It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria's Secret Hire Its First Transgender Model

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Victoria's Secret hires its first transgender model

Victoria's Secret has hired its first transgender model, 22-year-old model and actress Valentina Sampaio, according to Entertainment Tonight. Sampaio will be featured in the new Victoria's Secret Pink campaign set to be released this month, her agent Erio Zanon confirmed to ET.

"Of course she is very happy for it and she hopes that it shall continue to break barriers and to make a step to more inclusivity and representation for everybody," Zanon said.

Sampaio previously made history as the first transgender model to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine, ET reports. She graced the cover of the March 2017 issue of Vogue Paris.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Upon first glancing at the photo in the article, if you hadn't told me they were "transgender", I probably wouldn't have known. However, having looked closely and seen other images on the internet...

What do you make of this?

The way the media puts it (saying "first") is like the State of Montana has just hired its first black attorney general or something haha.
edit on 5-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Who. Cares?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Who. Cares?

I think this is an important topic.

Here we have what appears to be an expansion in the alleged "Trans Conspiracy" or "Trans campaign" or whatever...

What next? The next US Secretary of State is "a trans female"?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I hope no one buys it but I'm sure you'll all purchase a mag to support this

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I feel awkward lol

edit on 8/5/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yep, who cares, when it crosses over to professional or amateur sports, like a person born a male and grew to adulthood a male. Then want to compete in the UFC, or weightlifting..then I have a problem.
edit on 5-8-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

Possibly already happened with Madeline Albright...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It needs to get bone reconstruction in it's face because it still has masculine features.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

And if so?

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well ya know what they say, nothing sells womens underwear like a penis.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Who. Cares?

I think this is an important topic.

Here we have what appears to be an expansion in the alleged "Trans Conspiracy" or "Trans campaign" or whatever...

I don't buy into any of the "trans conspiracy" BS, I just know there is a group of people out there trying to make themselves fit in to the regular world without having to hide who they are.

So why publicize it to the whole world and make a spectacle of it?

So those people can see that people are opening doors and not shutting them out as a whole. I have little doubt that there was MUCH discussion going on in Victoria's Secret's HR/legal team with the model to make sure it was ok that they publicized this, if not, she could turn around and sue the sh!t out of them for disclosing that she's trans.

There are going to be people who will be at the forefront of it that are helping pave the way for the regular trans citizens who will never work in highly publicized work.

If everyone wants them to just shut up and live their lives, this is how you get there. Showing the rest of the trans community that they aren't being shut out, that they are accepted and can live and work among the rest of the world without issue. Being that it's still a fairly "new" thing, you're going to see people bringing it up and publicizing it. Give it a few years and when the community feels they have made some achievements and gotten to where they need to be, I doubt you'll see it publicized anymore.

Whether you agree with it or not, it's happening and nothing is going to stop it.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's about time!

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I don't buy into any of the "trans conspiracy" BS, I just know there is a group of people out there trying to make themselves fit in to the regular world without having to hide who they are.

Can I just take a moment to point out the ridiculousness of that statement? We are literally discussing a man who is pretending to be a woman, dressing like a woman, acting like a woman, demanding all around him use female specific pronouns and even think of him like a woman... but that's them living their life "without having to hide who they are." Hide the fact that it's a dude under that makeup, tape, and feminine attire... but they're by God not going to hide who they are.

Seems in line with fighting for peace, screwing in the name of virginity, and spending your way out of debt.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

What you posted is really disturbing.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I guess that would make Hillary the 2nd one then eh?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Nah, she was clearly female. Those thunder thighs and child bearing hips can't come from a lab, that's all biology.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think he still looks like a dude, only with makeup. They might be able to tuck their whacker back, but they'll never lose the facial features that come with being a man.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

What about Mike Obama?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Victoria's Secret hires its first transgender model

Victoria's Secret has hired its first transgender model, 22-year-old model and actress Valentina Sampaio, according to Entertainment Tonight. Sampaio will be featured in the new Victoria's Secret Pink campaign set to be released this month, her agent Erio Zanon confirmed to ET.

"Of course she is very happy for it and she hopes that it shall continue to break barriers and to make a step to more inclusivity and representation for everybody," Zanon said.

Sampaio previously made history as the first transgender model to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine, ET reports. She graced the cover of the March 2017 issue of Vogue Paris.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Upon first glancing at the photo in the article, if you hadn't told me they were "transgender", I probably wouldn't have known. However, having looked closely and seen other images on the internet...

What do you make of this?

The way the media puts it (saying "first") is like the State of Montana has just hired its first black attorney general or something haha.

OMG!!! This is so prog! I am so happy with all hyper sexual things. I am now thinking I will live out my dreams to be a female lizard with a penis grafted on. I dream that maybe I can get a magazine shoot as well. Hollah Fellow Scaly's!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Eeeek, no woman has a cameltoe that starts that high, or a front-butt that looks like that... EGH!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join