It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for satellite images of amazon/Brazil from 2010-2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blowback

Your source.

The scientists and forest experts I spoke with put it this way: If the Amazon loses enough trees, it will reach a tipping point, transforming from lush ecosystem into a semiarid savanna. The implications would be global. And rich nations aren’t generous enough to fund the preservation of tropical forests without getting something in return.

Good point.
features.propublica.org...

It's obvious you couldn't stomach it in its totality , you cherry-pick for the spin factor in less than 3 minutes so you could expose and discredit yourself...

edit on 8-8-2019 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I read it.
The conclusion is the conclusion, the summary. I have mixed impressions about carbon credits being effective for controlling atmospheric carbon, this article provided more information.

edit on 8/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I read it.
The conclusion is the conclusion, the summary. I have mixed impressions about carbon credits being effective, this article provided more information.

You read it here first, the conclusion was to follow the money ...

edit on 8-8-2019 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blowback

I read it.
The conclusion is the conclusion, the summary. I have mixed impressions about carbon credits being effective, this article provided more information.

You read it hear first, the conclusion was to follow the money ...

Here.

No. That's not really what the conclusion was. The conclusion was that carbon credits, as exist, won't save the Amazon.

The programs largely avoided credits for forest preservation, in which a polluter pays a landowner to reduce deforestation. The science was too complicated. How are we to know which trees were saved because of such projects, and which would have survived without them?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24544006]Phage

Here.

You're too late , I'd already corrected that ... you should of went for the spin immediately that time..

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

You're too late , I'd already corrected that

Odd, it appears in my quote.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I had some pictures and video saved - basically screen caps of google earth from the time of around 2010-2012 and it showed what looked like a biblical flood in the Amazon, and the devestation left behind afterwards. Much of the area surrounding the river was red, maybe from mud? The images showed the river at 40-60 miles wide over lengths 300-500 miles long. I had 2 hard drives crash while I was backing one up & both were taken out somehow and I lost these pics/videos.. So that is why I'm trying to figure out where older sat images might be available.

I remember looking at the map and also trying to find anything on the flooding in Brazil but there wasn't a word of it mentioned online, but the satellite imagery was up for over a year of the same devastation in the Amazon, possibly for 2 years before it was updated. IDK the exact days the images were taken, Google earth doesn't allow you to see that info like they used to as they are much more manipulative than they used to be where you could search all their images, scroll through images going back 40+ years, where now you are stuck with the newest.

Shouldn't all these satellite imagery be freely available to the tax payers? Wasn't it our tax $$ that developed the rockets to launch the satellites and also develop the satellites as well as maintain them? I don't want to hear the BS about hosing costs for images either, that certainly isn't a billion $ + per year...

You obviously didn't do much "Diggin", did you?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Odd, it appears in my quote.

It really doesn't matter as long as it's known you're more focused on spin and spelling than substance. What we'd really like to know is how the carbon credit scam works as it relates to the Oligarchy or will it...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Sure, concentrate on the spelling joke.
Ignore what your sources actually say.

Good plan.

Or maybe you should read them before you link them.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Shirley you could post a link.

COME ON, Xuenchen!!!

You're missing out on a great reply here.....

It's driving me nuts.

Think of Airplane.... the movie... the doctor?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

He can't hear you - he's on instruments.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I had some pictures and video saved - basically screen caps of google earth from the time of around 2010-2012 and it showed what looked like a biblical flood in the Amazon, and the devestation left behind afterwards. Much of the area surrounding the river was red, maybe from mud? The images showed the river at 40-60 miles wide over lengths 300-500 miles long. I had 2 hard drives crash while I was backing one up & both were taken out somehow and I lost these pics/videos.. So that is why I'm trying to figure out where older sat images might be available.

I remember looking at the map and also trying to find anything on the flooding in Brazil but there wasn't a word of it mentioned online, but the satellite imagery was up for over a year of the same devastation in the Amazon, possibly for 2 years before it was updated. IDK the exact days the images were taken, Google earth doesn't allow you to see that info like they used to as they are much more manipulative than they used to be where you could search all their images, scroll through images going back 40+ years, where now you are stuck with the newest.

Shouldn't all these satellite imagery be freely available to the tax payers? Wasn't it our tax $$ that developed the rockets to launch the satellites and also develop the satellites as well as maintain them? I don't want to hear the BS about hosing costs for images either, that certainly isn't a billion $ + per year...

If you didn't take screen shots with a camera of your computer screen you are screwed....I and others have been screwed this way as well....they have been suppressing this reality for EONS.....it is the Big One......yes they have erased the images you saw before....and no you might not find them again....you really have to approach everything as if there is a Global enemy.....because there is.....one with no name...but it is still there.....take screen shots,save them share them.

EVERY CONTINENT ON THE PLANET has these scars...look up the Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave....or follow Gill Broussard.
edit on 9-8-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

t is the Big One......yes they have erased the images you saw before....and no you might not find them again...

No worries - there are some posted above.

..look up the Vlar Global Continental Displacement Wave..

Have already done that after reading your many other posts about it. No need to worry about that either as it is not real.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

web.archive.org...*/googleearth

seems to have something in your timeframe
of interest.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

web.archive.org...://earthengine.google.org/#intro/AmazonNDFI
web.archive.org...://earthengine.google.org/#intro/AmazonTimelapse
web.archive.org...://earthengine.google.org/#intro