It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media ignores El Paso shooters left wing rhetoric

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The statistics show that there is more of a problem with right-wing extremist mass shooters than left-wing ones. Also, CNN reported on the Ohio shooter’s left-wing views on the top of its web page yesterday.

First the fbi stats are irrelevant to the op

And I like how the same people quoting fbi stats on right wing terror will call me a racist if I post fbi stats on groups who commit murders most

Secondly cnn briefly posting about the Dayton shooter being a leftist is far outweighed by there smearing of trump and his supporters as responsible for El Paso

Has anyone at cnn judged their own rhetoric as responsible like they did with trump?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

SO when the question is raised at a MAGA rally about what should be done with the caravan of people streaming over our border and one of those MAGA types yells out " Shoot em" and trump laughs and the crowd cheers who should we be blaming then huh good buddy? Who?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes we know how the left is; no joking ever

It’s clear in the same clip trump says he would never have ice use weapons in the border

But you find his joke to blame for the shootings

Meanwhile Dems calling ice agents Nazis, and then a terrorists attacking them calling them Nazis is not worth condemning for the Dems

Or leftists saying to use violence on trump. Or calling all his supporters racist. Or saying his child should be caged with a rapist. Or saying republicans should be physically attacked to not show up in public? Or a dem President candidate saying they would punch trump.

And on and on

Nope none of that matters, only a joke by trump

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The FBI stats are not irrelevant to the OP, but nice try. I’m explaining why the media is focused on the right-wing attacks. Also, conservatives are doing more to promote violence against Hispanics than Democrats are doing to promote violence against conservative groups. I even watched a video of Trump participating in a joke about shooting illegal immigrants.

Democrats tend to push for gun control and dealing with problems through legislation and using the system as it was intended.

Trump implies he wants to deport people who disagree with him, and the right-wing media is pushing a fear-mongering agenda about migrants that often distorts reality.

The administration is blaming everything except guns for the violence, even video games, which have been scientifically studied and have no effect on violent tendencies.

Do you have specific examples of rhetoric that you think promotes violence from the left?
edit on 06pmTue, 06 Aug 2019 17:27:54 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That person was most likely a plant from The Resistance.

In other words, an agent provocateur sent in by
Hillary Clinton and her minions.

This is an all too familiar tactic, shameful as it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

No trump never said to deport the squad; it was them who suggested deporting their opponents

We saw just a few weeks ago a terrorists attack an ice facility using the exact same rhetoric as the squad and Dems

And none of them condemned it

If the media is so focused on fbi crime stats, why the silence about the shootings in Chicago last week, or most weeks

The fbi says those murders are way higher

It’s almsot like the media has an agenda to push

Which is why they cherry picked from the El Paso manifesto, and are almost silent of the Dayton shooter
edit on 6-8-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes we know how the left is; no joking ever

That's something I could never get past with the hippies. And by that I mean the actual hippies in the 60s, who could be considered mostly left-wing. For all their talk about flower power and "do your own thing," they had essentially no sense of humor, and as they got older they just got worse.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You know what made my life 100% better? I stopped watching cable news of any kind and I only read my local paper (we get national and international coverage where appropriate).

There is nothing good on TV my man. Elvis had the right idea.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I agree

But remember, the establishment left co trolls all of our cultural institutions of power

Academia, the main stream media, the entertainment industry, and increasingly Silicon Valley

Many moved away from tv to the internet, and now the same corporations and media are influencing the censoring of non establishment left opinions on there

And when all of this power is calling millions of people in this country racist or evil or causing mass shootings, you can bet there will be those that are influenced by it and act accordingly

That’s why it’s important to call it out

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I agree, provisionally. I just don't have it in me to fight the nonsense anymore. I am too busy trying to control my agoraphobia and night terrors. Maybe I'm just too old?

I do find it amazing that so many of the "face-people" in the industries you name are so wildly leftist when those companies are owned by shareholders or fairly conservative operators. Shareholders tend to be a fairly conservative bunch, in my experience (and rightly so).

It makes you wonder what's in it for the shareholders to hire and promote so many extreme lefties or righties (Sinclair media, Fox, etc). The only thing I can think of is there must be a LOT of money in making the zombos hate each other behind made up bs.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

You know what made my life 100% better? I stopped watching cable news of any kind and I only read my local paper (we get national and international coverage where appropriate).

There is nothing good on TV my man. Elvis had the right idea.

Oh, I never watch an actual newscast. I glance through the headlines on my Yahoo! homepage, and that's about all I need to know. And even then I'm frequently astounded by headlines that are specifically there to show people how Trump screwed up in some way, and I'm neither pro-Trump or anti-Trump! Okay, we get it. Trump is not a polished career politician and he screws up. Duh.

Yeah. I definitely have as sunnier disposition if I stay a good distance away from the "news." All it does is angry up the blood, and it does it on purpose.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That's the key, right? Making you angry without thinking is the agenda. The question is, "why?"

(The answer is control, BTW. We learned a long time ago that forcing one particular viewpoint on an entire population led to uprising against the ruling class. That is bad for business. These days, we build a wide variety of boxes for human minds. It's no trick to get most of them to pick one and defend it to the death. Which is perfect because most of the time, they are defending against someone else's box and leaving the true masters of reality out of it.)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

(The answer is control, BTW. We learned a long time ago that forcing one particular viewpoint on an entire population led to uprising against the ruling class. That is bad for business. These days, we build a wide variety of boxes for human minds. It's no trick to get most of them to pick one and defend it to the death. Which is perfect because most of the time, they are defending against someone else's box and leaving the true masters of reality out of it.)

I know what you mean. Everything is promoted like it's a football game. Us versus Them. Pick a side (usually having to do with your geographical location, as if that matters anymore), and root for your team! It makes no more sense for a person to root for a home team these days, since the players are from all over and very few if any are actually from the cities they represent, but people do it anyway.

Same thing with "red versus blue" states. Or cities versus rural areas. Or one particularly vague crippled ideology compared to another equally vague crippled ideology. You create conflict, you sell team jerseys and bumper stickers. It's all show business. If there's an actual problem, nobody just sits down and thinks, "Well, what's the best way to fix this and maybe keep it from happening again?" People on both "sides" just start finger-pointing and name-calling.

That's why I opt out. Maybe that's "their" ultimate goal, but somehow I don't think so. The goal seems to be to keep stirring the # pot. So tiring.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm still curious as to what sort of verification we have that he wrote the manifesto.

I mean, do the police have draft copies of it from his personal computer or his phone?

He drove 600ish miles to commit the act, so unless he uploaded it from a public computer copied from a thumb drive or web hosting service such as dropbox/google drive, he would have had to post it from his phone based on the timing of when the manifesto was posted and when the event took place.

Has any authority spokesperson verified that the shooter accessed 8chan from his phone (presuming he had one on him or in his vehicle) to post the manifesto prior to going on his rampage?

It seems to me that unless we have solid verification of the type I posted about above that he did indeed author the manifesto, all we have is supposition on that aspect of this whole thing.

And if all we have is supposition, then that seems like very shoddy police work to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don't get it either, and my reaction is similar to yours. I was raised in the city, out in California, but I loved living in Georgia when I worked for the phone company. My son was born there and he is awesome.

I like that I can't throw a rock without hitting a cool Mom and Pop restaurant, but I also love the incredible peace that comes with spending a day wandering up and down Hermosa Creek with my kids.

Hell if I know why anyone would choose to hate people just because they are from a different place or live a different lifestyle. I'm a lousy hunter or fisherman, but my son is perfect for both. I can play a little guitar, make a delicious taco and tear apart a coffee maker for parts to fix a radio. It takes at least 31 flavors to make a great ice cream shop. It takes just as many kinds of people to make the world keep spinning in the right direction, IMO.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It takes at least 31 flavors to make a great ice cream shop. It takes just as many kinds of people to make the world keep spinning in the right direction, IMO.

I guess some people got shoved on the playground and never got over it.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I’d like to know, where are the people in the middle?
Left blames right, right blames left.

Right tells the left what the left is thinking and wanting to do, left tells right what the right is thinking and wanting to do.

Are the normal people in the middle just hated by all?

How do Americans think of people from other countries that are the same political affiliation, but think totally different?

Left and right, or right and left, are two sides of the same coin. From an outsider, both are getting nuttier by the day...and American media pushes this division.

Trump cannot be blamed for people’s craziness anymore than Obama could be blamed. But the media is visibly pushing division....on both left and right.

I think the people in the middle are just trying to keep their head down, and stay safe.

As for the politicians and media..both are playing the game, and yes, both sides fully involved.

For the most part, I don't pay attention to what politicians or media are saying..neither represents me. I do like to hear what people on ATS think/say, I think it's a more true representation of the common man. And that is all I'm interested in hearing from. Even though I don't like a lot of what I hear lately.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Interestingly enough, the current owner of 8chan
denies that the El Paso shooter uploaded the manifesto.
He said in an interview that it was posted by another
person. This is very scary and dangerous to think that
this kind of posting, unverified can take on a life of it's own.
Even before it is verified, or investigated.

We can hope that someone will get the forensics on the
post, but I will not be holding my breath.

Lets hope the FBI is not in charge, like with the DNC server.
We might never know the truth....

edit on 6-8-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Democrats/Left have gone stone cold CRAZY! Jerry Nadler, Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, is now going after Supreme Court Justice BRETT KAVANAUGH....AGAIN!

Insanity: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here is the full manifesto.

Read it.

Make up your own mind.

Sounds pretty right wing to me though.

pulpitandpen.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join