It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING Victoria's Secret: Top executive quits after lingerie company hires first openly transgen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

So will they make lingerie with penis cups?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I would guess that for every one like this there are ten as you describe.

That's also the issue for their former customers, for every Giselle there's 50 non-Giselles that can't fit in the stuff she models.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ambassado12
So will they make lingerie with penis cups?

You should call them and see if they'll do a special request for you.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You're behind if you're just buying stock in the beauty market now.

Drag queens and men have been successfully campaigning for years and making HUGE money.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

They can sell globally and they are publicly traded stock. I say its an EXCELLENT MOVE and the STOCK is a BUY. Keep a watch on there S&P rating.

Stock price: LB (NYSE) $23.86 +0.09 (+0.38%) Aug 6, 4:01 PM EDT

edit on 7-8-2019 by Waterglass because: revised

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Burger King recently started selling taco's.

Victoria's Secrets has trans models.

It's too much for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They also aren't skanky enough for me.

Photographs or you weren't wearing them.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Burger King recently started selling taco's.

Victoria's Secrets has trans models.

It's too much for me.

Just in case you are at the brink, meat for hamburgers and tacos is no longer actual meat. Impossible, right?
edit on 8/7/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

These people have been among use since the time Jesus Christ roamed the earth. Probably before. You are correct but now that's a huge ONE TIME marketing anomaly for them as their sizes will not only be for Transgender men along with shoes, etc, but all of those 300 pound plus lady beastie's in the USA can also wear those same sizes. So it attracts both sides and keeps both groups back in play. I like the move from an strategic and investment perspective.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Cannot afford it? Explain.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Send an email to Andersen Cooper at CNN or Don Lemon.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

They can afford to be exclusive. Being inclusive of trans people is going to hurt the brand more then being "exclusive". Mens attraction to women in Victoria secret has always been a big factor in sales. I used to think Victorias secret and associate it with hot women; which I enjoy. Now I can't stop picturing the models with a penis hanging out of the lingerie. It's going to hurt the brand more imo. The only people boycotting things are radical leftists. The majority of leftists couldn't give a # past a twitter post. They'll be buying VS regardless.

edit on 7-8-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

The trend in women's sales of all kinds is toward inclusivity. With VS losing sales and closing stores on a big scale for years, they can't afford to appear to exclude any market. Women, especially young women, their ideal market, will turn on them.

Their real downfall is when they didn't embrace the bralette that 90% of 25 and unders wear. This is the icing.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Sorry, but that's just not the future of marketing. Women are buying "sexy" lingerie from Instagram brands and FashionNova. VS isn't keeping up. They expect women who have been wanting real, supportive bras with a wide size range to stay in push ups and sexy wear for everyday. That's not going to work. They're dinosaurs.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: drewlander

Their real downfall is when they didn't embrace the bralette that 90% of 25 and unders wear. This is the icing.

I had to look that one up, I admit it didn't ring any bells. Imagery did, though. I tried them out a long time ago, the good ol' Over The Shoulder Boulder...Cover Cloth. Those don't have much support to 'em at all. I suppose they're more for women without much up top than women with the average B or C cup chests.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Send an email to Andersen Cooper at CNN or Don Lemon.

You may want to offer your suggestion to the other poster, I wasn't the one who was interested.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

True. They're definitely for the younger crowd.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I used to think Victorias secret and associate it with hot women; which I enjoy.

That's because it was started by a dude who wanted other dudes to buy women's underwear in an environment they enjoyed. The market has shifted and women are now buying their underwear elsewhere.

This is one of many articles on their loss of market share over the past few years due to changing market dynamics.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Antipathy17

Sorry, but that's just not the future of marketing. Women are buying "sexy" lingerie from Instagram brands and FashionNova. VS isn't keeping up. They expect women who have been wanting real, supportive bras with a wide size range to stay in push ups and sexy wear for everyday. That's not going to work. They're dinosaurs.

So what does expecting women to stay in push ups instead of adding different products have to do with trans people in ads? It's not going to magically make women say, "you know what, I'll do a push up instead of sports bra because the trans person was in it". No. If they are losing women because they lack the products women want then adding a trans person into adverts isn't a fix.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I used to think Victorias secret and associate it with hot women; which I enjoy.

That's because it was started by a dude who wanted other dudes to buy women's underwear in an environment they enjoyed. The market has shifted and women are now buying their underwear elsewhere.

This is one of many articles on their loss of market share over the past few years due to changing market dynamics.

I just thing that being "inclusive" to such a minority of people isn't as beneficial as others I guess. I think it's going to give more people the feeling of a "niche" brand then number of people who feel included by this.

I do think they might get a minor boost of popularity because of trenders but it'll fade and the bad taste will still be left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join