It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE Raids Work Sites in Mississippi, Finds 680 Illegal Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is the best story of the day. All that cheap labor got a lot more expensive. Hopefully they throw the book at these businesses, like koch foods. There's a hefty fine for hiring illegals and it never gets enforced. I'd love to see that change.

One of the businesses was koch foods (not related to the koch brothers you're thinking of, I thought so too...) which had 3 buses worth of illegals taken away.

Detained employees at a Koch Foods plant in Morton, Miss., 40 miles east of Jackson, were boarded on three buses and taken to the Mississippi National Guard base in Flowood, Miss., for processing, according to The Associated Press.

edit on 7-8-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is great news.

These rich assholes control too many politicians and don’t give the first thought to the country they call home.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Lol, these are the real slave owners, still alive and well in the 1%. I
like how they said "this Koch isnt Charles Koch" right..what is his brothers name? @#@%$# the Kochs, Soros, Gates all these rotten greedy pricks.
edit on 7-8-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Koch foods is not owned by Koch Industries nor associated with the Koch Brothers.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Koch Foods is a food processor and distributor in Park Ridge, Illinois that is listed by Forbes Magazine as number 163 on the list of the largest private companies in the US. The company is owned by Joseph Grendys.

From Motley Fool:

A casual observer might believe Koch Foods is associated with Koch Industries and the billionaire Koch brothers, but it is actually an unrelated and unaffiliated company.

edit on 7-8-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
680 taken prisoner !!!!!

What a woolop/slap 😃

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

They also held a meeting to figure out how to make retirees die sooner. They are living too long, costing the companies a lot of money in healthcare expenses.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Koch Foods note: Not affiliated with Koch Industries.

Seems like a great company to work for, NOT!

Koch has been accused of discriminating against black contact farmers and retaliating against those that spoke out. From 2009 to 2015 the company went from having contracts with four black farmers in Mississippi to having none. USDA investigators found “evidence of unjust discrimination” against black farmers by Koch.

This is the same Processing Plant that was raided:

In 2012 the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission brought a class employment discrimination lawsuit against Koch alleging harassment of workers and discrimination based on national origin and race at Koch’s Morton, Mississippi plant. The lawsuit alleged that workers were “subjected to touching and sexually suggestive comments, were hit, were charged money for normal everyday work activities” among other things. 
In 2018 Koch Foods paid $3,750,000 plus other relief to settle the case 

You'd have thought they would have cleaned up their act considering the feds were already on to them.
Somebody's going to prison because this many without proper work permits isn't a verification mistake.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Bannon always said that Corporate America and Wallstreet were screwing America.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Now, I'm not sure that the koch's are still involved in koch foods as they were bought out years ago, but I don't doubt that these hiring practices have been going on since the beginning.

If by "Koch's are still involved" you mean the Koch brothers of Koch Industries then Koch Foods was never owned by them or involved at all.

www.fool.com...

The company was founded in 1973 by Fred Koch (no relation to the famous family) and later sold to Joseph Grendys. 

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Bannon always said that Corporate America and Wallstreet were screwing America.

Corporate America for sure. "Wallstreet" is a more generalized entity. Bernie Sanders says wallstreet includes the entire financial sector.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
680 undocumented workers detained...

What was the number of white collars they took into custody too?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You wanna trade?
I have two banksters worth in a private jet and a doctor in a Porsche.

edit on 7-8-2019 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Well I stand corrected

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was wrong. Unlike the media, I'll correct the record. This is not in any way related to the koch brothers.
edit on 7-8-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I figure there will be arrests of whoever was supposed to be checking documents, usually some HR person, and the person who that person answered to, like the VP of HR and/or Compliance and/or Legal. I doubt they can get away with blaming a clerical error or an E verification error when it was 680 people. The C Suite is a much better win for federal prosecutors than some work visa violators.

This company was already in trouble for EEOC violations anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Koch foods was started by the koch brothers father, fred koch and bought out by his friend and former employee, joseph grendy. Like I said in the OP.

You are very mistaken. Farmer Koch and Father Koch here were two different people, and not related.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Koch foods was started by the koch brothers father, fred koch and bought out by his friend and former employee, joseph grendy. Like I said in the OP.

No, it was not. That is a different, unrelated Fred Koch. The Koch family patriarch was an oil man, not a chicken man.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

No, that is a totally different Fred Koch.

Fred Koch, the father, died in 1967. How could he found a company in 1973?

Why can't you see this? Are you Koch eyed. Sorry had to say it.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I knew he was an oil man, but thought he may have dabbled in farming chickens as well. My apologies, I'll edit the OP to reflect that as, upon further investigation, you are correct,

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
LOL! I thought this was going to be one of those Trump Cartoons.
I'm not sure the illegals like Trump so much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join