It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Degrasse Tyson Triggers Twitter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Insensitive? I strongly disagree. Ignoring reality is not sensitivity. It's perpetuating ignorance.

Until you start looking critically at what affects us, we cannot change anything in a meaningful, positive manner. We cannot protect people tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
"Celebrity Astrophysicist" - Those two words just don't seem to sit right with each other.

As for deGrasse Tyson, i have no time for him at all.

Manufactured puppet who gives off a real sense of arrogance. If you don't agree with him then you must be wrong regardless of the research and evidence.

Not quite at the shill level of Bill Nye or Brian Cox but certainly in the same realm.
edit on 10/8/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Tyson drops a logic bomb, people's heads implode...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think he's just trying to add some perspective, a rational voice amongst the hysteria. Some clearly won't like it and will spin it to their cause.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
NDT should've just played it safe with a generic "thoughts and prayers™" tweet, cos that would have displayed how deeply compassionate and moved he is by the shootings in the correct manner.

It's honestly scary that these people don't appear to have the intelligence needed to parse the very basic point he was trying to make, all these deaths are a tragedy and deserve our attention, not just sensationalised high body counts on the TV screen.
I see compassion in his post for all needless deaths, whether caused by accident, neglect or intentionally they ALL MATTER, not just the ones that are politically useful.

I've re-read NDT's Twitter comment several times and I just can't understand how it's been taken so out of context, perhaps it's all the fluoride in our drinking water!

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Wow
a black white supremacist......
I have seen that somewhere before......tho I think it was satire......

HMM....

He's a real life Clayton Bigsby.

Ah you beat me to it,lol .

That was a hillarious skit . The south park i woukd like to solve the puzzle is a close one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join