It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING Victoria's Secret: Top executive quits after lingerie company hires first openly transgen

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Good for this guy. We have enough fake women as it is.

I see what you mean by "fake", but this dude is ACTUALLY "fake" as opposed to what you mean (bleach blonde, fillers etc etc etc)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Good for this guy for pulling a "you can't fire me, I quit"?

He'll never be able to work in marketing on a large scale again.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Oh you mean Jeffree Star. He isn't fake though. He isnt even "trans".

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Can you imagine? A lingerie advertisement with a bulge visible.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Not a valid comparison, it would be more like I'd they hired a cattle rancher to do their marketing.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'd rather see a natural woman wearing underwear in the posters and mags... not some woman who was once a man.

i think these companies are really pandering to the few and not to the many... they will lose more customers in doing so. Same as Gillette! Same as Netflix!
edit on CDTWed, 07 Aug 2019 10:09:43 -05000000003110x143x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'd rather see a natural woman wearing underwear in the posters and mags... not some woman who was once a man.

i think these companies are really pandering to the few and not to the many... they will lose more customers in doing so. Same as Gillette! Same as Netflix!

Jesus Christ, what did Netflix do that I haven't been told about...

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i mean why didn't the company set up a subsidiary brand that targets transgender people? personally i have no problem with trans but this taking over of women's things really isn't fair to women, being tolerant is one thing but pushing another group out of what belongs to them isn't how it should be accomplished.

this decision to accept trans like this will probably bite them in the ass and he probably knows it.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

What? Women don't think they personally own Victoria Secret. If they started a mens line, no one would care. The larger population of women doesn't care if VS's ads have a transgender woman in them. Only people that masturbate to the ads do.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well said.

This is exactly true. I cut my weight down too. I told myself long ago I was never going to get off the standard woman rack, and I was pushing 16 too when I decided enough was enough. I cut it down to a loose 6, and that's where I'm hoping to stay.

I did it because I wanted to stay available to help my son as he gets into sports, and you can't do that with extra pounds, and I did it because I know I have a family history of arthritis - weight doesn't help that. On my maternal side, no one has died with their own knees in my memory.

Watching the fat acceptance movement makes me sad. So many people who would rather give up than try to do what they should, so they're now telling them it's OK to be so overweight.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

America is an overweight, capitalist nation. All those overweight people still want to buy clothes, and brands need to sell them clothes to make money. Not showing overweight people in ads won't solve the US obesity problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It won't but affirming them as OK isn't going to help with it either.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I thought that most of the customers who bought VS were Gay Dudes who identify as women?

Well that's what -she said-...

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
I thought that most of the customers who bought VS were Gay Dudes who identify as women?

Well that's what -she said-...

Personally I think all these companies are pandering to gender-bending extraterrestrial genderless aliens from outer space...oh wait...

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would if quit as well, good for him

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well if I didn't know this was a man .. Makes me wonder just how many men I've mistaken for women how the heck are you supposed to know anymore ?

This is the one VS hired .
edit on 8/7/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Why do you need to know? This model isn't going to date you.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If I were the type to watch a VS runway show I would not watch it if there were men dressed as women. Anyone who wants to be trans is welcome to it, but I have zero interest.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No but having a bunch of obese women that do not look good in your clothes wont sell many of them. People see an ad and think 'I want to look like that' and buy the clothes.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

People aren't watching the runway show in big numbers anyways.

9 million watched in 2014 compared to 3 million last year.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join