It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media ignores El Paso shooters left wing rhetoric

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I love Republican and Democrats I love centrists I love the LGBT community, I love strait people, I love religious people, i love atheists....

I don't love extremism in any of those things that abandons discourse, civility, and prosperity.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier
If you say so.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theyy
a reply to: luthier
If you say so.

The results speak for themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm not attacking Republicans other than to take a cheap dig at you for acting like someone on the Right can't care about the environment. I'm attacking the same far Right extremists that I've been attacking for years. The same far Right extremists that this site continues to ignore exist and are responsible for most terror attacks in this country.

The shooter said right there in his manifesto that he is neither Democrat or Republican. That doesn't change the fact that his ideology is very much far Right.

The fact that you and others continue to diminish the threat of the far Right is very disturbing. When a man committed a similar act in New Zealand earlier this year they were quick to rightly label him as a terrorist. Here in the US we have a President trying to blame the actions of our own terrorist on video games because if he actually discussed the threat of far Right extremism it would put off his base.

Does that not disturb you?
edit on 8/7/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This is a great point.

Most very extreme versions of religious right are also very environmental. In fact some are actually in extreme environmental movements. Many of the 60's hippies food not bombs types were what today would be classified as far right.

The problem here with extremism of the left and right is very similar to the prisoner and inmate relationship where at any moment the ideas could swap and the personalities on both sides are often very similar.

Also prison guards and prisoners are locked inside a prison.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I know I know

Everything bad is right wing, so says you and HuffPost and the nyt and the Dems

I’m not going to argue about semantics or f left vs right

The people I criticize in the op say trumps rhetoric is what the El Paso shooter parroted

Can you show me trump or republicans discussing the world ending very soon from climate change like the killer?

So fine, if you want to politicize this and blame the right wing, you go ahead

I guess people worried about climate change in the Democratic Party are now conseisered right wing

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I do think blaming Trump for this shooting is unwarranted.

The shooter himself said that his views predate Trump.

I do find it surprising that an 18-19 old would discover ecofascism and embrace it. But if I'm taking the manifesto at face value it would hypocritical if I don't take it all.

At the end of the day you've made me ask a more disturbing question than, "Is Trump inspiring white supremacists with his rhetoric?" Now I have to ask, "Is Trump's rhetoric being inspired by white supremacists?"

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Can you source where in the manifesto he rails against climate change?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Absurd question

Why not ask the equally dumb question, are democrats saying we will all die from climate change in 12 years inspiring shooters, or are the shooters inspiring them

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Democrats tend to push for gun control and dealing with problems through legislation and using the system as it was intended.

Sorry, pushing UnConstitutional legislation is not 'using the system as it was intended'.

Trump implies he wants to deport people who disagree with him,

Reall? Maybe you have an actual example of this pure BS?

and the right-wing media is pushing a fear-mongering agenda about migrants that often distorts reality.

How is simply pointing out facts, like the differences between legal and illegal immigration, and that we simply cannot take in a hundred thousand immigrants per month, even legal ones. fear mongering?

Fear mongering is actually what the radical left does...

The administration is blaming everything except guns for the violence, even video games, which have been scientifically studied and have no effect on violent tendencies.

I agree with you on this one... guns are no different than video games... they are an object, a tool...

Do you have specific examples of rhetoric that you think promotes violence from the left?

Really? You really wanna go there?

Kelly Griffin holding Trumps severed head like Al Quaida would do?
Johnny Depp asking when was the last time a President was assassinated by an actor?
Maxine Waters urging supporters to harass and vilify Trump officials and Republicans in general when they are out in public?

Examples like those?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

It like the Christchurch manifesto talks about climate change and how it will wipe us all out and the need to do something about it

Now where have we heard that rhetoric?

Climate scientists?

That’s right, almost every mainstream democrat

Oh, right, of course.

Do I think we should blame all environmentalists for these shootings? Of course not!

Bit difficult to classify shooting up a load of Mexicans as environmentally motivated terrorism isn't it?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Really because it seems like Republicans are far bigger liars.

They pretend to be conservative for instance but are responsible for government growth and debt as much as the liberals....

Bush inflated the government. Reagan sold arms to Iran to fund contras...

Now conservative people are different but its time to ask some questions of your reps. Like how they are inflating the budget more than obama did in his last 4 years.

RINOs are not typical Republicans.

Most Republicans truly want smaller government. Their big problem is the blinders they must have the allows them to continue to re-elect these same RINOs like Mitch McConnell.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: tanstaafl
Except it happened at a Trump rally in Florida in May.

No, it didn't... not the way it was described.

Trump very clearly said in no uncertain terms that 'we simply cannot even give the BP agents guns, we just can't do it'.

Then, someone in the audience - most likely a plant by the left (this is textbook strategy of theirs, but of course no way to prove it unless someone outs them) - made the 'shoot them' remark. Trump paused, looked like he was considering how to respond, then tried to just make a joke of it and move on by saying 'only in the panhandle can you get away with saying that'.

It absolutely was not Trump making a joke about shooting illegal immigrants.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Actually you are incorrect or it wouldn't be an issue..

Your statement has zero logic. If typical Republicans were fiscally responsible and didn't grow the government they wouldn't be doing it 24/7

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Does a study published by the Trump administration count?

Sorry, I don't download random documents linked by radical leftists. Try a link to the online study, where I can source things and point out its flaws...
edit on 7-8-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Your statement has zero logic. If typical Republicans were fiscally responsible and didn't grow the government they wouldn't be doing it 24/7

Typical Republicans are not in Congress. There are some really good ones, most of them members of the Freedom Caucus, but the number of RINOs that say one thing (to get/stay elected) and do another (to enrich themselves both financially and with power) are enough to work with the Dems against truly whittling down the size of government.

All that is needed is to eliminate all of the government departments that do not have a fundamental basis to exist per the Constitution. This would eliminate 90% of the government.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So why are conservatives either so dumb they vote for people who aren't conservative or so busy owning libs they don't have time to concern themselves with votes.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Dang!

The entire audience that laughed at the "shoot them," remark were plants?

I guess that means Trump isn't actually supported.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

What is this relevant to?

Funny how left wingers are quick to bring up fbi stats when it suits them

How about we focus on the fbi stats on which group commits all killings, or are you only concerne about certain victims?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join