It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say It Ain't So...Disney To Remake Home Alone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Another remake of a beloved classic and, more than likely, another bomb. How the heck do you improve on Home Alone? I loved this movie, along with the sequel, Home Alone 2 and continue to enjoy watching both of these movies with my family during Christmas time.

Disney will remake ‘Home Alone’ for its new streaming service Disney+.

Disney CEO Bob Iger said Home Alone will be “reimagined” for “a new generation,”

www.rt.com...

Is Hollywood running out of ideas, or are they just becoming lazy? How could anyone at Disney think this would be a good idea? What do you think?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm guessing they just want to redo it and make it better.

It was a good show, but even back in the day I just couldn't help thinking(while watching it) that it would have been better with a girl or transgender as the star.

Or keep it simple and just do a race swap.

"Home Alone follows the story of a young black boy in the south who gets left behind when his parents travel to a protest rally. What starts out as fun and games for the boy as he realizes he has the day alone to play games and watch TV, quickly turns dangerous as the local KKK chapter learns of his vulnerable state."

You know, this crap is still entertainment though, in the form of laughing AT it(not with it).

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
They should have Trump do a cameo role in it. He makes everything great again.

In all seriousness, I don't know how you improve on the Home Alone series. So you're probably right and they will ruin it. I still watch Home Alone around Christmas time every year.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I’d give it a shot, because I really enjoy the first two. I have my doubts though because even part three was bad without the original cast.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm pretty tired of these remakes. It's time for them to start coming up with original stuff and leave these classics alone.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
And therein lies the problem.
VERY few people making movies anymore have an imagination. And None at Disney apparently.

Won't be watching this.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
How the heck do you improve on Home Alone?

Let Joe Pesci kill the kid.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
How the heck do you improve on Home Alone?

Let Joe Pesci kill the kid.

But first he has to ask the kid "do I amuse you?".

If he says that, I'll watch

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

They've gotta do it with a female as the lead. Mark my words, they will.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
But first he has to ask the kid "do I amuse you?".

If he says that, I'll watch

"Hey, bing, you still here? I thought I told you to go (have relations with) your mother!"

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Disney is creatively bankrupt. The golden age of the 90's and early 00's Disney movies is over, all they care about is cashing in on already established brands because their bottom line dictates that they shouldn't take any risks on unproven ideas. It's all about money not making new and creative movies anymore. They've gotten too comfortable.

But people continue to reward their laziness so it will probably continue for the foreseeable future. Good thing I hardly ever watch movies anymore.
edit on 8/7/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
How will Disney make the movie ‘woke’

They cannot make it feature black parents. Because it will be racist to show black parents abandoning their kid.

So it will have to stay a white family

It will have to be a girl maybe not a cis girl but a girl who won’t touch a gun and the bad guys will have some type of red hat or a be some sort of trump supporter.

This movie will be just like when a checked marked liberal’s 5 year old kid asks that question to show how smart she is and how dumb Trump is, that will be the movies theme

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
People do realize there was five Home Alone movies. This will be the fourth straight-to-video/streaming movie. It will either be the third to feature a new family or the second to reboot Kevin.

The third and fifth entries in the Home Alone series had different family's. The fourth Home Alone was a rebooted Kevin with divorced parents.

But carry on with the outrage. I am sure you were equally mad about those, you know, before someone said to be mad about this.
edit on 7-8-2019 by karmicecstasy because: I find it hillarious that we are four reboots deep before anyone noticed though

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I didn't notice anyone mad about this. Just a bunch of political jabs at Disney, which is expected since Disney went all political with their movies.
edit on 7-8-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
People do realize there was five Home Alone movies. This will be the fourth straight-to-video/streaming movie. It will either be the third to feature a new family or the second to reboot Kevin.

I actually did not know that. I just looked it up and was previously unaware of the 4th and 5th films. I also seem to have contracted a case of Mandela Effect on the 3rd movie because I was absolutely certain Culkin's little brother, Kieran was the lead in that one. He wasn't, and I can't find anything else in either of their filmographies that leads me to explaining why I thought the two split leads in two different movies from the same series.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am not even trying to defend a Home Alone reboot. I just think it is funny that no one noticed all the other times it was rebooted.

We are no longer on sacred ground here. It is not coming to theaters. It is just streaming fodder for Disney's new service. I am sure the originals will be on there also.
edit on 7-8-2019 by karmicecstasy because: Meep..Meep

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because they don't own the rights to Citizen Kane or The Godfather.

Yet......

edit on 7-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
New plot;

White family leaves child to attend racist political rally and hates the kid because the kid does not take advantage of his white privilege.

The kid becomes transgender and moves right away into a home led by two bi-racial lesbians who live a green life and don't leave a carbon footprint to destroy the environment.

The rest of the family dies tragically in a MAGA bonfire while the kid lives happily ever after.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not triggery enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join