It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes The Hunt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hollywood produces film about hunting deplorables.

"Did anyone see what our ratf**ker-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for The Hunt, a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."

If you can't guess from that, the premise of this gem is that liberal elites round up about a half dozen hapless flyover schlubs for wrongthink and hunt them down and slaughter them.

The promotional spots are supposed to be running right now.

Over the Aug. 3 weekend, ESPN pulled an ad for the film that it had previously cleared, while AMC ran the spot during the season premiere of its drama The Preacher. It's unclear whether the ads were identical, but the one yanked by ESPN opened with a sound resembling an emergency broadcast signal. A rep for ESPN parent Disney declined to comment on the move, but an ESPN source says no spots for the film will appear on the network in the coming weeks.

One network backed off but AMC ran with it, so some of you may have seen the spot for this already. ESPN will not run the spots now which I think is wise given where we are currently in our national conversation.

Here is a couple trailer to give you an idea.

The original title for the film was Red State Vs. Blue State, so the political themes of the movie are clearly important to the plot. THR says that The Hunt “made some executives at Universal skittish back in May 2018, when film chief Donna Langley acquired the script and fast-tracked it at a modest $18 million budget,” but several studios “did not pursue it because of the explosive premise.” One studio executive reportedly didn’t even bother reading the script because "The idea seemed crazy." The movie was produced by Jason Blum, who also produced other well-known horror flicks like The Purge, Paranormal Activity, and Get Out.

So the politics here are intended to be there. So ... I don't know. What do you all think? Is this a good idea or not given the state of things right now?
edit on 7-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If they keep poking at the deplorables it will result in a they bring a knife we will bring a gun senerio, which I dont think they are prepared for.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So the politics here are intended to be there. So ... I don't know. What do you all think? Is this a good idea or not given the state of things right now?

Are you asking if it's wrong to hunt humans? Yes, it's totally wrong.

Hopefully that sounded convincing.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Umm, that first trailer is from an older film. I started watching it and was wondering what the OP was blabbering about.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I read about this earlier. Its dumbfounding, Dems, media, all spewing hatred, then blaming Trump and anyone willing to vote for him...now this, a movie glorifying using guns to kill those very people.

if I wasnt already exhausted from being shocked by their hipocracy...Id be shocked.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Watch the second trailer, it looks like the deplorables get the last laugh.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
From the second trailer. The premise seems to be Elites hunting normal folks and the normal folks are the heroes of the film. The people being hunted seem to come from all walks of life.

So what should I be outraged over. Someone please tell me or I won't know.
edit on 7-8-2019 by karmicecstasy because: meh

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'll remove it. I watched the one and really had no interest in watching any others. They all came up with the same title on them, so my assumptions got me in trouble.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Ordinarily, I might agree with you, but given that the political themes are important to the film and given the hyper charged situation in the country with actual political violence taking place on both sides ... is it a good idea to release a movie like this right now, regardless of which side you show in power and which side you show as victim?

Would this be any more right to release right now if this were a group with a Dick Cheney analogue hunting hapless soy boys even if they turn the tables and end up winning?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Just edit your OP, it could be the feel good movie of the summer.

See it three times and watch thousands of liberal elites meet their mak...hmmm....just see them die.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Meh, it's less about that and more about do we need to release a film showing the two sides at each other's throats in a murderous way right at this point in time? Maybe the movie needs to wait a few more months for wide release?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Do we need another movie about dudes in tight costumes running around with more dudes in tight costumes? NO! We need something that makes people go, 'Hmmmmm, I think I want to try this....'

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I just did, I want to laugh, but all this #e is just becoming ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Do we need another movie about dudes in tight costumes running around with more dudes in tight costumes? NO! We need something that makes people go, 'Hmmmmm, I think I want to try this....'
lol youre on a roll today

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I think the source you pulled this from was misrepresenting things to rile up people and score some political points. This seems to be a rich people hunting humans for sport movie and not a Liberals hunting Deplorables movie.

If it is wrong to make a movie to rile people up. Isn't it equally as wrong to misrepresent a movie in a news story to rile people up. You know given all the tension between the sides and all.

edit on 7-8-2019 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2019 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
This seems to be a rich people hunting humans for sport movie and not a Liberals hunting Deplorables movie.

The second trailer certainly had a 'liberal elite versus the red state bumpkins' kind of feel to it which makes me wonder why any bumpkin would be upset with this since in real life, owing to they are all born as fraternal twins with a rifle, it would end badly for the elites.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Some of the characters fit the country bumpkin stereotype but others did not. Like Emma Roberts character. Some of the characters being hunted seem to fit liberal stereotypes and some conservative stereotypes.

If I had to guess the Elites are making a red state group and a blue state group fight each other to death. But everyone has to team up in the end to turn the tables on the Elites.

But I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Classic Machiavelli

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused by the two trailers. The first one actually looked good, and if they were deplorables being hunted, looks like they picked the wrong ones.
The second movie looked kind of a low budget, woman hero version of that Leim Nesson movie about his daughter, so I'll pass on that one.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
And people wonder why political violence is on the rise in America. Hey, freedom of speech, but don’t wonder why people want to keep their guns to defend themselves. We need all of the Bill of Rights working not just some of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join