It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best and Worst Airports in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hah! ok I get it, but those damn trains remind me of Tokyo...Im not a good sardine.

ORD and SFO? bad...but Laguardia, is worse

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: BlueJacket

I like the trains in Atlanta, saves me from hauling my fat ass all over on foot.

As for that? I hate ORD and SFO

Yeah, the things I like about DEN are the moving walkways and the trains between concourses. Last time I was at Denver, end of July, I stopped in one concourse to grab breakfast then continued on to my concourse. Nice and easy and fast.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

All of you are spoiled. Sometime, you shoul try Kinshasa (FIH), or maybe Sumbe (NDD) in Angola. Or Ta'izz (TAI), at the Southern tip of Yemen. Ah, the life of a long-haul contract airline pilot. My favorite airport in the world is Dubai, although Singapore Changi is a very close second. And believe it or not Havana's Jose Marti is very nice. The air traffic controllers' English is better than that from Miami's. The rum selection the duty free shop is outstanding. From a pilot's perspective, anywhere in the Northeast corridor is a nightmare, and when possible, we'll use HPN or TEB rather than J FK, LGA, or EWR. AUS is nice, as are most airports west of the Mississippi, except LAX, SFO, and DFW.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

As for that? I hate ORD and SFO

I'll be at SFO tomorrow, one of my least favorites.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

All of you are spoiled. Sometime, you shoul try Kinshasa (FIH), or maybe Sumbe (NDD) in Angola. Or Ta'izz (TAI), at the Southern tip of Yemen. Ah, the life of a long-haul contract airline pilot. My favorite airport in the world is Dubai, although Singapore Changi is a very close second. And believe it or not Havana's Jose Marti is very nice. The air traffic controllers' English is better than that from Miami's. The rum selection the duty free shop is outstanding. From a pilot's perspective, anywhere in the Northeast corridor is a nightmare, and when possible, we'll use HPN or TEB rather than J FK, LGA, or EWR. AUS is nice, as are most airports west of the Mississippi, except LAX, SFO, and DFW.

We are spoiled because we don't want to fly into Yemen?.. Ok.....call me spoiled!

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Bad enough I have to fly to Detroit.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Well, I thought we were talking about US airports.

If we were talking about international airports I could name more than just a few which are absolute S#holes!!

And yes, Changi is nice, but it's not really an airport anymore...it's more like SE Asia-Disney. Especially since they built the new terminal(s). Spent many a year traveling through Changi.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

This thread was apropos in the worst way. Supposed to fly SFO-EWR today at 8AM, ATC at Newark now makes that 5:10PM which means I get home tomorrow. I'm planning an air rage incident as we speak.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This thread was apropos in the worst way. Supposed to fly SFO-EWR today at 8AM, ATC at Newark now makes that 5:10PM which means I get home tomorrow. I'm planning an air rage incident as we speak.

When you get tackled by TSA, ask for Dennis.

He has the softest hands.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: F4guy

Well, I thought we were talking about US airports.

If we were talking about international airports I could name more than just a few which are absolute S#holes!!

And yes, Changi is nice, but it's not really an airport anymore...it's more like SE Asia-Disney. Especially since they built the new terminal(s). Spent many a year traveling through Changi.

1990's Frankfurt, I had an airport security guard point a machine gun at my face and ask me what was in a present I bought.
I could not for the life of me think of a German/French name for Dinosaur toy.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

When you get tackled by TSA, ask for Dennis.

He has the softest hands.

Holy ****!!! You're right!

<< 1   >>

join