It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, this is odd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I happened to notice this while looking through the obits:

www.messenger-inquirer.com...

Look at the obit for Doris Lee Rolley. It's been 2 days and no change.

"

Some of the most recent deadly U.S. mass shootings A list of some of the deadliest mass shootings in the United States in the last two years: • Aug. 4, 2019: A gunman wearing body armor shot and killed nine people at a popular nightlife area in Dayton, Ohio. Police were patrolling the area and killed the suspect. • Aug. 3, 2019: A gunman opened fire at a shopping center in El Paso, Texas, killing 20 people and injuring more than two dozen. A suspect was taken into custody. • May 31, 2019: Longtime city worker DeWayne Craddock opened fire in a building that houses Virginia Beach government offices. He killed 12 people and wounded several others before he was gunned down by police. •

Just seems weird. This area is a not a politically charged area, so someone using a obit to make a statement about gun killings is odd.
edit on R552019-08-06T06:55:29-05:00k558Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Aug 6 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Trimmed massive quote

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

What has her obit to do with anything? I just looked, there is nothing there in regards to any shooting. Says she died at home.

I am missing something??

Doris Lee Rolley

Aug 5, 2019

GRAHAM -- Doris Lee Rolley 77, of Graham, died Aug. 3, 2019, at her residence. She was a med tech at Poplar Grove Nursing Home she was a member of Bards Hill General Baptist Church.

Survivors include her sons, Alan Lynn Rolley, and Dennis Lee Rolley; daughters Benita Cobb, and Rebecca Vandiver; and brother, Mike Williams.

Service: 1 p.m. Tuesday, August 6 at Tucker Funeral Home, Central City. Burial: Vernal Grove Cemetery, Greenville. Visitation: 5 p.m. Monday, August 5 at Tucker Funeral Home in Central City.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

What has her obit to do with anything? I just looked, there is nothing there in regards to any shooting. Says she died at home.

I am missing something??

Doris Lee Rolley

Aug 5, 2019

GRAHAM -- Doris Lee Rolley 77, of Graham, died Aug. 3, 2019, at her residence. She was a med tech at Poplar Grove Nursing Home she was a member of Bards Hill General Baptist Church.

Survivors include her sons, Alan Lynn Rolley, and Dennis Lee Rolley; daughters Benita Cobb, and Rebecca Vandiver; and brother, Mike Williams.

Service: 1 p.m. Tuesday, August 6 at Tucker Funeral Home, Central City. Burial: Vernal Grove Cemetery, Greenville. Visitation: 5 p.m. Monday, August 5 at Tucker Funeral Home in Central City.

Now it has been edited.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

I am missing something??

Doris Lee Rolley

Aug 5, 2019

Now it has been edited.

Ahh.. I tried the wayback machine but they don't archive that site, or hadn't yet.. I thought it might have been edited..

So that is what it said prior, the quote in your OP? Curious blurb to have, hopefully just a borked database entry..

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

I am missing something??

Doris Lee Rolley

Aug 5, 2019

Now it has been edited.

Ahh.. I tried the wayback machine but they don't archive that site, or hadn't yet.. I thought it might have been edited..

So that is what it said prior, the quote in your OP? Curious blurb to have, hopefully just a borked database entry..

I suspect the same....don't subscribe to the paper but it may have been meant for an article about mass shooting and mistakenly got pasted into the poor woman's obit.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So.... what is weird to me is that I live just 60 miles from this incident, and I had NO IDEA that it had happened at all. Just literally asked my wife, and all 5 neighboring houses- no idea either. As a staunch 2nd amendment advocate, I track all of these types of conflicts in order to remain educated and track trends.
Was this a localized Mandela effect or something? Beats the heck out of my recent Rip Torn thoughts if true.

new topics

top topics

join