It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not telling us that aliens exist is not "normal"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
if aliens exist (i think they do) then the U.S. government (or any other government) not telling us that they exist is not "normal"...

my reasoning is that when people discovered new "worlds" and new people (and races) in the past (an example is the discovery of the americas) they didn't keep this information from their homeland...

this is a GREAT discovery (the discovery of a new "world" and new "races" of man) and this was shared throughout the homeland of the discoverers AND the land that was discovered...

so, if aliens came to earth (based on UFO videos) then the governments of the world should talk about it because this is HUGE news...

if the governments of the world KNOW that these aliens exist and they do not tell us, then this is not "normal"...

and "people must be protected from the truth (about the existance of aliens) because we cannot handle it" is NOT a good excuse...

any thoughts???

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The only valid (at least for them) reason why the us government would not tell us would be if they were told by aliens to do so, but this is very unlikely i think.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Certainly its not normal. I would prefer to call the cover up what it is, illegal.

When the secret finally comes out, and it will have to one day come out simply because its too huge and costly to keep secret forever, its going to make a huge mess of people who otherwise thought they were being told the truth on the matter. How you live now will most likely not be how you will live once the secret gets out. Disintegration of human civilzation after finding out much of what our lives are built upon is nothing but lies will probably be what happens. However its a secret that has to be told. Like a person dying from cancer, their doctors are obligated to tell them so. We should be told exactly what is going on as this giant cancer of a secret continues to eat away at us no matter what the negative outcome may be. And yes, this secret is cancerous. The secrecy involved and the illegal methods in which it is covered up place a large burden financially and physically upon the public.

I'm fairly sure that most people are never going to be prepared for such an eventuality no matter how much conditioning they would have ahead of time. Which is a small part of the reason that no conditioning is happening now (the main reason being our governments simply do not want us to know for control purposes).

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
The only valid (at least for them) reason why the us government would not tell us would be if they were told by aliens to do so, but this is very unlikely i think.

i hope that the aliens are not working with the american (corrupt) government because this would be a negative for the aliens...

Frith---

VERY good comparison...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Although I agree that, in a way, it is "not normal", there are many reasons why it is that way...

1. At first, the earliest UFO sightings and reports done at a time when people could realize easily that it was not anything from earth (that is, in short, after plane was invented, because planes were not doing that...) were handled by "government". Just a little while afterwards, the military handled the reports. This is a sufficient reason to make it a secret if security is involved.
2. If indeed there was a possible security threat, even unlikely, then it was certainly a reason to keep it secret, even top secret or more.
3. If, during investigations, they discovered some technology that could be a real advantage over any enemy (from earth, that is
), this is another reason to keep it secret.
4. If no particular technology was discovered, and if even the phenomena seemed not to represent any kind of danger or hostility, it could still be useful to be kept secret: it can then be used easily to distract a real enemy from its targets, by giving him a new subject to attempt to infiltrate.
5. Finally, if everything about it is false, if it simply doesn't exist, then it is not as such a secret, and the reason why they don't tell is because they don't have anything to tell us!

Now, don't get me wrong... All I'm trying to say is that for nearly any reason that you can think of (these were just a few), if the military authorities are in charge of the subject (and believe me that they are), then it is very obviously and without a doubt a secret. If anybody can give me reason good enough for the military authorities to break the secret, a reason that good that itself would be sufficient not to consider all the other reasons to keep it secret, then OK, I'm ready to hear it, but for now, I think it is, sadly, "normal" that it is a secret...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Some disagree but I seriously feel that if the government disclosed that aliens are in fact real there would be widespread worldwide panic. No, not everyone, but certainly enough to have a massive negative effect on national security - on global security. For most people, having their lifelong idea of reality crushed would be too much to handle. If panic set in, there would be no way to stop it. Chaos would most certainly result.

Yeah, this may not turn out to be true, but I'll tell ya, I'd sure feel better if I had a gun and long-term rations in the house at the time - just in case.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just think of what would happen to all the religions of the world if some little green (or grey) guy said, "Yeah, we made humans and put you all here." TOTAL CHAOS!!!

I don't even want to think of ALL the things that would go wrong after that. Wouldn't be a pretty sight though imo. Just my thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join