It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese reacts to tariffs and the DOW plunges 1000 points

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
China has an edge on the US because it is not a democracy and can tell its people to just wait it out.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I don't care about any one sector, I care about America as a whole. Are you saying it's better the farmers make a little more even if America's economy is destroyed?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Highest wage growth in US history, DOW is highest it's ever been and has almost doubled under Trump.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My sources in China tell me that China is manipulating our Stock Market to make America nervous.

The Chinese agents behind this?

Wi Bai Lo and Yu Noh Bai.

I'm sure you have the inside scoop....

I'm sure you've "entertained" many a chinese businessman.....

When I was a Chinese stripper, I went by the name. . . .

Wai Yu Noh Pai Mi.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I stopped at the first line of the op

Pathetic

Try not watching cNn

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

So the stock market is a good way of measuring the health of the economy? I see the left flip flopping depending on how it's going.

Beyond that, long term is more important than the short term.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Stop acting like you care.

Question. If Trump's plan is the best for long term economic security, but will have a short term detrimental effect, is it worth it?

Tariffs are not a plan. There is a reason we have trade policies with limited tariffs: tariffs inhibit trade and drive costs to consumers.

Maybe ask the people who can't sell their crops, or are going into debt because their businesses are stagnant because of these policies, how they feel.

But "Trump did it, good, ugga bugga" or something.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Cool, huh
Gold and Bitcoin up and up..so fun to watch....bet on Bitcoin, not that Gold stuff, they can tax Gold at 90% yeah, stuff like that

Watch your Ps and Qs with that Cryptocurrency. The cyber world can be a cruel bitch when you least expect it.

I still favor Ag, in hopes the Hunt bros. don't rise from the dead. Do you put much stock in the Immaculate Heart.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
China has an edge on the US because it is not a democracy and can tell its people to just wait it out.

Democracies can't too have this edge, where it's people put the wellbeing of the entire country ahead of their personal wellbeing?

Maybe that is the achilles heel of Democracy. Since free people can't (or won't) put the collective good ahead of their individual good perhaps democracies have a limited shelf life.
edit on 5-8-2019 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

link   

You're a nobody. Highest wage growth in US history and DOW has nearly doubled. #NPC say #OrangeManBad though and the economy is in shambles somehow.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Trump has done nothing, this is Obama’s economy. He saved the country and left Trump a great economy. When Obama got in Bush a republican left us with a damn near depression. Trump inherited a good economy from Obama. As Clinton, left Bush a great economy that he f___ed up.

Trump likely will also ruin the good economy Obama left.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

The stock he is complaining about has nearly doubled under Trump. 16k to 28k. So terrible! SKY IS FALLING!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So then why did we have ZERO wage growth at the end of Obama's term? OOPS. Try again.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

The Chinese are a dictatorship and can tell their people to just take it or else. That's why it was a dumb thing to start a trade war with China.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Trump has done nothing, this is Obama’s economy. He saved the country and left Trump a great economy. When Obama got in Bush a republican left us with a damn near depression. Trump inherited a good economy from Obama. As Clinton, left Bush a great economy that he f___ed up.

Trump likely will also ruin the good economy Obama left.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I don't care about any one sector, I care about America as a whole.

So, you admit you don't care about midwestern farmers losing their businesses and/or their money and going into debt, and therefore suffering, because Maga or something?

Are you saying it's better the farmers make a little more even if America's economy is destroyed?

No, I'm saying it's better they don't lose what they have worked their lives over and for, and suffer because of BS arrogant policies.

Why do you hate American farmers?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You're a nobody. Highest wage growth in US history and DOW has nearly doubled. #NPC say #OrangeManBad though and the economy is in shambles somehow.

Thanks Obama!

Btw: WTF are you?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Tariffs are not a plan. There is a reason we have trade policies with limited tariffs: tariffs inhibit trade and drive costs to consumers.

Isn't that what taxes do when we "tax the rich"?

That means the middle class pays for tax increases to those "evil" millionaires and billionaires.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You're a nobody making dumb claims because you hate Trump. FACT, DOW has increased and nearly doubled under Trump, you know, the thing the OP said was doing poorly.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So then why did we have ZERO wage growth at the end of Obama's term? OOPS. Try again.

Obama inherited a DEPRESSION from George Bush.

Anybody knows it takes years to affect an economy not a year or so. So all the good in this economy took years to do not months. Therefore, the good you speak of is due to Obama, not Trump. All Trump did was cut taxes for the rich THAT DID nothing for the macroeconomy but raise the deficit to astronomical levels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join