It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go ahead and ban things- guns - magazines - etc - we'll just make them instead of buying them!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: timski

originally posted by: Edumakated
Wasn't there a case recently or a few years ago? Some guy put out 3d printing plans on internet for a firearm and I know the ATF or something got involved.

The 3d printed Liberator by Defense Distributed is what you're referring to. I printed a set of the parts to have a look at what all the noise was about, and I seriously would expect it to fail explosively on the first round, even with a blank cartridge opposed to a live round.

It was almost entirely plastic, and I am pretty sure I remember seeing a video of one having an explosive failure.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

With any decent size round, that's not a gun. It is a grenade with a very short fuse.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: butcherguy

With any decent size round, that's not a gun. It is a grenade with a very short fuse.

Here is a link to a Youtube video of a Liberator suffering a catastrophic failure.... wisely, it was fired from a vise.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: TheRedneck

Could we build a makeshift hand held rail gun?

Now you're Talking....

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Really!!! nobody here knows you can buy a "parts kit" ar15, ak47, etc. that comes with a sawed receiver, then you can buy a 90% finished receiver and finish the gun yourself.....

I kind of left of 80% lowers (90% are illegal to sell w/o serialized & background check) for a reason and that was shown clearly by idiots like "hombero" responding that people are going to have to make all the parts of the gun, like barrel and such.

It seems that these idiots pushing for gun control don't understand that of the 100+ individual parts that make up the AR-15 are ALL AVAILABLE w/o any background check except for the lower receiver (which can be easily made at home thanks to 80% lowers or CNC machines).

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

And you know there are plenty of people that have stockpiles of 80% lowers... just waiting for a ban to pass so they can make some easy money.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And you know there are plenty of people that have stockpiles of 80% lowers... just waiting for a ban to pass so they can make some easy money.

Yeah, the useful idiots in this country, and especially those just over the boarder sticking their unwanted noses into our issues, seem to have ZERO idea about how out gun laws actually work. They are programmed useful idiots who only know the leftist MSM political BS/line. They seem to not know that I can have all the parts for an AR delivered to my door in less than 24 hours w/o a background check of ANY KIND. All I need to do is either complete the 80% lower (maybe 1-2 hours of work with simple hand tools), or the same amount of time on a CNC machine and I can make the lower from a program.

All that can be done w/o a background check and if they ban it, there's going to be a "cottage industry" pop up that cranks these out and/or rents the machine b/c that gets around the "manufacturing" issue of serializing the receiver - if a person rents a CNC machine, they can 100% legally manufacture a gun for themsleves.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Lol yeah that's what people will do. You don't just fab a gun on a rented lathe. It takes training.

I think you post this drivel fishing for S&F! It honestly seems it because these ideas are always so easy to poke full of holes.

You underestimate the abillity and resourcefulness of people who are in desperate need of certian things. I have never worked a lathe but I can assure you if I have materials, a good example or design of a gun I will eventually get there.
Have you ever watched how creative jailbirds can be..? Not that I am one but you will be amazed what some of those guys can make with the minimum of resources.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: hombero

Lol yeah that's what people will do. You don't just fab a gun on a rented lathe. It takes training.

I think you post this drivel fishing for S&F! It honestly seems it because these ideas are always so easy to poke full of holes.

You underestimate the abillity and resourcefulness of people who are in desperate need of certian things. I have never worked a lathe but I can assure you if I have materials, a good example or design of a gun I will eventually get there.
Have you ever watched how creative jailbirds can be..? Not that I am one but you will be amazed what some of those guys can make with the minimum of resources.

This "guy" is just a stalker/troll of mine. Just b/c he has no abilities doesn't mean everyone else doesn't as well, or that they don't know someone who can make parts. He is just ignorant to 99% of what he speaks and doesn't even know that most parts for a gun even a 5yr old could buy. He doesn't even know what a CNC machine is, he's just upset that people will be able to protect themselves w/o going to the government to ask for permission first. Seems standard for the serf's in Canada - kiss the ring you little punks.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
It seems that these idiots pushing for gun control don't understand that of the 100+ individual parts that make up the AR-15 are ALL AVAILABLE w/o any background check except for the lower receiver (which can be easily made at home thanks to 80% lowers or CNC machines).

You don't even need any machining tools to do it. There are companies out there selling kits that allow anyone to cast their own polymer AR-15 lowers for a few hundred bucks.
edit on 9-8-2019 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks its hard to build a gun is delusional.Inmates build crude guns in prison for goodness sake!I am 100% confident that I can build a muzzleloader from scratch with simple hand tools and make the powder to use it.Building a AR15 from a 89% lower is so easy anyone should be able to do it,.Give me a decent set of power tools,micrometers,etc and a modern rifle would be no problem.Theres thousands of us that can do this.Given all the barrels and parts out there gun control is a joke played on gullible people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join