It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Film Ad About Leftists Hunting, Murdering ‘Deplorables’ Gets Axed by Studio

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not sure how but ok.

from your own posts sparky

Could you show some actual promotional material for the movie that proves these are liberals hunting conservatives? Because the trailer says nothing about Trump or the political left. Literally at all, not even a hint.

poor poor liberals

will you be knocking on doors for them this cycle?
driving dems to polling places?
you know your usual election time activities?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The most dangerous game was written almost a century ago; this is an age old theme. It's fiction for crying out loud. People need to be able to keep reality and entertainment separated - something that is apparently an issue?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So me asking for proof of the thread premise means I throw my support behind the deeply corrupt DNC? Amazing.

Was Hostel about liberals kidnapping conservatives and torturing them? Was the Purge the same premise as well?

My advice? Stop politicizing everything in your head. Weren't you guys complaining about everything being politicized not too long ago? Look in the mirror.

Exposed!

edit on 8/8/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
humanevents.com... ad1243475%2Fpg1

CNN contributor and liberal intellectual Reza Aslan

“The President is a white nationalist terror leader. His supporters – ALL OF THEM – are by definition white nationalist terror supporters. The MAGA hat is a KKK hood. And his evil, racist scourge must be eradicated from society.”

when YOUR partys leaders are publically demanding this, it is not "politicizing everything in my head"

she was probably a consultant for this film
one could say her "stamp" is definitely on this film

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

That's what worries me, too. Fantasy is not reality, but I'm starting to think I am one of the few who realize that fact.

Those who cannot separate fantasy from reality are the types who go on to shoot up Walmarts...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

CNN does not represent me. I know the media has trained you to think in such black and white terms but there is plenty of gray area inbetween the two extremes. I don't agree with that quote even in the slightest.

Good job falling for their divisive rhetoric though. Divide and conquer, you're really buying into their narrative. They are purposely saying stupid and ignorant crap like that just to push you further into your little ideological corner. Good job letting them back you into that little corner that you're in.

edit on 8/8/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

CNN does not represent me.

nope your posts supporting the dnc do

Good job falling for their divisive rhetoric though.

Pointing out the quotes from your partys leaders is in no way your "falling for" bs

I am in no corner.
I will be at the theater watching another blum film; hopefully this one is as good as sinister or get out.
I have no doubt you will be busy knocking on doors attempting to spread your dem ideology.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

"It's OK when we do it"

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You see, well, likely you don't, but here's the thing anyway. I pointed to both sides doing the same thing and what did you reply with? You replied with the very same stuff you always reply with,,,,DEMS dunnit. You do not seem capable of pulling yourself out of or even looking over the brick wall of that little corner you have painted yourself into.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

No Bosco, it was a first person analysis of that particular meme and how it exploded into the conservative mindset. But please, go ahead and explain to me how you think it was a convoluted deflection. Explain to me can you or are you just tossing out barbs?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

send Hillary back into the oblivion from whence she was spawned.

Too bad she keeps escaping, but that's for another thread.

Yes, give me a shovel and I will help. Spawned by her sax playing partner and their dreams of glory.

And sure, the lightweight liberals use all the pejoratives they can find to label conservatives. I agree and if you notice I seldom if ever do, though I must say that with some here is is a major task to not just blow it out my butt with some of them.

But that one term ''deplorables'' has not been a term used by liberals to slander conservatives on any grand scale that I have been able to ascertain.

But I see little difference between the names that one side call the other, either side. It all comes from the same place within us, a place that cannot communicate from the heart, from the mind and has to rely upon cliches that seek to elevate ones own sense of superiority by demeaning the other.

And Redneck, well, we can thank Jeff Foxworthy for much of the elevation of that name from the crap heap to one of positive self identification. He did it with class and humor without turning around and putting labels on those that sought to put labels on him.

And ticked me off? Nah, I was just trying to set the record straight.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

CNN does not represent me.

nope your posts supporting the dnc do

Good job falling for their divisive rhetoric though.

Pointing out the quotes from your partys leaders is in no way your "falling for" bs

I am in no corner.
I will be at the theater watching another blum film; hopefully this one is as good as sinister or get out.
I have no doubt you will be busy knocking on doors attempting to spread your dem ideology.

In what way has this user done anything to spread a left ideology? This user has as far as I can tell used logic and reason but is always attacked most likely because those less educated get scared of reason.
Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And I am glad she is out of the picture

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well hold up there shooter. I don't think so. Can you find where she repeated that ?

From WIKI

"Basket of deplorables" is a phrase from a 2016 presidential election campaign speech delivered by Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton on September 9, 2016, at a campaign fundraising event, which she used to describe half of the supporters of her opponent, Republican nominee Donald J. Trump. The next day she expressed regret for "saying half", while insisting that Trump had deplorably amplified "hateful views and voices".

The Trump campaign repeatedly used the phrase against Clinton during and after the 2016 presidential election. Many Trump supporters adopted the "deplorable" moniker for themselves in reappropriation. Some journalists and political analysts questioned whether this incident played a role in the election's outcome. Clinton admitted in her 2017 book What Happened that it was one of the factors for her loss.

That was the first thing I found when trying to find other mentions of her using that phrase. What I found was pretty much what I suggested in my original reply in this thread. So help me out here, when do you think that she relied on that line again. If she admits that it was a factor in her loss, with all of us knowing how much she wanted to be Queen, why would she use it more?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Less than two months before Election Day, Hillary Clinton gave a speech at an LGBT fundraiser in New York City. Breaking down the electorate she said, “you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables.” It wasn’t a gaffe. It wasn’t slip of the tongue. It was a scripted line, that New York Times reporter Amy Chozick reports, was developed over glasses of chardonnay.

lol
you can pretend what you like about hillarys description of her opposition
the strategy was planned and documented
it was not an off the cuff remark taken out of context

Campaign Manager Robby Mook split the opposition into three groups: 1) “Republicans who hated her, 2) Voters “who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them,” and 3) “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic.” Clinton and company packaged that last group up and put them in a basket, a basket of deplorables. “The Deplorables always got a laugh, over living-room chats in the Hamptons, at dinner parties under the stars on Martha’s Vineyard, over passed hors d’oeuvres in Beverly Hills, and during sunset cocktails in Silicon Valley,” Chozick writes.

for them it was too bad that how they actually felt about their fellow americans was exposed

And so at a fundraiser in New York City, feeling confident (and a bit petty), Clinton and her aides used the line that “always got a laugh.” They called half of the country deplorable and they lost the election.

still laughing?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
that user is a shill for the dnc
altho they claim not to be
their hatred for donald trump is legendary
enough to inspire self admitted domestic altercations
they only pretend to sit on the fence

your attempted defense of such is cute and "simple"

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

But that one term ''deplorables'' has not been a term used by liberals to slander conservatives on any grand scale that I have been able to ascertain.

Before Hillary (and yes, she did openly defend her use of the term), it did not carry the connotation it does today. She coined its use toward conservatives, and the conservatives took it as their own to take power from the word.

Today, however, "deplorables" will stand as a word the conservatives took for themselves to embarrass Hillary. I suspect The Hunt started filming around the time the word came into vogue. In that sense, it is a reflection of the present political climate; using "deplorable" allows it to stand for longer than this one time period, though.

"Grandma, why are they calling those people "deplorables"?
"That's what they used to call them in the 2010s, child."

But I see little difference between the names that one side call the other, either side. It all comes from the same place within us, a place that cannot communicate from the heart, from the mind and has to rely upon cliches that seek to elevate ones own sense of superiority by demeaning the other.

If you believe that, you haven't been paying attention. Yes, both sides try to use wordplay to damage the other, just like two football teams use intimidation to try and beat the other team. But we have gone beyond words now. The name-calling has escalated to the even worse term "white supremacist." At the same time, there are open calls from the far left to literally silence the conservatives via force if necessary. Not from the fringe elements; these are coming from the halls of Congress itself. That's like the coach of one football team shooting players on the other if they gain too many yards... not exactly fair.

I have little doubt that the producers wanted to make a film that would play upon the present conflicts to garner attention. I just don't think this movie is, in and of itself, a call to arms for either side. It's still a fantasy on a screen, just using present circumstances to improve its financial returns.

And Redneck, well, we can thank Jeff Foxworthy for much of the elevation of that name from the crap heap to one of positive self identification. He did it with class and humor without turning around and putting labels on those that sought to put labels on him.

I pre-date Foxworthy by at least a decade. He may have gotten credit for making the term "redneck" acceptable, but it was me who started it on that journey, even if in a small, limited way.

And ticked me off? Nah, I was just trying to set the record straight.

Same here.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You calling me a defender of the DNC just because I don't like Trump is equivalent to someone calling you a white supremacist because you do like Trump.

Lol. Hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No
All you defend is the dnc
This time over a film you probably have no intention of getting a ticket stamped for

Funny that it seems the big bad for this film is a woman who wants to get rid of the deplorables, wonder if she has a public policy and a private policy?

It is a blum film so I bet it is pretty good

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: xuenchen

You see, well, likely you don't, but here's the thing anyway. I pointed to both sides doing the same thing and what did you reply with? You replied with the very same stuff you always reply with,,,,DEMS dunnit. You do not seem capable of pulling yourself out of or even looking over the brick wall of that little corner you have painted yourself into.

Great Last Resort there I see 😃

Fixation and the Base rate fallacy 😃

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join