It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Film Ad About Leftists Hunting, Murdering ‘Deplorables’ Gets Axed by Studio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Anyone remember the movie "Joe", starring Peter Boyle?

At a nearby bar he hears factory worker Joe Curran ranting about how he hates hippies, and Compton blurts out that he just killed one. Joe reacts favorably, but Compton says it was a joke.

Joe beats one of the girls until she tells him that their boyfriends often spend time in an upstate commune. Joe and Compton drive to that commune, with Joe bringing rifles. In a confrontation at the commune, Joe and Compton kill all the hippies there, and Compton unwittingly kills his own daughter.

en.wikipedia.org...(1970_film)

Freaked me out, man.

This movie sounds more like Poe's The Most Dangerous Game though. That story freaked me out too.

The Most Dangerous Game is a Short Story by Richard E. Connell (1893-1949). It was published in Collier's magazine on January 19, 1924. It won Richard Connell his second O. Henry Award for short fiction.

But yes, this sounds like the same classic story with some politics to make it more current and interesting. I'd buy it from the Walmart discount DVD bin, a place it will likely end up sooner than most movies.
edit on 8-8-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

According to the source in quoted in the OP, it was the trailer which was axed.

That's good to know. I have high hopes for this movie... as in, I hope it is better than Hunger Games. Those were OK, but just OK IMO.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

First of all, what say we let the movie come out before we go denouncing it over what some idiot movie critic says? My experience has been that the less the critics like it, the more I will; the more the critics like it, the less I will.

Second of all, radical environmentalism is driven by the MSM. The news is not assumed to be fantasy like movies are. Anyone who takes their world view from a theater screen was in serious need of massive psychological help long before they walked into a theater.

Movies, again, are FANTASY, at least the good ones are. I will never understand people who want to see real life things on the silver screen... I have quite enough reality in my life as it is, thank you very much; I don't need any more.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Without the word deplorable, isn't this just the rich paying to hunt the poor?

Basically the same thing as the purge... I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume this is supposed to be trump supporters.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Where do they call themselves the "globalist" elite? Quit making stuff up, they call themselves the elite, the word globalist never comes up in the trailer anywhere. Maybe actually watch the trailer again? That would help.

You act as if this is a completely new concept. I've seen plenty of movies where the "elite" kill or terrorize those they think are "lesser" than them.

You should really stop politicizing everything in your head. I know the media has conditioned you to see boogeymen everywhere but they're not real. It's ok. Lol.
edit on 8/8/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just a thought about the OP statement.

My understanding is that only the AD for the movie is being pulled - not the movie itself.

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The same sort of thing was done in the movie Hostel, rich people paid to torture regular people.

People have really swallowed the partisan koolaid around here. The media really knows how to back people into their little ideological corners, they're doing a fantastic job with their propaganda.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

On the east and west coasts... Maybe they're drinking water from the ocean. Coincidence?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I bet at the end, the ones who ended up becoming the hunted started screaming and crying about violence from the Trump supporters who had to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

sure, if you say so.....

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
It'd be funny if the plot was about people trying to figure out how guns work while stumbling around the wilderness trying to find Trump supporters, complaining about the heat, and just getting lost. Then it turns into a psychological horror, where everything is offensive and unbearable.

Sounds like the progressive biography.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: pheonix358

Movies can and do make me think deeply. But again they are just movies.
Is this a Oliver Stone or Ken Burns documentaries series?
No I think not.
So don’t think too much into it dude.

nope
no oliver stone or ken burns

it is Jason Blum so it will be much better than anything those two have done.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Where do they call themselves the "globalist" elite? Quit making stuff up, they call themselves the elite, the word globalist never comes up in the trailer anywhere. Maybe actually watch the trailer again? That would help.

You act as if this is a completely new concept. I've seen plenty of movies where the "elite" kill or terrorize those they think are "lesser" than them.

You should really stop politicizing everything in your head. I know the media has conditioned you to see boogeymen everywhere but they're not real. It's ok. Lol.

says the one asking for sources for movie ads
lol
exposed again

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
We covered this yesterday in Ketsuko's thread in the Movie Forum.

LOL'ing at all the marys who didn't watch the trailer and see what it's actually about.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Chadwickus

So that would mean, ah, give me a second or two two think about this. tic tock tick tock. Ok got it.

So unlike the immediate reaction that the movie was made by leftists to stir up other leftists to hunt down Trump supporters, it ah, really is a movie designed to get conservatives riled up about how they are persecuted and then tells a tale of striking back at their evil oppressors.

Do you think I got that right?

Why else would Hollywood elites have it pulled? The OP struck me odd because normally Hollywood wouldn't pull a fantasy where liberals were successful in hunting down and killing Trump supporters.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I asked for proof that this is a "liberals kill conservatives" movie. I have yet to see it, I just see a concept that has been done a thousand times already.

Go ahead, show us why you can sit here and so confidently say that this is a movie depicting liberals killing conservatives, other than what's in your own head of course. You can't just read and link to a right wing propaganda site and expect their biased opinion to be gospel.

Exposed! Lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

yeah
its only the movie screenplay lol
what a dufus

pjmedia.com...

Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables

I would say nice try, but it wasn't.
Your continued support for the dnc is exposed again!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Ah, so in your twisted little opinion I somehow support people killing other people for sport? What kind of retarded logic is that? If not then what in the hell am I supporting in context with this thread/movie?

Go scream at some more clouds old man, I'm sure you could spot the shape of a liberal up there somewhere. At least then you'd actually have something to point at for proof other than your own biases. Lol. Exposed!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

nope
this is just a film, one I hope to attend as Blum movies are pretty good
your posts indicate your support for all things dnc

some more info for you about the upcoming film
www.foxnews.com...

"The Hunt," which was previously going to be titled "Red State vs. Blue State," is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing "deplorables."

and from universal.....

Universal Pictures told Fox News on Wednesday: "Out of sensitivity to the attention on the country’s recent shooting tragedies, Universal Pictures and the filmmakers of The Hunt have temporarily paused its marketing campaign and are reviewing materials as we move forward."

now that the msm has latched on to the film they won't need anymore ads
genius

edit on 8/8/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

your posts indicate your support for all things dnc

Not sure how but ok. You believe what you want to believe, meanwhile I'll be refusing to throw my support behind anyone with a D or an R by their name.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join