It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will not vote for Trump.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

My whole point was that, yes you blame player and not demonize the game. Yet, you don't give the player the game if that player is violent and unstable...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

Sorry for getting off topic, but is your handle...

"Anal Bum Cover"

Or...

"An Album Cover"?

I always wondered this. Honestly.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Remember all the absurd things blamed on Obama and Bush...! Looks as though they are not all that inventive again. Democrats..... mostly looking desperate and confused, striking out in the dark, unstable and more harm to themselves. Of course President Trump is so far above all this.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: LSU2018

Typical Trump supporter... You can't just say "well that was stupid of him to say". Instead you just accept and say we could all do without video games cause of trump's misinformed information..

You can still vote for him and say he said something stupid or wrong......

Imagine his response if it was from Obama suggesting to stop violent video games...

A cult leader is never wrong even when he is wrong

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: LSU2018

Typical Trump supporter... You can't just say "well that was stupid of him to say". Instead you just accept and say we could all do without video games cause of trump's misinformed information..

You can still vote for him and say he said something stupid or wrong......

Imagine his response if it was from Obama suggesting to stop violent video games...

A cult leader is never wrong even when he is wrong

I'm afraid I have to agree with this...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

In the presidents speech today he bashed violent videogames saying he wants them gone basically...

He's using the same old tired rhetoric that has been used for years by those trying to divert attention from the real cause of a problem , studies have been conducted and the claim has no base in fact.

An uninformed President makes yet another uninformed statement.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Did you just base your vote on the fact you like videos games and he doesn't.

Fair play. Respect.

I don't play video games, and don't even like them. I however understand that they have zero consequence on violence.
If that were the case many other countries would be far more violent than we are, and they aren't.

It is a lame excuse that a lot of people want to use. It is the exact same reason that Seattle is dying.
People don't want to tell the truth.

Seattle doesn't have a homeless problem, they have a drug problem.

Young men don't have a violence problem, they have mental problems.

Agreed. I loved GTA but have never had the urge to hit anyone with a baseball bat for $5

(or any other amount)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

What no one is talking about is that Trumps idiocy regarding video games implies that it's only an American problem. Because otherwise we'd see mass shootings and violence all over the world because of video games. Video games don't just exist in America.

And he blames mental health, but in action opposes the idea of expanding access to healthcare for people. Which includes mental health care.

There's just too much dumbassery in this speech to unwrap all at once.
edit on 5-8-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

What? Defending Trump would be to say we need to ban violent video games. I don't think we do. I think it's about the same as banning guns.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Mental health care is woefully absent in expanding health care.

Our current mental health system is to give you a pill and call you fixed. That's not mental health care. At best the pill is meant to put you in a place where you can work with a therapist to put your thoughts in order, but most people don't do that hard work to heal. They just take the pills.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

And he's a meanie too. Boo, i dun like him. Never Trump!!!

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Our current mental health system is to give you a pill and call you fixed. That's not mental health care.

That's a vast oversimplification. Mental healthcare is just as important as regular healthcare. Yet it's being thrown to the wayside along with all other healthcare.

You reap what you sow. A nation that makes it difficult and expensive to treat mental problems is going to suffer the effect of those untreated mental problems.

link   
He does understand there's R-leaning gamers in droves out there, doesn't he? Way to piss off your base there, stable genius.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I don't think older folks understand how influential gamer culture is online, or how it overlaps majorly with their base.

Oh I have a 13 year old that attended "an online fortnight concert".
10 million people "attended" that.
People who disregard this segment of the population do so at their own risk.

I think a lot of people who go that route are in for a huge shock at just how big this segment of the population is!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I work in the mental health field and let me tell you, no type of pill or medication is going to fix it. In fact, these pills only make it worse and make you more dependant on it. There's a reason why mental health and pill-dependant addicts are seemingly at an all time high.

I view mental health as a plague that has infested society on an almost epidemic level. It is so deeply rooted in many different things that to cure it would be an almost impossible task. At the end of the day, it starts and ends with the individual; how one takes that journey is up to them and no two paths are the same.

I honestly think it's here to stay and will most likely be the reason for the downfall of society.

All part of the plan, methinks.

edit on 5-8-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
In the presidents speech today he bashed violent videogames saying he wants them gone basically...

Millions if not billions have played such games and have not turned into crazy mass killers.

Why do old people always go for the games. They are just games for the majority of us.

Did the killer eat a peanut butter sandwich? Lets get rid of them!

Just because he never played them and doesn't understand the joy you can get saving the world doesn't mean it's bad because he doesn't "get it"

Am I the only one who thinks Trump should not have of taken the advice of what ever dumbass suggested this to him because I am sure he will lose many votes.

- Thanks.

So, Trump bashing video games is the straw that broke the camels back? Back in the late 90's when Columbine happened, politicians tried to blame Marilyn Mansion and his music.. it didn't work... and blaming video games for today's shootings wont work either... its mental illness, its Big Pharm, its the political climate, etc... these are more so the problems i see. Taking guns away won't solve sh*t.. if anything, im feeling more inclined now than ever to get a firearm for my house... I've never owned, never even fired a gun before, but I'm beginning to put serious thought into a firearm to protect my house/loved ones.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I don't think older folks understand how influential gamer culture is online, or how it overlaps majorly with their base.

Oh I have a 13 year old that attended "an online fortnight concert".
10 million people "attended" that.
People who disregard this segment of the population do so at their own risk.

Fortnite has 250 million registered players and had 10.8 million concurrent players during that Marshmello concert. That is just one video game virtual space.

Fox news averaged 2.4 million viewers last month during prime time, 378,000 primetime viewers among the key demographic of adults age 25-54. Fox news just had a story boasting about this. Fortnite blows Fox out of the water in the 25-54 demographic and even more so in under 25.

Videogame virtual spaces get more eyeballs than ATS, than the news, both TV and internet. You don't canvass for votes door to door anymore. You canvass in virtual spaces. Gamer culture currently skews to the right.

Is it smart to attack it. We shall see.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Trump doesn't give a rats ass about violent video games. It's just lip service to soothe everyone pointing pitch forks and torches in his direction.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't think you get it.

You could fully pay for everyone's health care tomorrow, and there would still be no real mental health care. That system was dismantled along with the asylum system way back when.

Even people with premium plans don't have what you're thinking of as mental health care.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Now you could probably get rid of something like the indy game about being a mass shooter, but you're not going to get rid of the biggies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join