry I just got annoyed by the whole discussion especially the mental illness angle and the pretending to go out and kill people for some cause or idea would be so out of the ordinary for humans. History tells us it's not.
And if it would be a mental health issue the implication is every soldier is crazy. That's just not working.

We have two options, admit guns are a tool for killing and live with them being used, or get rid of them and even if we won't eliminate all crime with that there will be significantly less mass shootings.

People denying mental illness as a root cause of gun violence are the same as people saying guns aren’t a factor in the equation. To rule out mental illness is one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever heard and it is ABSOLUTELY a major determining factor. What sane person thinks “well, I think I’m gonna go murder 20-30 people today.”?

The answer is none. No sane person wakes up wanting to murder anyone. No sane person lacks the humanity that prevents such actions from being taken. Is it because daddy was abusive or not around? Because mommy never let the kid feel like a failure? Because the education system we dump these kids into absolutely sucks? Or is it the overdosing of psychotropic medications to young people?!?

I don’t know, but mental illness is definitely the first and foremost aspect of this problem.

I grew up in small town Wyoming. Kids brought guns to school for show and tell. Kids carried guns in a gun rack in the back window of their truck in case they could sneak off for a quick deer hunt or some shooting after school. Moms and dads were active in most everyone’s lives. We had a sense of community and a sense of belonging. Our school teachers were active in our lives. It wasn’t the perfect community but no kid ever used a gun for nefarious purposes.

Get outta here with this “it’s not mental health nonsense”. Start with the mental health aspect before knee jerk reactions are used to take guns away from sane and law abiding citizens.
edit on 9-8-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Assassin82

I believe we do need to create a safer system of gun ownership in this country. They are a tool that can be used for mass destruction. But they aren’t the cause for it. Mental health, not video games, is the biggest culprit in America’s violent aggression inside our borders.

Serious question here.
What sort of magic tool do you employ to know when a perfectly sane person may crack under pressure and lose his marbles?
It even happens to cops. Sometimes they take innocents with them when they crack.
They actually have a higher suicide rate than the general population. Should we start with them and take their guns away?

Well, I think we start with thorough background checks. If you’ve committed a violent crime, such as domestic abuse for example, sorry, you don’t get to own a weapon. We can introduce a “get out of gun jail” program where people can do voluntary community service, attend a minimum amount of private therapy sessions, and prove to the public that they are above violent behavior. But I would say no guns until that program is completed.

Anything beyond that is difficult because it starts to violate the privacy of non-violent, law abiding gun owners. Could we put a small gps tracker in certain types of guns? I mean people willingly drive around with gps trackers in their pockets every day. So I don’t see why not. But most fans of the 2nd amendment don’t want that, and I don’t blame them.

Regardless of all that, this criminal in California would have bypassed it all with his machete. He was full of anger, so it’ll be interesting to see where the anger within him came from. (Maybe white oppression? Who knows).

Do you have any idea of how many people were killed by knives in London alone this year?

Any you think gun control is the answer to these lunatic murders? No guns.... ok ....In Europe they use knives and acid. So do we ban knives? Everyone turn in your steak knives, the government is issuing sporks...(spoon and fork combined)

The murder and assault levels in London or any other UK city are still far lower than any US city - knife crime is far less then it was 10 years ago, it's just been on a recent rise (90+% of knife crime/murder in London is in one borough/block - the rest is safe). Nearly all are gang related.

There were 132 murders in London last year compared to 289 in New York (one of the safer US cities). So far there have been 56 murders in London so far this year compared to 48 in just the first 7 weeks of 2019 in New York with shootings up 66% on avg and 400% in Brooklyn.

It takes a special kind of mental to get up close and personal to stab someone, takes minutes instead of someone emptying clips indiscriminantly and there's no issue of stray bullets.
edit on 9-8-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Your post just tells me a lot about how society has changed, it has nothing to do with mental illness. Parents divorce, school, community... all of that are environment factors and not caused by, or cause for, chemical imbalances of the brain.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Your post just tells me a lot about how society has changed, it has nothing to do with mental illness. Parents divorce, school, community... all of that are environment factors and not caused by, or cause for, chemical imbalances of the brain.

Is it just that....

Reading his post I get from it that people were happy, to live in that environment where kids can sneak off from school to go hunt, there's not a worry in the world for those kid's.

Look at the stressors we have in today's world, no wonder people are #ed up and losing the plot.

edit on 9-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Take off the blinders. You’ll see more.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Oh please... just admit you have no clue what you're talking about and use "mental illness" for behaviour that scares you.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Oh please... just admit you have no clue what you're talking about and use "mental illness" for behaviour that scares you.

So what you’re saying is sane people actively want to murder people? There could be no way mental illness can be a factor in one human being murdering another?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

No, with the Aurora shooter for example we know mental illness was a factor.
That doesn't mean it's true for all of them.
Like the other guy with his manifesto that was an ideologically charged killing.
Sure you can simplify it all and say all mentally ill people are killers, lock them all up, or whatever and these shootings still would happen.
It's a scapegoat and not helpful at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Like the other guy with his manifesto that was an ideologically charged killing.
Sure you can simplify it all and say all mentally ill people are killers, lock them all up, or whatever and these shootings still would happen.

No, it’s not. A mentally stable person doesn’t up and decide to go on a shooting spree. I’m not saying everyone with a mental illness is going to go out and kill people. Just like not everyone with a gun is going to kill someone. But mental illness is a MAJOR problem in this country. Way to many people can’t cope with modern stressors. Whether it be school, bullies, jobs, traffic, whatever. And we have a very poor collective approach towards dealing with mental illness. But hey, you wanna keep making excuses for it and ignoring what’s right in front of you....go ahead.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'm making excuses for what? I try to keep it simple for you:
What you're talking about the entire #ing time are SOCIAL issues.
Stress is not mental illness.
Mental illness is chemical imbalances in the brain.
There is a very clear distinction between social issues, like trauma, stress and everything you are talking about and
actual mental illness.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

as many have said, mental illness has nothing to do with this. Normal people kill others all the time. this time, they used a knife. Next time, perhaps a baseball bat. But we still nee to ban gunz. This guy had a gun, and it was the reason he stabbed people. The gun told him to.

How many people could he have killed in that time with a gun ?

he had one, why not ask him?

He was intent on killing someone. He used a knife. I'm sorry he didn't use a scary black rifle. That would have fit much better into your narrative.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

No, it’s not. A mentally stable person doesn’t up and decide to go on a shooting spree. I’m not saying everyone with a mental illness is going to go out and kill people. Just like not everyone with a gun is going to kill someone. But mental illness is a MAJOR problem in this country. Way to many people can’t cope with modern stressors. Whether it be school, bullies, jobs, traffic, whatever. And we have a very poor collective approach towards dealing with mental illness. But hey, you wanna keep making excuses for it and ignoring what’s right in front of you....go ahead.

Totally sane folks are more than capable of killing wholesale. The idea that only the mentally deranged could perpetrate acts of terrorism on this level is a red herring I believe. Soldiers in war butcher other human beings and they aren't deranged (or at least modern society wouldn't claim they are).

The crux is that HATRED is not a mental failing. It is not a disease or a deficiency. A totally sane person as anyone here would classify is capable of monstrous acts against entities they hate. Hell, if you handed me an AR-15 and told me there was a gym filled with convicted pedophile murderers I wouldn't be that hard to convince to go in there and start blasting (and I have a strong suspicion I'm not an outlier in that regard).

While increase mental support services is certainty needed here in the US on account of our utterly abysmal healthcare situation, I am convinced that increase access and availability of said services will have little effect on homegrown extremist terrorism and hate crimes.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Some soldiers in war who are forced to kill, seem to have some issues with that part, and have trouble once they come back home.

The argument isn't that all mass murderers are crazy, it's that crazy seems to have a lot to do with mass murder.

again, normal people with empathy usually don't kill others for no reason. But since Trump said it, you have to be against it by any means necessary. And there is no such thing as TDS.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So move along nothing to see? What ratio of death/time warrents discussion in your view?
If it was 4 gun deaths over/30 seconds would this be a story for you?
The point peeple, is PEOPLE not the TOOL commit the violence, and we largely ignore the root cause (hint it's not weapons). Don't be a tool.

a reply to: Peeple

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Wayfarer
again, normal people with empathy usually don't kill others for no reason. But since Trump said it, you have to be against it by any means necessary. And there is no such thing as TDS.

You're missing the point. I'm saying folks are more often killing folks because the reason is they hate them (and not because they are deranged).

Also I don't know what you're going on about TDS since I didn't mention it or reference Trump at all. Perhaps you are projecting this onto me because of an assumption?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join