It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Epidemic of Gun violence and Mass Murder break the back of the Republican Party in 2020 ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Lagomorphe

And...

does that make someone who truly believes that he is defending his country from Mexican invaders (or gays, or Republicans, or abortion clinics) insane?

I said he was in the French army.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Anger. Hate. Intolerance.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I don't see how.

Historical trends show that most incidents of reported or known gun violence, including active shooterings, are primarily committed by the left.

How would that even be an issue for the right, who as a party is not responsible for the actions of an individual.

The individual who committed the crime, is responsible.

Political hyperbole won't win or lose any election, and that's all the left has. Not solutions.

Results will win, results like increased employment opportunities and economy stability.

That's my perspective, and don't expect everyone to see it the same way. I'm not a fan of the cookie cutter collective society, and don't care for it.

I believe individuality and uniqueness is far more valuable, than every one being the same.

Facts win over feelings, because truth don't care about feelings.A saying that the "truth hurts" exists for a reason.

As does the "tough love" one, some thing the world needs more of. Before society is nothing but a bunch of pantie waist sissies...which is almost there if the left and media has its way.

No, history doesn't need to repeat everything.

edit on 8-8-2019 by ADVISOR because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Then I was mistaken in interpreting that to imply that he is willing to die (and kill) for something he believes in.

Or (alternative interpreation), do you think he's insane?
edit on 8/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yes the typical "I know you are but what am I " response from the right.

We see it every day on here. Hear it every day out of the residents mouth.
Fifth grade blame games that never address the problem in full swing.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Anger. Hate. Intolerance.

Not over here in France but I firmly believe that doctors over in the USA over many years have only been too happy to prescribe mind altering medication that have and IS taking a sad toll.

Lags

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The Republicans and NRA are working to infringe the rights of law abiding gun owners. Such nonsense as universal background checks and red flag laws are not the solution.

Name one law that would have prevented these massacres while preserving the individual rights of law abiding gun owners. You get either Freedom or Security. Pick one. Given the track record of what governments who have disarmed their citizens have done to them, I think keeping our arms are in our best interests.

Why would the unorganized militia work against its own interest by restricting firearm type or magazine capacity? That's counter productive.

Further infringing the rights of the mostly law abiding is not the answer, no matter how much the media sycophants tell you otherwise. In fact, as tragic as each mass shooting is, the number of deaths are a drop in the bucket compared to other causes. Compare the number of "actual" mass shootings (not the fast and loose definition that lumps criminal-on-criminal gang violence in) to the number of gun owners, and you'll see that they are a statistical blip. A percent of a percent. This is what everyone is wanting to abolish/infringe rights over. Use logic, not emotion.

How about looking at SSRI's? Lack of father figure?
edit on 8-8-2019 by cynicalheathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
@Phage nope
edit on 8-8-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Why dont the crazy people in other countries do things like open fire on an innocent crowd?

This only happens here.

Guns aren't as readily available is one obvious reason.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

It is an amendment....It was added to the constitution.
It can be removed or changed.

That's the beauty of amendments.... they can be changed when they are no longer reasonable or necessary.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

If that's for me, see edit above.

Because otherwise your reply is ambiguous in the extreme.

link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Correct.

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
This " ban high capacity mags" thing again ?
Even an amateur shooter, with a bit of practice, can change and fire 3 /10 round mags as fast as firing 30 rounds from 2 / 15 round mags. Infringing on Rights is NEVER the solution.

There is also something that wasn't around during the last gun bans. That is 3d printers and 80% lowers not to mention CNC machines available for $1-2K that can knock out an AR lower in 1-2 hours. We can print the case for the mags now and the springs are easy to make. All that these gun bans will do is make the DIY market EXPLODE and there will be newer and better products/designs on the market.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Why dont the crazy people in other countries do things like open fire on an innocent crowd?

This only happens here.

Guns aren't as readily available is one obvious reason.

Yes they are... just need to know the right people.

Remember ex Yugoslavia? Tons of guns have hit the black market here in mainland Europe.

Lags

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The original document can be changed as well. That's what an amendment is.

Thing is, it's really problematic to do so. Especially since there are so many damned states now.

(We're #50, we're #50!)

It ain't gonna happen.

link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

They are hate filled.
You just leave that off your list and still call your list complete.
There are other explanations.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How does one go about separating evil from insanity? Are they same thing?

You can be insane and harmless or you can be insane and violent, what we call evil isn’t the same as insanity.

Most people with mental illness aren’t violent so no it’s not just that, but clearly there is something wrong in the heads of those that carry out mass shootings.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If that's for me, see edit above.

Because otherwise your reply is ambiguous in the extreme.

👍 Nope he is not insane.

He believes in peace above all and wishes to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Lags

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I never said they wasn’t filled with hate, obviously they are!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Most people with mental illness aren’t violent so no it’s not just that, but clearly there is something wrong in the heads of those that carry out mass shootings.

Clearly saying "mental illness" and leaving it at that, is a red herring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join