It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media ignores El Paso shooters left wing rhetoric

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Dude he was motived by a right wing ideology its embarrassing watching you trying to pretend differently and it actually makes you part of the problem in my view. When you just pretend he is some crazed leftist then you fail to address the motivation behind what he done.

All am going to say on this thread because I have my own thread right now on an issue very similar to this.
Your thread is one sided and is not credible the least.

It omits information that is key to understanding the shooters motives and views.

You're personal opinions and assessment are false and follow a false set of reasonings based off that incomplete info.

In all likelyhood, your thread pushes liberal media propaganda.

Gambler is a respected member that puts out meaningful material with middle ground points of conversion that lead to meaningful conversations.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I’m so sick of the lefts cowardly and childish BS. I almost feel sorry for some of them but if they’re to stupid to not see the hypocrisy on their own and continue supporting these leftists idiots, then fcuk em. Nothing but a bunch of overgrown baby schoolgirls with their panties in a wad that don’t know their head from their ass. They have absolutely NO accountability whatsoever, all they do is point, blame and criticize because their to eff’n stupid to know how to fix the problem in the first place. Always playing the victim with their race cards and such. They can take their racism rhetoric and shove it up their...

I was wandering when I first read about the shootings, how the left was going to spin this to make it Trumps fault. Low and behold I didn’t have long to wait to find out. The pathetic party of brainwashed muppets strikes again.

Sorry for the rant ya’ll but I’m really sick of the left and all their blame game hypocritical bull chit.

Spoken like a true tribalist. Conversely the other 50 percent feel the same and henceforth why society can't compromise and falls apart.

For God sakes folks this isn't Israel in Palestine. This isnt even Vietnam...its political bs

FFS spare me your eff’n BS drivel. Like I said, you’ll have no accountability. This isn’t rocket science, stop trying to make it so. Your hypocrisy is off the charts, own it for once.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Dude the media is disgusting period. Once you figure that out you may have an easier time taking a little on the chin so you can have real discussions.

When a US prosecutor and the DoJ say its being investigated as a hate crime it usually means it's just being wrapped up for court.

Notice they don't say it when there is confusing evidence?

The only info we have is the government saying they are investigating it for a hate crime.

Crying about what celebrity liars say is pretty much what keeps them rich.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I’m so sick of the lefts cowardly and childish BS. I almost feel sorry for some of them but if they’re to stupid to not see the hypocrisy on their own and continue supporting these leftists idiots, then fcuk em. Nothing but a bunch of overgrown baby schoolgirls with their panties in a wad that don’t know their head from their ass. They have absolutely NO accountability whatsoever, all they do is point, blame and criticize because their to eff’n stupid to know how to fix the problem in the first place. Always playing the victim with their race cards and such. They can take their racism rhetoric and shove it up their...

I was wandering when I first read about the shootings, how the left was going to spin this to make it Trumps fault. Low and behold I didn’t have long to wait to find out. The pathetic party of brainwashed muppets strikes again.

Sorry for the rant ya’ll but I’m really sick of the left and all their blame game hypocritical bull chit.

Spoken like a true tribalist. Conversely the other 50 percent feel the same and henceforth why society can't compromise and falls apart.

For God sakes folks this isn't Israel in Palestine. This isnt even Vietnam...its political bs

FFS spare me your eff’n BS drivel. Like I said, you’ll have no accountability. This isn’t rocket science, stop trying to make it so. Your hypocrisy is off the charts, own it for once.

Maybe if you could connect words together better i would understand you.

It seems like that tribe bad my tribe good.

I don't give a crap about your tribe. My individual rights are my concern.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I'm of the mind that none of what is said in a spree-shooters "manifesto" represents either right or left wing belief systems or politics. These are the rantings of a scumbag murderer and the agenda is to get famous for what they've done.

Let the cops and FBI investigate it, but keep it out of the mainstream media. Call them what they are: killers, murderers and scumbags. Refrain from using their name or identify them in any way. Resist the urge to compare one event to another, or one killer to another. Suck most of the air out of their fame bubble. Keep them as nameless as possible.

No, I don't mean censorship. I'm talking about burying these fame-seeking and fame-generating "details" from mainstream TV, print and internet media below surface level, or at the very least, make it difficult or impossible to copy a link to those details, or cut and paste them into social media websites.

These @#!% deserve to be studied by the few and forgotten by everyone else, IMO.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I'm sure if everyone was right wing in this country we'd live in a utopia, lol.

Everyone looking for a group or person to blame... What's the difference between you blaming everything on the left, and the left blaming everything on Trump and his supporters?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Everyone looking for a group or person to blame... What's the difference between you blaming everything on the left, and the left blaming everything on Trump and his supporters?

If you replace the hot button words even the people making the comments would see as clearly as math how it sums out.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Guess you aren't going to just look at the facts then...

Who did he specifically go to kill?
What were the reasons for killing those people?
Where does that hatred come from?
Why does this keep happening?

That's all you need to ask. I get that you don't like the answers, for partisan reasons. I attached no R and D. They both care little for the citizenry and are long since bought/sold.
But go on with your painfully partisan misdirect.
There is little else to say.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I have admitted he seems to be a white supremacist. I and most other prominent Republicans condemn that

There is no evidence trump or those concerned with illegal immigration are responsible for this, and those trying to claim that are partisan hacks

If we believe his words, he had a lot of motivations for killing people

For you to ignore the reasons you find inconvenient to push a narrative against trump or the right proves your partisanship

edit on 6-8-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Responsible no...but the type of demogueury doesn't help. Seeing 12 year old mentalities like Omar and trump fight it out on Twitter and the media (which they both condemn but make sure their make up is on while doing it)
Certainly does not unify.
edit on 6-8-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You want to know the difference? I don’t blame everything on the left, that’s the difference. I’m not a Republican, I hated Bush, I voted for Obama his first term, hell my grandfather was a Democratic Senator, I don’t politically align with the left or right, but I will call a spade a spade.
Please don’t label me if you don’t know me. I’m just calling it how I see it and and at this current point in time the Democratic Party is a pathetic joke full of hate and hypocrites that I want nothing to do with.

edit on 6-8-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There is no evidence trump or those concerned with illegal immigration are responsible for this, and those trying to claim that are partisan hacks

The media is doing their predictable thing, and talk radio their's.

You're mad about this being politicized while bringing up his left leaning traits... And I get that is just to demonstrate a point.

But if you bounce around the threads, there are just as many people taking full advantage of the Dayton killer's alleged leanings... And at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter how many shooters are white, black or claim to be muslim, christian, democrat or republican.... The tally's don't matter and at the end of the day no one wins. Bother ideological sides are pointing their fingers at each other while the truth of the matter is our society has a problem.

I understand the point you're trying to prove, the left have some people trying to exploit this, well the right is doing the same thing. we all just need to stop.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Fair enough.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think that the El Paso shooter took what he wanted from the both far left and far right ideologies to make his Manifestos. I do not think he is right or left leaning, he created his own reality based on chaos and extremism. Blame both sides extremists for fueling his delusion.

This country is turning chaotic, people are being conditioned to believe we have to choose a side. This guy chose the extremist side, not the normal easy going side.

We need to stop the bickering and the forcing of others to side with us or be against us, that is not civility.

The loose cannons see all this extremism as a way to go, others to relate to if they go way left or right. The whole "Far" is bad, we need to start to stick together and fix things in our country, not tear our society apart with radical politics.

Both the far left and far right are not acceptable. We need to stick together as a nation, all of our citizens, no matter what color are Americans, we need to focus on what we have in common, not what we differ in. People have always tried to stir up society, the more they rile it up, the more arguing there is. Everyone is created equal, it is what attitude we pick up after that makes some Criminals. In the case of our country, we are citizens of the country, we pay taxes, share responsibilities of society, and so on. Now illegals sneaking in are not the same, but people trying to come here legally deserve the same rights we have after they complete their commitments to be citizens. My biggest problem with immigration is that it costs the person so much in legal fees, an honest hard working person lives in poverty because of legal costs. We need to fix that, and build the wall, lots of bad people sneak into this country and also a lot of bad people improperly benefit from hauling people to the border, the Coyotes is one of these groups, but there are others that do the same thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Gotta trow this in the ring, Police in El Paso said initially "gang related" and btw things are going in Mexico the shooting does fit the criminal gangs extortion plot...

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No doubt it happens on not sides

But let’s be honest, the prevailing narrative is overwhelmingly for the establishment left, and is smearing trump and his supporters

I don’t focus so much in anonymous internet people as much as prominent people with power, and they are overwhelmingly politicizing this against trump and supporters and the right

That’s why I bring up the left wing points in the manifesto

If you watch my video before the one on this op, I talk about my disgust with both sides trying to politicize these events

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Excellent point rickymouse...

The thing I've noticed the past few decades is terrorist use violence to incite unrest, and most of the population plays right into their hands.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Well people vote with their dollars and listening/watching to support ad revenue.

I read a few articles and listened to a bit of talk radio, both sides are guilty right now IMO. I don't think either side owns the blame. It's a deeply rooted society problem. We have to many outcasts willing to lash out.

I think we should all work on trimming back divisive rhetoric and furthering divides.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The Christchurch shooters manifesto basically admitted to trolling the far right and left into fighting each other

This guy is likely doing the same

That doesn’t mean they weren’t racist

But I think it’s like that scene in Batman

Some people just want to see the world burn

And these two were both right in knowing people were j both sides would cherry pick their manifesto to attack political opponents

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Excellent point rickymouse...

The thing I've noticed the past few decades is terrorist use violence to incite unrest, and most of the population plays right into their hands.

You got that right. We do not need foreign terrorists to do this, I have known at least a dozen people in my life who loved stimulating civil unrest. They twisted any issue they could to make the other side look bad. This was happening with some Unions, I saw people stirring up all kinds of crap in the past to get employees to go against the businesses, some of these instigators did not even work in that place, they traveled around to cause conflict. These kind of people organize riots too, then sit on the side lines watching all the chaos erupt, they protect themselves from getting caught.

People are dumb enough to fall for this kind of mob mindset created by one individual.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join