It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media's (Vice) lies pointing to whites as mass shooters when blacks do 90%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So the media is pointing the finger at "white nationalists" calling them terrorists and as we know they only cover shootings by white men and don't bother giving the time of day to the black shooters or black victims that account for ~90% of the shooters and at least that rate of vi

Here are pictures of this years mass shooters that Vice pointed out is majority "white nationalists" - and in the next breath said thee were over 250 shootings this year. That means they are using the statistics of black shooters (gang related very often) and outright lying about white nationalists narrative - which is creating violence against conservatives.

i.redd.it...

This isn't going to end well for the media. People are remembering who is saying what and there is going to be a bill for their recklessness and it's not going to be paid in platitudes and "im sorries"

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Can you link to the msm article please?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The high mass shooting stats usually use gang crime to "pad" the numbers to inflate them.

But the ones that are over reported are focusing on the ones committed by "white" in non gang areas.

It's just the usual obfuscation of facts and "having their cake and eating it too".

Race is really only good when it plays to a narrative.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Can you link to the msm article please?

It's the 08/06/2019 episode and it isn't online yet. The only way to get it is to have online or cable access to it. I'd link but it isn't available yet. I think they will post it in a couple days, just not the first day it is released.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The high mass shooting stats usually use gang crime to "pad" the numbers to inflate them.

But the ones that are over reported are focusing on the ones committed by "white" in non gang areas.

It's just the usual obfuscation of facts and "having their cake and eating it too".

Race is really only good when it plays to a narrative.

Yeah I was skeptical about where they were getting their numbers before about white nationals being 90% of shooters but when they say 250 mass shootings this year, its CLEAR they are using the gang related shootings to make it seem like a much larger issue. You can't get more disingenuous and false to this. How can Trump not know this, or does he?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think that both sides should be honest. Yes, gang violence makes up most of mass shootings. However, gang violence and acts of terrorism are two different things, IMO. Speaking strictly on mass shootings in public places where the shooters goal is to harm as many people as possible (IMO, an act of terrorism). Young white males are mainly responsible. Churches, schools, movie theaters, concerts, department stores...mainly young white male shooters.

Should that reflect on all white males? No. The media is at fault for that.
edit on 6-8-2019 by Secretrooster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Domestic and family violence accounts for over half, nearly two-thirds, of mass shootings. They also include those numbers when they talk about things like “more mass shootings than days” but they fail to mention that little tidbit, too.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Secretrooster

No, you've just been fed the narrative.

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando Pulse club
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Binghampton
DC Snipers
Boston Bombers

Mass Shooters come from all races and political affiliations. The leftists media is just very consistent in pushing hate and propaganda.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando Pulse club
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Binghampton
DC Snipers
Boston Bombers

Mass Shooters come from all races and political affiliations. The leftists media is just very consistent in pushing hate and propaganda.

DC Sniper......So many forget that one.

True terrorism, that guy had the nation on edge for weeks(months?).

And that one was decade(s) ago.

If people didn't have such pliable and short memories they might be able to form their own opinion and not one based on 2 weeks of an MSM news cycle.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando Pulse club
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Binghampton
DC Snipers
Boston Bombers

Did I say ALL shooters are young white males? Key word, majority.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster

No, they're not.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando Pulse club
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Binghampton
DC Snipers
Boston Bombers

Keep telling yourself that. It's not going to end well if you keep trusting the MSM. They have progressed from beyond worthless to the immediate enemy of the people at this point - and that isn't 100% all media, just the majority that are paid shills for the leftist agenda who refuse to report truth. Even Obama's FBI reported facts less biased than the leftist MSM.
edit on 8 6 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando Pulse club
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Binghampton
DC Snipers
Boston Bombers

Keep telling yourself that. It's not going to end well if you keep trusting the MSM. They have progressed from beyond worthless to the immediate enemy of the people at this point - and that isn't 100% all media, just the majority that are paid shills for the leftist agenda who refuse to report truth. Even Obama's FBI reported facts less biased than the leftist MSM.

I don’t watch the news or read MSM. It’s public knowledge. Go look at a list of the last 20 mass shootings and tell me if the majority isn’t white males. That’s fact.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando Pulse club
San Bernardino
Washington Navy Yard
Binghampton
DC Snipers
Boston Bombers

I don’t watch the news or read MSM. It’s public knowledge. Go look at a list of the last 20 mass shootings and tell me if the majority isn’t white males. That’s fact.

Could you post the list for the rest of us please.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
In reality all humans are just... human.
So any race or creed is a potential killer.
Even native Americans and Tibetans kill people.

I know it sounds crazy but we are essentially all the same on the inside when it comes to psychology.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just for clarity sake, what exactly constitutes a mass shooting?

There seems to be alot of different standards. This RAND report makes for an interesting read for those who want a deeper dive beyond what the extremists on BOTH sides are putting out:

www.rand.org...

FBI's collection of mass shooting which they define as 4 or more shot

www.fbi.gov...

I was unable to find any credible collection of stats that gives you the race of the shooters etc. However, a cursory glance points to white males looking at the list. That is a list that both sides would be willing to accept

edit on 8/6/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

www.fbi.gov...

This was a listing of active shooter incidents - not sure what the nomenclature means in this context. Do they not consider gang shootings active shooter incidents because it doesnt seem to list those. Shooting 4 people doesn't seem to be a requisite to make this list. As politically biased as the fbi has revealed itself to be per the "russian collusion" I wouldn't trust their figures for much anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: FredT

www.fbi.gov...

This was a listing of active shooter incidents - not sure what the nomenclature means in this context. Do they not consider gang shootings active shooter incidents because it doesnt seem to list those. Shooting 4 people doesn't seem to be a requisite to make this list. As politically biased as the fbi has revealed itself to be per the "russian collusion" I wouldn't trust their figures for much anyway.

So some (and I'm not suggesting its right or wrong) do not use organized crime incidents as part of that collection as they tend to be tracked elsewhere. The last FBI list was more to show a collation of events that people could then check to see who/what did the shooting

Its from Wiki but it links to HLS's PDF on active shooters

The United States Department of Homeland Security defines an active shooter as "an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and populated area; in most cases, active shooters use firearms and there is no pattern or method to their selection of victims." en.wikipedia.org...-dhs-1

So who's statistics would you accept? The NRA's? Mother Jones? MSNBC? FOX News

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Most mass-shooters are White males.

Most non-mass-shooters are Black and Brown males.

Are those two conclusions correct?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Most mass-shooters are White males.

Most non-mass-shooters are Black and Brown males.

Are those two conclusions correct?

Don't forget White males comprise the bulk of US serial killers as well but thats off topic

Its a good point as I have alluded to. Neither side seems willing to accept stats that do not support their view. Ask doesn't trust the FBI, what about the RAND corporation? The NRA? etc etc.

ucr.fbi.gov...

If you do not trust government statistics ie the FBI, then the conclusion that non mass shooters are Black and Hispanics would not hold as well no?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join