It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media ignores El Paso shooters left wing rhetoric

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I don’t listen to rush

You can spin it all you want, it shows shows the lengths people will go to blame the right for everything

We know which party is saying we only have 12 years to save ourselves from climate change

Again, my take is that Dems aren’t responsible for nuts killing people because of that

But if the Dems are going to blame the right for their stance on immigration, they should be held to the same standard

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Did the guy who shot congressman gifford have politics play a role, or was he just nuts?

Cause he was blamed on the right wing by all the same people

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So you're just going to go ahead ahead and ignore the actual words of ecofascists who say that they identify with Nazism, not Communism?

These people are members of far Right extremist groups. They consider themselves to be on the far Right. Why do you want to ignore those facts so you can push this narrative that we can't identify this guy as a far Right extremist because he cares about the environment?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Loughner is a tough one. Obviously his schizophrenia was a big factor in what he did. But the question has to be asked whether politics played a role in his eventual choice of targets.

He was anti-government but he definitely had a specific vendetta against Giffords. Reading through his posts on here it's clear his personal philosophy was influenced by David Wynn Miller and the Sovereign citizen movement, which tends to be associated with the far Right.

At the end of the day Loughner probably wouldn't have killed anyone without his mental illness. But did the far Right conspiracy theories he subscribed to push him over the edge? I don't think anyone can say.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I try to get "news" from both sides, if nothing else but to work on not seeing what I want to see/hearing what I want to hear.
I've been trying really hard to not dismiss things that I don't agree with, or views from people that I don't agree with.
It's really easy to get caught up in echo chambers these days and automatically dismiss opposing viewpoints.

In order to understand yourself, you have to challenge your own ideas and evolve. It can be really hard politically, especially in the environment we find ourselves in now.
I feel it's very important to try, though.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

We know which party is saying we only have 12 years to save ourselves from climate change

Didn't you hear? We only have 18 months now!

Thread

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Because the group they claim to belong to is meaningless

Let’s say this El Paso shooter writes the same manifesto, but ends it saying btw I am a democrat

Does that change your take?

Does this mean Dems are now responsible?

No

In fact he says he dislikes republicans and Dems, and felt this way before trump

None of these groups should be held accountable for this extremist, or the Dayton one, etc, unless they are advocating violence

But if the Dems and media are going to blame trump and supporters because the rhetoric matched what he is saying, then they should also have to ask which parties rhetoric is mirrored when referencing climate change

That is the Dems

Again, I could post claims showing anti immigrants such as ceaser Chavez self identified as leftists, that doesn’t mean left wing democrats like Bernie are responsible. I fully admit the right and republicans are the party more focused on eliminating illegal immigration

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The same could be said of the Las Vegas shooter

We don’t know why he did what he did, but he specifically chose a seemingly right wing target, country music fans

This is why it’s so dumb to try to proscribe blame on a political party for these extremists

As long as parties condemn violence they should not be held accountable for some but who somewhat agree with them killing people

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: tanstaafl

We are speaking truth (assuming you meant 'radical' left), and the left is spewing lies.

Both sides are telling the truth (at times) ...

Ok, obviously what I said was part hyperbole - but not really that much...

The radical left lies 90% of the time (99.9% when Trump is involved).

Many- maybe even most - on the Right make every effort to always tell the truth, even when it doesn't fit their narrative. I know I do. I will happily admit when I'm wrong, and state so publicly.

Because both sides have got us to where we're at... I love my country, but there's a lot of things we should and need to improve.

Agreed 100% - but we'll probably differ on what needs to be fixed and how...

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

We are speaking truth (assuming you meant 'radical' left), and the left is spewing lies.

Both sides are telling the truth (at times) ...

Ok, obviously what I said was part hyperbole - but not really that much...

The radical left lies 90% of the time (99.9% when Trump is involved).

Many- maybe even most - on the Right make every effort to always tell the truth, even when it doesn't fit their narrative. I know I do. I will happily admit when I'm wrong, and state so publicly.

Because both sides have got us to where we're at... I love my country, but there's a lot of things we should and need to improve.

Agreed 100% - but we'll probably differ on what needs to be fixed and how...

Really because it seems like Republicans are far bigger liars.

They pretend to be conservative for instance but are responsible for government growth and debt as much as the liberals....

Bush inflated the government. Reagan sold arms to Iran to fund contras...

Now conservative people are different but its time to ask some questions of your reps. Like how they are inflating the budget more than obama did in his last 4 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The statistics show that there is more of a problem with right-wing extremist mass shooters than left-wing ones.

Which stats are those again? Oh, right, 'we can't show you our data'...

Also, CNN reported on the Ohio shooter’s left-wing views on the top of its web page yesterday.

Maybe... but for how long?

And how many mentions, much less discussions about it, on their cable feed?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

SO when the question is raised at a MAGA rally about what should be done with the caravan of people streaming over our border and one of those MAGA types yells out " Shoot em" and trump laughs and the crowd cheers who should we be blaming then huh good buddy? Who?

So... since this has never happened, and would never happen, I'm sure you'll quickly apologize for your radical, divisive inflammatory question... right?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Clearly we wont agree on this. Even though both scholars and ecofascists agree that ecofascism is a far Right ideology you're going to refuse to admit that this was another act of far Right terrorism.

At least you pretty much admit that the Republicans are happy watching the planet die so they can maximize the profits of their masters.
edit on 8/7/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Except it happened at a Trump rally in Florida in May.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Does a study published by the Trump administration count?

Source

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
He was a White right winger racist. Don Lemon was right when he said we need to watch out for white terrorist.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

So somehow this isn't divisive in your mind?

Or is it just time to buckle down and fight the enemy...white people?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The Truth hurts, but not as much as getting shot by racist.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No we won’t agree

I am glad you are happy to politicize mass shootings to attack republicans, even when the espouse democrat rhetoric

I’m sure you can’t to claim the next Antifa terrorist that attacks an ice facility as right wing as well

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theyy
a reply to: luthier

The Truth hurts, but not as much as getting shot by racist.

I see..well I guess memes and slogans are now substituting logic and thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join