It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media ignores El Paso shooters left wing rhetoric

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I find the politicizing of mass shootings to be despicable no matter what side does it

The truth is all political parties, ideologies, and politicians will have people that follow them that are extremist

As long as these groups don’t cheer for violence or defend it, we should not blame them for the crazies that may agree with them in some policies

But in our country, where the cultural institutions of power are dominated by the establishment left, we see this is exactly what is happening

Not only is trump and Fox News being blamed, but many prominent left wing people are calling all trump supporters responsible for the mass shooting or racist

The irony is these same people who blame trumps “rhetoric” in being worried about the real problem of illegal immigration use rhetoric far more likely to incite violence; calling all those who support trump Nazis or racist

The fact they think their rhetoric is ok but trumps isn’t proves their hypocrisy. This also explains how they are able to write off the Dayton shooters politics, an Antifa defending left wing warren supporter

I said during the attack in the ice facility by an Antifa terrorist that as long as the media and left co weed for Antifa more attacks would come from their supporters

In that incident and the Dayton shooting, I didn’t see one prominent democrat politician condemn Antifa or the rhetoric of ice being Nazis. In fact, those most responsible yhe mainstreaming of this rhetoric, Aoc and Omar were asked point blank and refused to condemn it. (Compared this to almost every prominent republican condemning the El Paso shooter and white supremacy)

And of course, the same media that wants to blame trump for anything didn’t hold these democrats to the same standard they hold trump to

But fine, let’s leave out the Dayton attacker and only focus on the El Paso shooter

Much like the Christ church shooter, people want to look at his manifesto and use it to cast shade at their political opponents

And so it is now the mainstream narrative that this attack was about white supremacy

Now leaving out a very nuanced discussion of if this means right wing, I will say that this narrative is correct if we are to believe his manifesto; he was a racist killing minorities

What I find convenient is that the very people who want to focus on this manifesto and use it to attack trump or the right as having blame conveniently leave out all parts of the manifesto that espouses left wing rhetoric and believes

For example, the manifesto is named after a play on al hired an inconvenient truth

It like the Christchurch manifesto talks about climate change and how it will wipe us all out and the need to do something about it

Now where have we heard that rhetoric?

That’s right, almost every mainstream democrat

So why was this part of both this and the Christchurch manifesto left out of the official narrative? Why focus on only some of these killers words?

Well it’s obvious. Those on the left using this to smear the right are not only disgusting, they are hypocrites who want to judge their opponents rhetoric while ignoring the impact of their own

Do I think we should blame all environmentalists for these shootings? Of course not!

But it is ironic that many of the people blaming the shooting on trump or his supporters for being concerned about illegal immigration and border security and labeling them all racist are the ones using the most hyperbolic climate change rhetoric that apparently influenced the El Paso and Christchurch shooters

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Of course they do.
Both sides only report and push what they want to, because they know that most of us don't look at both sides from different outlets. And they're right.
They cause (in part) and profit from dividing people.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What does the FBI and law enforcement say?

Who cares about the spin.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I don’t know, what have they said about this incident?

Not much yet

That hasn’t stopped the blaming of trump and his supporters

Meanwhile, any word from the fbi about the motive of the Las Vegas shooter?

Or are they too busy trying to frame trump as a Russian spy and spying on him and his team to get around to that shooting, the worst one in the history of the USA?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
90% of the media is owned by democrats. There is no way they are adult enough to incriminate themselves. This is also why they do not talk about the shootings that occur every hour in big cities of America. Democrats run most of the big cities.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I’d like to know, where are the people in the middle?
Left blames right, right blames left.

Right tells the left what the left is thinking and wanting to do, left tells right what the right is thinking and wanting to do.

Are the normal people in the middle just hated by all?

How do Americans think of people from other countries that are the same political affiliation, but think totally different?

Left and right, or right and left, are two sides of the same coin. From an outsider, both are getting nuttier by the day...and American media pushes this division.

Trump cannot be blamed for people’s craziness anymore than Obama could be blamed. But the media is visibly pushing division....on both left and right.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The El Paso mass murderer had his biography changed from Democrat to Republican online, immediately after the shooting.

mobile.twitter.com...

Who could have done this? Don't you have to have a password to access your web page?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: luthier

I don’t know, what have they said about this incident?

Not much yet

That hasn’t stopped the blaming of trump and his supporters

Meanwhile, any word from the fbi about the motive of the Las Vegas shooter?

Or are they too busy trying to frame trump as a Russian spy and spying on him and his team to get around to that shooting, the worst one in the history of the USA?

U.S. attorney for the Western District of Texas, John Bash, said his prosecutors were investigating Crusius "with a view towards bringing federal hate crime charges ... and federal firearms charges which carry a penalty of death."

I mean who cares what party he was for nuts exist everywhere. The motive seems to be clear hear unlike Gilroy, Dayton, or Vegas is all I am saying.

Is a trump racist? I have no idea. I do know he like Omar, Talib, etc have no problem using race as a tactic in the media through demagoguery.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Dude he was motived by a right wing ideology its embarrassing watching you trying to pretend differently and it actually makes you part of the problem in my view. When you just pretend he is some crazed leftist then you fail to address the motivation behind what he done.

All am going to say on this thread because I have my own thread right now on an issue very similar to this.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

There are many problems with this

1. It says they are investor, meaning they haven’t reached a conclusion. So why act as if they have?

2. Just like Christchurch, there could be multiple motivations. Perhaps he was a racist who wanted to kill Hispanics to help the environment. Investigating as a hate crime does not mean their weren’t other reasons for the shooting

3. After the Las Vegas debacle, I don’t trust the fbi until I see evidence from them

Right now our publicly available evidence for motive is this manifesto. We either trust all of it or none of it

The Dems and media selectively looking at it proves they are politicizing this shooting and are disgusting hypocrites

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

MyLife is not a social media site. They are an information brokerage.

+39 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Dude he was motived by a right wing ideology its embarrassing watching you trying to pretend differently and it actually makes you part of the problem in my view. When you just pretend he is some crazed leftist then you fail to address the motivation behind what he done.

All am going to say on this thread because I have my own thread right now on an issue very similar to this.

Your willingness to cherry pick from the manifesto and use it to attack political opponents is disgusting, but predictable for you given your past hypocrisies

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The point is the media CONTINUES TO LIE TO US ABOUT EVERYTHING. Why are you not upset about this???

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Probably because he specifically went there to kill Mexicans/Mexican Americans. He didn't case and hunt down CEOs, logging truckers, climate change deniers etc.

I know you know the answer to this and you know where the vitriol towards Mexico and other races/nations comes from... and being purposefully obtuse is merely blatant partisan muddying & misdirecting.

Take the R and D away and try to look again.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

There are many problems with this

1. It says they are investor, meaning they haven’t reached a conclusion. So why act as if they have?

2. Just like Christchurch, there could be multiple motivations. Perhaps he was a racist who wanted to kill Hispanics to help the environment. Investigating as a hate crime does not mean their weren’t other reasons for the shooting

3. After the Las Vegas debacle, I don’t trust the fbi until I see evidence from them

Right now our publicly available evidence for motive is this manifesto. We either trust all of it or none of it

The Dems and media selectively looking at it proves they are politicizing this shooting and are disgusting hypocrites

Wow you don't really understand this at all. What appears to be going on is that you think the media narratives whether trump did it or this guy was a liberal is the truth( having nothing to do with the evidence we have)

The evidence we have from authorities is it being investigated as a hate crime. That is the only evidence. Everything else is data the media is using for their narratives.

He could have many motives. However targeting people for ethnic reasons has a law. If he fits that he fits it. Doesn't matter if he was a liberal white supremacist.
edit on 6-8-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I’m so sick of the lefts cowardly and childish BS. I almost feel sorry for some of them but if they’re to stupid to not see the hypocrisy on their own and continue supporting these leftists idiots, then fcuk em. Nothing but a bunch of overgrown baby schoolgirls with their panties in a wad that don’t know their head from their ass. They have absolutely NO accountability whatsoever, all they do is point, blame and criticize because their to eff’n stupid to know how to fix the problem in the first place. Always playing the victim with their race cards and such. They can take their racism rhetoric and shove it up their...

I was wandering when I first read about the shootings, how the left was going to spin this to make it Trumps fault. Low and behold I didn’t have long to wait to find out. The pathetic party of brainwashed muppets strikes again.

Sorry for the rant ya’ll but I’m really sick of the left and all their blame game hypocritical bull chit.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
90% of the media is owned by democrats.

I thought most of the media was publicly traded corporations.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Did you read a confession about am unaware of?

I read his manifesto; he gives both left wing and right wing reasons for his actions

Just like the Christchurch shooter, who admitted he chose his targets to encourage gun control and fighting between the left and the right

Take the r and d away and stop misdirecting to politicize this event to attack those you disagree with

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I’m so sick of the lefts cowardly and childish BS. I almost feel sorry for some of them but if they’re to stupid to not see the hypocrisy on their own and continue supporting these leftists idiots, then fcuk em. Nothing but a bunch of overgrown baby schoolgirls with their panties in a wad that don’t know their head from their ass. They have absolutely NO accountability whatsoever, all they do is point, blame and criticize because their to eff’n stupid to know how to fix the problem in the first place. Always playing the victim with their race cards and such. They can take their racism rhetoric and shove it up their...

I was wandering when I first read about the shootings, how the left was going to spin this to make it Trumps fault. Low and behold I didn’t have long to wait to find out. The pathetic party of brainwashed muppets strikes again.

Sorry for the rant ya’ll but I’m really sick of the left and all their blame game hypocritical bull chit.

Spoken like a true tribalist. Conversely the other 50 percent feel the same and henceforth why society can't compromise and falls apart.

For God sakes folks this isn't Israel in Palestine. This isnt even Vietnam...its political bs

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Who said it does?

I pointed out the hypocrisy and disgusting actions of the media and Dems to blame trump and his supporters

You say forget that, what has the fbi said

Well according to your own posts, the fbi is merely investigating and reached no conclusions

Yet you act as if they have because it’s being investigated as a hate crime

I point out it could be motivated as a hate crime and other factors

Nothing you say disproves that

Meanwhile, the point of the op that s that without the fbi reaching any conclusions, much of the media and the Dems are blaming trump and his supporters based on the manifesto, while ignoring the left wing points in it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join