It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence and Right-Wing politics.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It doesn't matter what side it is, the problem is rhetoric. Turn on any US news channel and they're all the same, drumming people up whilst boxing their mind. It's to make them feel fear and hate.

We see it in our own tabloids.

It's not just that though, there's plenty of sites on the web where people can share extremist thoughts and views. Throw in a few mentally deficient people in that mix and you've got a recipe for disaster.

I've said for years that extremism is infectious right here on ATS, most mass killings and terrorist attacks in the west have been committed by delusional and/or mentally challenged people, people who have been touched by extremist views.

Yet you'll have people in this thread talking whataboutisms, unwilling to admit extremism on their side whilst openly condemning extremism on the "enemies" side. They're all missing the elephant in the room.

And nobody asks why these people are extreme, nobody.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: dfnj2015

I can't discuss that post. According to the moderator that removed that post, I have a serious manners problem for calling out the cold hard truth.

Contrary to your right wing delusions, your political opinions are not "truth". Opinions are not facts. Sorry I have to point this out to you.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

One had an agenda.
The other was pissed at his sister and her boyfriend.
Not exactly the same things.

Why is the right trying to make Dayton political when it was not?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Violent nutbag extremists belong in their own political category. It really doesn't matter if they lean toward conservatism or liberalism- mentally ill zealots are going to go to extremes no matter which side they appear to be on.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, people who espouse or act in violence are only on their own side and are acting out their own mental deficiencies.

I am sick of people blaming murderous behavior on whichever political side the perpetrators lean toward when the blame lies in their own heads!

link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Do you think rhetoric leads to violence is the question. We know advertising works. Advertising changes behavior. It is against the law to yell out "fire" in a theater because it can lead to people being trampled to death. So where do we draw the line? If someone uses rhetoric in such a posture or way that gives people the idea violence against a group of people is okay then what do we conclude?

edit on 6-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And your point? There have been much dumber things said from people of much higher prominence.

I have something called my own brain.

So you're telling me that I'm supposed to feel threatened by some tiny fringe group of society that I've personally never encountered, seen, or even heard from?

I can name 10 things from the top of my head that are a MUCH bigger threat to not only America, but humanity as a whole.

edit on 6-8-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Boadicea

One had an agenda.
The other was pissed at his sister and her boyfriend.
Not exactly the same things.

Why is the right trying to make Dayton political when it was not?

The Dayton guy liked some tweet about Antifa so obviously he's a member.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

I saw the teleprompter trump read that.
The real trump didnt say that.
Rally trump laughed when someone said shoot the mexican invaders.
He laughed.
So teleprompter trump and rally trump are two different people.

link   

Contrary to your left-wing fantasies, your political opinions have no bearing on my political opinions.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yes it does seem to be heavily influenced by the Christchurch manifesto

To me that one seems to be a troll, designed to put in enough varied reasons for the shooting to give both the left and the right reasons to blame each other for the shooting.

Heck it pretty much admitted as much

So nice to see you and so many others play right into the Christchurch shooters hands, and probably the El Paso shooters by proxy, by selectively looking at only pieces of the manifestos to blame your political opponents, much has he predicted people like you would do

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Right. I got that because this entire thread is a deflection from the OP and trying to balance some emotional scale or something.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You see a link between the political far right and violence. I see a link between the Main Stream Media and violence.

Every day, almost every hour of the day, I see the MSM telling us who we should hate. We should hate Trump. We should hate Trump supporters. We should hate nationalists, who don't support in globalism at the expense of their own country. We should hate supporters of the Constitution. We should hate white people who don't vote for Democrats. We should especially hate white people who are nationalists. There is a racist behind every rock, so we should probably hate rocks.

The MSM did its level best to give Hillary Clinton the Presidency. While the MSM hates Trump for foiling their attempts, I think they hate the people who voted for Trump even more because those voters didn't do as the MSM told them. When Trump correctly called them fake news, their hate kicked into overdrive.

The MSM wants us to hate Venezuela so we will invade. They want us to hate Iran so we will invade. They want us to hate North Korea so we will invade.

The MSM is the biggest pusher of hate, violence, and racism in the US. Maybe if if the MSM tones down their racist hatred, we might see a decline in violence.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Do you acknowledge that the El-Paso shooter was motived by a far-right ideology?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBen

That's undeniable.

LOL actually its quite deniable. THe numbers for border crossings is down. Way down from what it used to be.

Rut Roh...

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Were those the words used or your choice for their ideas?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you acknowledge that the El-Paso shooter was motived by a far-right ideology?

I’m not going to get into a nuanced discussion of what left and right wing means, so I’ll just default to the way it is normally used

So...

If we are to believe his manifesto, yes no doubt he was influenced by far right ideology

He was also influenced by far left ideology

So why have you and the media and Dems focused only on the right?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That totally depends on the receiver.

There's so many factors and possibilities but to give a short answer, yes. Rhetoric does lead to violence. Either way the chances are the perpetrator will go to jail even if he/she can prove diminished responsibility.

Western nations already have hate crime laws, protected characteristics etc. Would you suggest a restructuring of such laws?

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Numerous law enforcement agencies have identified Right Wing extremism as the greatest threat in this country.

It has been know for long time the fastest way to political power is to scapegoat another group of people for the all the problems of the rank and file.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Right. I got that because this entire thread is a deflection from the OP and trying to balance some emotional scale or something.

The premise of the op is ignoring parts of the shooters manifesto that can be linked to the left, in order to blame the right

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

When did the environment become far right ideology?

I mean there are parts that can read into racist stuff, but honestly, both left and right place the racist game these days. As much as the left likes to pretend that their social justice stuff isn't racial, it very much is and depends heavily on the premise that some races are more deserving than others which is really just a hop, skip and jump away from actual racism by definition.
edit on 6-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join