It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best and Worst Airports in the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
thepointsguy.com...

Maybe I live in some parallel universe. A universe where the Hatfield-Jackson airport comes in at top.

This just blows my mind. I've been in a lot of the airports on the list, actually almost all but Phoenix, but I think I had a layover there once.

Hatfield is absolutely without a doubt an airport I try to avoid if at all possible.

I happen to really like the Orlando Airport. I can't believe it made the worst list. I like Midway too. It is a no frills kind of place.
Maybe I'm not looking to get my nails done at an airport, I just want to get to my plane and leave. silly me.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've always liked my hometown airport, the Indianapolis International airport. I see it made the list at #9 as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My favorite is Salt Lake. Cozy little airport, good amenities, restaurants, clean. They have little work desk throughout the airport.

My least is Houston. Dirty, layout makes no sense. Employees are lazy and rude.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

They've been fighting over KCI for years. The mayor and city council have been bound and determined that they want a single terminal design on our airport, so the conspiracy is that they've let the thing go to pot on purpose so it has to be fixed, and of course fixing it will mean demolishing it and building a new single terminal.

Thing is that the three terminal design we have here is easy-peasey lemon squeezy to get in and get. You go straight to your terminal, drop off and get in and go through your gate. It's heaven for local commuters. Admittedly, it's not as good for layovers because it's not a design chock full of amenities. You don't need them when no one is traveling from terminal to terminal.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Since I travel every week I can tell you that the worst is my home airport, EWR. MCO is in fact a total craphole with all the families flying in for Disney, it's insufferable.

I do like PDX, it's easy to get in and out of, DEN is also quite nice and easy to navigate.

ETA: I'm not buying their explanation on why EWR moved out of the bottom 10, the United lounges are okay (the Polaris lounge is awesome) but nearly every flight gets ATC'd and you're rarely on time.

edit on 7-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I lived in Florida and flew in and out of MCO many many times, never had a problem, missed flight, very easy.
Maybe I was lucky.
I like Denver too, cool looking and thinking about what is underneath....

I've used EWR, but I always thought Laguardia was much much worse. Laguardia actually scares me!
The only flight I ever thought I would crash in was landing in Laguardia.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Gee, Sawyer international airport did not even make any list. I think it is because they only have a vending machine now for coffee in the evenings. Not bad enough of a reason to put it on the bad list but definitely enough to keep it off the good list.

The name is deceptive, they do not have any oriental, Asian, or other foreign foods there at all

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That dude has been smokin' some serious fiberglass insulation to come up with that list. I'd rather have someone take a belt sander to my berries than spend time at Newark OR ATL!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I lived in Florida and flew in and out of MCO many many times, never had a problem, missed flight, very easy.

It's not the flights, it's all the Kettles who never fly getting in the wrong lanes, not knowing how to go through screening, not understand the boarding process, etc. They should ride in the cargo hold.

I like Denver too, cool looking and thinking about what is underneath....

I'd tell you but you know the rest.

I've used EWR, but I always thought Laguardia was much much worse. Laguardia actually scares me!
The only flight I ever thought I would crash in was landing in Laguardia.

LGA is too far for me and United has limited flights so I'm in and out of EWR at least once a week.

edit on 7-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's like Laramie, only manned part time, one vending machine and TSA was a comedy riot.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's not the flights, it's all the Kettles who never fly getting in the wrong lanes, not knowing how to go through screening, not understand the boarding process, etc. They should ride in the cargo hold.

I had to help a lady last week.. I basically told her seat 20 is after everything before 20 so she would have to wait it out.

Don't even get me started on security lines.. I think they should zap some people in the scanner.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I had to help a lady last week.. I basically told her seat 20 is after everything before 20 so she would have to wait it out.

I had a guy take my upgraded boarding pass off the gate agent's desk (I was still in the lounge) and tried to pass himself off as me a couple weeks ago.

Don't even get me started on security lines.. I think they should zap some people in the scanner.

It would be more effective if they zapped them in the genitals.

edit on 7-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
DEN - Madhouse. Didn't used to be.

MKE - Very nice, quiet little airport.

ORD - Madhouse, and always was.

HNL - Madhouse, and always was.

MSP - Meh. Kind of depressing.

TUS - Only time we were ever swabbed for explosives. They flipped out when I said, "Why don't you just look in my bag?" It was a bit comic, but we weren't amused by being singled out.

LAS - As filthy as the town it's in.

ANB - Tiny.

MCO - ZOO.

MIA - ZOO.

FLL - ZOO, and too small for the number of people flying in/out of it.

YVR - Cluster. Foxtrot.

ATL - Sh*thole.

LHR - Surprisingly easy to navigate. Customs was a breeze. We were really impressed with this airport.

Puerto Rico - Strangely empty.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

MKE - Very nice, quiet little airport.

my home airport, but unfortunately limited number of flights.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Palm Springs is probably my favorite airport.

I like that it's open air.
New Orleans is pretty good, I was always able to get in and out of there quickly.

Worst?
Chicago is always a mess
Pittsburgh is really inconvenient to the rental cars
Charlotte is a black whole

I could list half the airports in the US
edit on 7-8-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Portland Oregon , if youre looking for amazing food and beer/wine.

I give Charlotte, 2nd place

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
MKE has a wonderful new open-concept bar in the main terminal. Not sure how long it's been there, but I enjoyed it because MKE is such a quiet place. Very cozy.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I like Portland, Denver I like because there's still one bar you can smoke in, and I enjoy Atlanta.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Im with you on PDX and Denver...but I abhore Atlanta...maybe its just those damn trains and the 10$ beers

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I like the trains in Atlanta, saves me from hauling my fat ass all over on foot.

As for that? I hate ORD and SFO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join