It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy Soldiers for Christmas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why is America, China, and Russian etc, developing futuristic military weaponry, if they do not have plans for the war in the future, a war some people call World War Three, and if they don't have plans for such a war, then why don't they just stop developing such weaponry and create peace, however if they do have plans for war, then why are their air-forces working together in space? Are they playing war games with our children, like a group of college friends, playing toy soldiers? Or has America, the Pentagon etc and the rest, given too much military power to the free market and private defence companies, that they have lost control of the military, and it is now being used so as to stabilise the global financial systems, their bank accounts, investors accounts, and therefore human civilisation?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CyberMoses1001

Humans cannot see into the future so we never know if we need to defend ourselves from other people. It doesn't sound so smart if country A stops building weapons and country B never stops. Country A would never stand a chance. It's a global balance of power and mutual threats of destruction that keep this world turning.

Why do we work together in space? Because it takes the brightest minds in the world to achieve the dreams of all of humanity as well as the resources. We love war but not so much we cannot work together.

We aren't peace loving so just dropping everything for a peace circle isn't in our cards.
edit on 5-8-2019 by discourse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: discourse

Humans cannot see into the future so we never know if we need to defend ourselves from other people. It doesn't sound so smart if country A stops building weapons and country B never stops. Country A would never stand a chance. It's a global balance of power and mutual threats of destruction that keep this world turning.

We aren't peace loving so just dropping everything for a peace circle isn't in our cards.

i don't know about this, there are threads in the "Prophecies and Predictions" forums that would disagree.

/humor

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Regimes and leaders come and go like ass pimples. Never know what the next one is willing to do. The big countries are always war gaming for those scenarios and creating circumstances that give them the advantage meaning R&D of new tactics, techniques.

This R&D is not a bad thing however. Most of the tech eventually gets to the consumer like GPS, drones, and even the internet.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: discourse

Actually humans can see into the future, and you can be assured the United States can see into the future, and they know whats the plans are for the future, especially of the military, and for thousands of years, as they are following a pattern, which is a constant that runs throughout the laws of nature, from mathematics, biology, linguistics, geometry etc.
I'll tell you the future, Discourse, the US and allies throughout the western world are going to attempt to encircle China, Russia and Iran through the Pacific, Oceania, the Arabian Sea, the Gulf of Iran, the Sea of Japan, down from Canada and through Eastern Europe, while working down through S. America and the Middle East,a s we can see the early stages of, in the current wars around the world, in an attempt to seal the underground(hell) and yo begin to build in the heavens, above and below, the Messianic Kingdom which will be when they defeat Israel's enemies, the military Industrial complex Wall Street, The NSA etc. society has many dimensional, the Israeli dimension is but one dimension, and form there they will bring about the Messiah, who is numerous things and peoples, depending on you perspective. A future world leader, similar to Obama. That's my prophecy for the next 600 years.

Yes but if there are no plans for war with one another, then why is the military's highest order, the air force, of these nations working together in space if they are at war with one another it makes no sense to a military mind. Unless a bunch of college friends with predatorial minds are playing meaningless wars with our children.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

In order to ensure peace you must secure peace. Peace through strength (that is to say through deterrence) is a legitimate strategy for peace. There will always be entities that will seek more than they already have and they must be deterred. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to understand?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

Nonsense, those who claim such things are the biggest war mongers on the planet.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Right...well if you have no counter I guess your position has no merit. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

Ok goodbye.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

So America can just disband it's military and the world will suddenly embrace peace?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What do you think Russia and China would do tomorrow if America disbanded it's military today?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't now, what would America do if Russia and China disbanded their military? I'm sure the Russians and Chinese would respond he same way, America would in that situation.
My question was, if they and their air-forces, the highest ranking force in their militaries, are working together in space, and if they're making, buying, and selling weapons of war and fighter jets to one another under the permission of the Pentagon the legal system, then, this surely says they are allies and are not planning future war, so if they are not planning future, war, then why are they still building newer and better fighter jets, and missiles etc, rather than investing on peace, equality and the environment, or are they just a group of upper class college friends playing war with the children oft he poor?
Also, you seem to conclude that the Russian, Chinese and America military, are above the police and legal system, i.e. the judges etc of their countries, it would, or should be, impossible for the military to just go to war, without the permission of these governing bodies, as they would be arrested, however I am sure there are higher and more hidden forces pulling strings so as to insure war, as part of the continuous evolution and stabilisation of human civilisation.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You do realize that research stems products that make its way into civilian life , right ?
Research where the idea of modern wi-fi comes from
The start of the cell phone
The jet engine
Others.
And , above all else....
The Internet.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What you are saying is a what if fantasy land. They don't want to be allies and be friends, they want to be top dog and the day America lot's it's military would be the day they lost their freedom.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You don not understand civilisation nor the global financial sector, the stock exchanges the criminal justice system the prison complex, the military and global democratic governing bodies, the last thing they want, or at-least the judges etc want, is war, or to be top dogs, there is too much at stake, it is, militarily, a step back and the military doesn't like backward steps it likes to evolve, and evolve, to space and beyond. .

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: discourse

This is like saying we should not evolve ever!

I'm pretty confident that a global survey would bring up a majority who doesn't want war and would enjoy freedom more, the ones that want war would surely fit onto a fancy island where they can blow each other's head off! Everyone gets what they want
Maybe these cards have been mysteriously taken out of the deck?
Psychologically speaking fear is one hell of a weapon of mass destruction! Peace not so much.

Although I agree with you that I enjoy conflict especially if it's mental. Sometimes it's really helpful to have others onto which you can project your problems, the real issue starts, if we fail to realize, that the perceived problem is ours alone and the other has nothing to do with it.

On the other hand I don't enjoy conflict at all if it's phisical, when it comes to phisicalities I enjoy union much more

So what exactly are YOU saying?

You want war and destruction, or you are better than most?

Sincerely No Clue
edit on 6/8/2019 by NoClue because: peace

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManWhoWasThursday

In order to ensure peace you must secure peace. Peace through strength (that is to say through deterrence) is a legitimate strategy for peace. There will always be entities that will seek more than they already have and they must be deterred. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to understand?

Sound like the the USA seeking more than what we have so who will deter the USA

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I used to get a set of toy soldiers every year for Christmas... Kind of ironic, looking back, but I sure did have fun with 'em.

As for the topic?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Right...the USA is invading with the express purpose of obtaining more territory. It's the USA that is building artificial islands in order to claim more ocean.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join