It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many dislike David Icke?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
blonde haired, blue eyed, white people with rh -ve blood are E.T.'s, most recently martians, who escaped to earth, followed by a parasitic race of 5th dimensional shapeshifting lizard beings who possess and inhabit their bodies for nefarious reasons.

So my wife is an escaped martian and parasitic shapeshifting Lizard?

No, no and no. Its funny when people who claim to know all about Icke and his research actually know nothing at all. He may well be in your eyes a nutter, an evil man, an enlightened person, a do gooder, a fool, a wise person.. whatever - but please don't spread disinformation about somebody or their research thus making most other too lazy to research people form similar opinions. That really angers me more than anything. I honestly and sincerely don't care what anyone believes. I'm willing to look at the material myself. But its clear people just take the most "facinating" parts of Icke's work and paraphrase and sumarise to ignorant proportions. You can do that with pretty much anything.

you talkin to me?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When I paid to go hear Icke speak for 4 hours or so, I did so becuz his books contain lots of data that I have already read elsewhere, and tend to believe. He spoke mainly about 9 11, and I learned a lot. It was worth going to hear him, to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If that diatribe was aimed at me, my only response is 'I can summarize what I have read and heard from him anyway I please, and will do so no matter what anyone else thinks of it. I did not make any of that up, go read it yourself. You say you are willing to? Well, then why haven't you?
I have, and if and when you ever do, maybe we can have an informed exchange of opinions on it. Until then, I guess you'll just have to trust me on that. He broke Queen Elizabeth's name down into El-Lizard-birth....That is a verifiable comment for you or anyone to confirm. But to refute or condemn anybody's statements when you have no clue about the subject, is imho, pointless, meaningless, baseless, and totally irrelevent.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This thread has turned out exactly how I had anticipated... the bulk of posters knowing nothing or going by very little of his work or people full of half-truths about him or people going by nothing other than their personal belief system. Quite frustrating.

TO the people here that are taking the mick out of his comment "I'M THE SON OF GOD" - do you actually know what he means by that or are you going by your messed up Christian or any other farce of a religion's perception of god? Hehe, I bet you are well let me tell you that what Icke was saying was that god is all of us... everyone of us is ONE and we are god so basicly everyone is a son of god. As he put it, "we are droplets of water that forgot we were the ocean". This is something we were made to forget by the grandmasters via mind-entrapping religions and stuff like that... if we re-discovered this truth, they would stand no chance.

Icke is nothing less that the most important person alive... his knowledge could set the world free and put it straight if only everyone listended to the man.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardMarksthespotSorry paranoia but I'm British too and calling someone a Lizard is quite common, usually used in conjunction with the word "Slimey".

I'm British too and have never ever heard tha term "slimey lizard".... absolutely never and thats the honest truth.

"Slimey rat".... but never "slimey lizard".

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
He broke Queen Elizabeth's name down into El-Lizard-birth....That is a verifiable comment for you or anyone to confirm.

Well that certainly convinces me that she is a shape shifting baby eating lizard

I am keeping a close eye on my wife and when she shape shifts into this here escaped martian/shape shifting lizard thingie I will try to catch it on tape.

Unless she discovers I am on to her and I become Lizard food for her and her evil alien Homeys

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'm British too and have never ever heard tha term "slimey lizard".... absolutely never and thats the honest truth.

I am British and have heard neither in recent conversation. Although Slimey Rat is an old saying. Where I live, I tend to call people variations of the term "Monkey"...as in: Cheeky, Dirty, Stupid.... depending on what they have done.

Suppose it depends on your preferred choice of animal!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

How can u all dismiss his theory like your doing?

I don't know, maybe because the word and evidence of a degreed anthropologist (which I believe Byrd is) has more weight than that of a money-hungry ex-soccer has-been?

You're thread was flame-bait, and you know it...

Many members are refuting the points you find in favor of Icke's theories. Don't get me wrong, Icke has his supporters here, but since you were directly addressing those of us who dislike his theories, we've countered with both logic and facts of why we feel like we feel. It is no "witch-hunt" against Icke, we simply believe he's connected some seriously wrong dots...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Many members are refuting the points you find in favor of Icke's theories. Don't get me wrong, Icke has his supporters here, but since you were directly addressing those of us who dislike his theories, we've countered with both logic and facts of why we feel like we feel. It is no "witch-hunt" against Icke, we simply believe he's connected some seriously wrong dots...

I have yet to read any substantial posts refuting any theories. In fact no discussions of theories at all. Just a few out of context grossly innacurate quotes or just mockery. Yes, you should expect this with a thread on Icke. No, it doesn't mean he is wrong. Go download his book from a p2p client and read it at least.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
I have yet to read any substantial posts refuting any theories. In fact no discussions of theories at all.

Well there was the question posed about if they exist then how has their reptilian nature not been revealed when they see a doctor or suffer severe physical injury such as death in combat.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
i remember hearing Icke on the radio with Alex Jones last summer, and thing is, Jones is all on about how christ saves us, and christ this and christ that, making it seem almost like he's promoting how christianity is the only way to salvation from the nwo almost.
while icke is more on a love only flex, although i did hear him say, when jones implied that his non christ ideology is adhering to new agism that new age is just another system and a tool, and how icke doesnt conform to any some of indroctination (religion) which i def respect.

Also, i think alex did confront him bout how he hurts "real" conspiracy theorists when he starts talking about reptiles etc, and make conspiracy theory look like a sham, and icke said he's just following, and printing the trail of infomation, so i guess u have to respect that too.

If one doesnt beleive in channeling etc, then discount that from his last book "tales from the time loop" and ur still left with some amazing reports on Iraq, and whats been going on in there, nice info on subliminal advertising, and on Royal bloodlines, even if u dont beleive they are reptilian bloodlines.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
altho the reptilian thing is too out there,

I went ahead with " secrets of the matrix" dvd [ somethin' about it....just had to get it ]

no reptiles so far...and I like what I've seen so far. It's a bit much to watch all the dvds at once. so I'm goin' slow.

any other positive comments about ickes' info ? minus the reptile stuff ?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
He's proved himself, time and time, and time again to not do any research, and has made money off both amatuer and legit "ufologists". Damn idoits, can't even learn Durkiham's thesis.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSB2005
He's proved himself, time and time, and time again to not do any research, and has made money off both amatuer and legit "ufologists". Damn idoits, can't even learn Durkiham's thesis.

Care to explain your post? I've read a few of his books and he has lots and lots of research. For a guy that does so little research, he sure does spend the bulk of his life travelling the world researching. He must be crazy eh?
Also, Icke admits that he has more questions than answers. He is just presenting information that presents itself to him with all the sources and people he has talked to available for analysis. It's easy to not believe in part or all of it, but its not so easy to discredit it.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
nothing is right or wrong
it all works no matter how abstract..
it is all good..no matter how differently each one of us is looking at something,we all see it differently and you can not deny how we see it..what it is is what it is..

and about proofing somethings..some things our beyond our understanding.with just the sight and smell ,thoughts etc.we have..
there is a whole other world of physics out there that scientist are just stumbling on..and they are in awe and boggled.

just as the natives had there ways and the christians have theirs and icke has his, i have mine,and like wise with every one..its all the same thing.

about monsters and reptilians etc...why dont you guy ask a shaman or sorcerer..
dont look at the world we live only from one level.there are many.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
altho the reptilian thing is too out there,

I went ahead with " secrets of the matrix" dvd [ somethin' about it....just had to get it ]

no reptiles so far...and I like what I've seen so far. It's a bit much to watch all the dvds at once. so I'm goin' slow.

any other positive comments about ickes' info ? minus the reptile stuff ?

I have ..... he was very good as a speaker when I went to hear him, and his focus that day was 9 11. he pointed out numerous oddities that beg for answers. NORAD apparently taking that day off is likely the most glaring one. Where were they? What happened to SOP? Why did it take 1 hour and 50 minutes to respond to an awol airliner, when they responded in 20 minutes to Payne Stewarts Lear jet with 8 people aboard?
What were the people at Andrews doing? Not protecting the capital, anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
why? because everybody is dreaming about the damn lizards now

seriously Icke wrote some interesting stuff but u gotta cut some crap

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I gotta give it to they guy, he has charisma, but man some of his ideas are so far-gone that it just wrecks everything for me.

The lizzard-people was just such a load of crap, and coming from someone without real academic training at high levels just makes it sound like the rantings of a nut to me.

The fact that he has such rabid fans is kind of scary to me. He reminds me of a teacher I had in high school, he'd start out saying perfectly rational things then say something so insane that it just made one kind of stare at him wondering if one had actually heard him properly. Just sad really. He seems like a rather inteligent person but wow is he off his nut.

~Astral

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My own bizarre experiences are likely why I do not totally balk at his out there stuff. Some of it is hard for me to swallow myself, I have a problem with 'channelled' info. It is not credible imho. And one explanation that I thought of as to why he does include this far out stuff in with a load of good solid information might be to give himself a little less credibility so that he is not a target of the powers whom he is skewering with his other information. If he came off as totally credible, his books might really garner more interest than he needs, from people he'd rather not took interest in them...... just pondering.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
well..

.like I said b4. I'm putting that reptilian stuff to the side...

and on I go with the dvds

so far, so good

I guess , what I'm trying to say is...don't throw the baby out with the bathwater

perhaps an earlier comment had it...he tossed that in, to keep from getting suicided...

funny thing about this stuff...ya have to adjust your antenna a bit. I mean , you don't see the world the way you used to anymore . I guess I'm just aware of the fact that I'm turning into a bloody cynic...

I suppose I'll get used to it

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join