It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another CNN Political Ratings Stunt To Air Tonight Who's Watching?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Tonight, from 9-10 pm, Chris Cuomo will host another town hall, entitled, "America Under Assault: The Gun Crisis." This town hall is nothing more than a blatant anti-gun and ratings stunt, which is taking place several days after 31 people lost their lives in two, horrific mass shooting incidents.

There is a need to have a debate on the gun crisis in America, but not in this way. The media should respect the fact that families are still grieving and burying their loved ones. To have a debate this soon isn't being respectful to these families. However, CNN isn't interested in being respectful, or having a fair and honest debate. They're only interested in ratings and distorting the facts, by allowing a known anti-gun and partisan agitator, Chris Cuomo, to be the host.

CNN is also lambasting the 50 Republicans who declined recent interview requests and who are turning down offers to appear on this latest town hall. Perhaps it's because the GOP remembers how well the Parkland Town Hall went.

“I want to give credit where credit is due here,” (CNN) anchor Jim Sciutto said Monday morning. “This broadcast, we reached out to 50 Republican lawmakers to speak about this issue today. Forty-nine of them said no. [Rep.] Ted Yoho [R-Fla.], a member of the House Freedom Caucus, he said yes.”

LINK

That may have something to do with CNN’s long record of attempting to blame Republicans for mass shootings and cast them as disingenuous tools of the NRA. See, e.g., the egregiously awful Parkland Townhall.
--Ben Shapiro

LINK

Lets get real here...CNN isn't interested in hearing what politicians and experts from both sides have to say about the gun crisis in America. They're not interested in listening to potential solutions from both sides of the aisle. Nope, they're only interested in two things: to improve their ratings by hosting another town hall, so soon after two tragic shootings and to stoke the fire of hate, by linking Trump supporters to white supremacy and blaming Republicans for the gun violence in America.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It is interesting to note that there is no desire to debate this issue when no tragedy has occurred too recently. I imagine it's because they can't pull at the heartstrings as well as right after a tragedy. Can't open the links at the moment (other affairs; not an error), but I imagine a legitimate right winger won't be on.

Whenever I reach that 20 post limit I might try and make a thread concerning guns.
edit on 7-8-2019 by ManWhoWasThursday because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Same situation different day. While the politicians stand of the graves of the victims trying to remove my gun rights. I'm at the gun store purchasing another one.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I find it peculiar how Chicago's constant shootings avoid MSM. But its election season so on with the propaganda and sensationalism.

(post by 0zzymand0s removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

They promote mass shootings by putting it out there and blaming someone for it. They know some nut job will get some crazy crap in his head over it. They live for it.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ClowMo setting up another CNN failure 🤣🚬

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Please call it cnn it is a minor network after all.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Corrupt News Network?? No thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If CNN would like a lively debate on guns, they should invite some ATS members.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If you are in the mood to lose about half your IQ points, become mildly nauseous, or need something to make you fall asleep, this Cuomo performance may be for you. Me? I'm not going to bother. Same ole same ole.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you don’t want guns; don’t buy any. Pretty simple, really.

Next topic.

new topics

top topics

join