It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence and Right-Wing politics.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: DBCowboy

What do you think should be done for those who have a conservative ideology?

Nothing, i am talking about when things are taken to the extreme of the political right.

Do you think that the extreme left and the extreme right should be treated differently?

Obviously, or else you would have included the extreme left in your OP.

Why do you think they should be treated differently?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you think that the extreme left and the extreme right should be treated differently?

I think they need to be treated differently is so much as you need to account for their differing ideology but I do not think they should be treated differently in regards to the punishment they receive. I think there is an opportunity to learn from how online radicalisation of islamic extremists was countered and that can be adapted to focus on other ideologies that promote violence.

(post by FieldMarshalMatt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Why did you leave out the El Paso shooters left wing views, such as his views on the need to eliminate people to solve climate change?

I honestly don't see climate change as a left/right issue but rather as an issue of importance that transcends all political ideology. You can be hard right and still acknowledge climate change.

Should we view people worried about climate change (usually a left wing position) as leading to mass shootings as well?

Eco-terrorism is already a thing and I think as man made climate change becomes a bigger issue so to will the threat from eco-terrorists so yeah I think its something we need to be worried about but right now I think that the threat of terrorsim form the far right is larger.
Why is that you seem to think the "far right" is any more violent than the "far left". Throughout history the people on the extreme end of any political ideology are the ones that act out in violence. Usually the people labeled "far" anything are the crazy ones. Any time your views become so isolated to one side you begin to come off the rails. Very few things in life are black and white.

And while we are at it. The lefts view of abortion has killed more innocent potential humans than all of the mass murderers.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You should know better than to blame the far Right for everything. Even when the Trump administration publishes a study that finds far Right extremists are responsible for most terror attacks in this country, ATS calls it a lie. Even when numerous law enforcement agencies state that far Right extremism is the biggest threat in this country, they're just libtards.

But of anyone connected to Antifa does anything remotely wrong you better get out the tissues and Vaseline because it's time to talk about how they're the worst terrorist organization in history. And if you disagree you should be strung up for treason.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Convenient of you.

It's a political issue because the proposed solutions are all purely political ones involving massive government control making it an issue favored of left wing politics.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Why is that you seem to think the "far right" is any more violent than the "far left".

I think like all groups they have the same capacity for violence, it just so happens that in recent years violence on the right has been more prominent, that is not to say that the left have been entirely innocent, I acknowledge that there have been left-wing acts of violence however I believe that there have been more from the right that have resulted in more deaths.

The lefts view of abortion has killed more innocent potential humans than all of the mass murderers.

Would it shock you to learn that this "liberal leftist" is anti-abortion?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Perhaps you could point out the far right terror group in the usa to blame?
I will wait.....

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You should know better than to blame the far Right for everything. Even when the Trump administration publishes a study that finds far Right extremists are responsible for most terror attacks in this country, ATS calls it a lie. Even when numerous law enforcement agencies state that far Right extremism is the biggest threat in this country, they're just libtards.

But of anyone connected to Antifa does anything remotely wrong you better get out the tissues and Vaseline because it's time to talk about how they're the worst terrorist organization in history. And if you disagree you should be strung up for treason.

Don't you just find it amazing though how much these views change with the political tinted spectacles on.

The thread I have written is very similar to writing a thread highlighting that moderate members of the islamic community need to acknowledge the rotten apples in their group.

Yet change the group, make it about them and look how different the responses become.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Prominence in anything is a function of the press. They decide what is news worthy of your attention. So ask yourself -- is it that there is no left wing violence or is it that anything remotely related to right wing terrorism brings far more reportage?

I was in line to be part of the press in this country, I know how this works. Not even remotely everything that could be considered newsworthy is reported in the news, just what editors decide is newsworthy. Judging my your thread authorship, were you an editor, I know what stories you would decide are worth reporting on.

(post by jhn7537 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: MRinder

Why is that you seem to think the "far right" is any more violent than the "far left".

I think like all groups they have the same capacity for violence, it just so happens that in recent years violence on the right has been more prominent, that is not to say that the left have been entirely innocent, I acknowledge that there have been left-wing acts of violence however I believe that there have been more from the right that have resulted in more deaths.

The lefts view of abortion has killed more innocent potential humans than all of the mass murderers.

Would it shock you to learn that this "liberal leftist" is anti-abortion?
Maybe the far right nut jobs have better aim or are better planners. Who knows.

I am glad to hear you are anti-abortion, but you do need to accept that the left has created a system where the government supports the murder of innocent potential humans and that is almost entirely the responsibility of the left side of the spectrum.

link   

So what should it be called when tens of thousands of people are illegally coming into the country? A mass illegal migration?

Why should the right have to change the definition of words, while the left is allowed to call anyone who disagrees with them "nazis" and literally encourage violence on them?

link   
"In the aftermath of these attacks the conversation always seems to be about mental health something which I personally disagree with. While I do acknowledge that mental health could be a factor, I believe that what’s more of a factor is the ideology that pushes someone to pull the trigger." I disagree and think its the opposite.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Not sure how anyone here hasn't acknowledged the rotten apples in the right wing. What we're asking is where *you're* acknowledgment of the rotten apples on the left is.

Most of us are saying it's a problem every side has which seems to me to be an admission our "side" has those apples too.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

8chan has now been connected to three mass shootings this year. Atomwaffen has been responsible for numerous deaths since 2017 and had plans to blow up a nuclear power plant. There's also the fact that the disparate white supremacist organizations have recently made a push to unite on a single social media platform. I wonder if any of these recent far Right extremists were members.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not sure how anyone here hasn't acknowledged the rotten apples in the right wing. What we're asking is where *you're* acknowledgment of the rotten apples on the left is.

Its right in the OP, I acknowledge the Dayton shooter as an example I have said over and over again that I agree that the left has also committed acts of violence. This thread however is exploring the nature of the violence on the right.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Funny why nobody i askin how this fool got a gun with a fake ID. Howabout we start there instead of starting a holy war. And peeps knew this turd had a screw loose but said nuthin. Lolk at that granny that got her grandson to turn himself in....no that lady is a hero and should be a role.model.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

8chan has now been connected to three mass shootings this year. Atomwaffen has been responsible for numerous deaths since 2017 and had plans to blow up a nuclear power plant. There's also the fact that the disparate white supremacist organizations have recently made a push to unite on a single social media platform. I wonder if any of these recent far Right extremists were members.

Those are really interesting points you make, I actually missed the thread you linked to so I will give it a read.

I do not think it is unreasonable to predict that it is possible that we do eventually see one of these groups launch some kind of co-ordinated attack.

(post by Middleoftheroad removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join