It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many dislike David Icke?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novusordo
If you see no truth in his reptilian theory that the problem is not lack of evidence, the problem is you.

Nah. The problem with the lizard theory is that it is completely crap.
You'd think that all of the doctors that have operated on them and all of the people in the Armed Forces that have served with them might notice such a thing as the guy in front of them being a lizard.
Take for example, the Queen Mother. She was in and out of hospital for operations left, right and centre. You'd think somebody might notice if they had a lizard on the operating table in front of them wouldn't you?
And what about all of those royals who have died on the battle field? They bled like anyone else and their guts were spilled like anyone else. You'd think that those who surrounded them at their untimely death might have noticed the difference beteen an iguana and a human being.

How does Icke explain all of the skiing holidays that the British ruling family partake in? You'd think a cold blooded creature would be pretty averse to cold conditions - but these guys spend more time skiing than they do lounging on Caribean beaches.

To say that everyone who doesn't believe Icke is a fool just because he can't provide evidence is a truly stupid statement and perhaps one of the daftest that I've ever seen made here on ATS. Everything requires evidence. Until that evidence is provided, any theory is just mere speculation. In Icke's case, not only is it speculation, but it is illogical also.
I think you got your statement ass backwards - it seems to me that those who believe in Icke are the sheep. They're following a self proclaimed false messiah whose only real skill is to dupe money from idiots.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It is interesting to note that David Icke, in all those years he has been espousing, offers no hard, concrete proof of any such existence or evidence of "reptilian" entities so far. Not even a photographic or video proof so far unless, if there is one or more "proofs" Icke proclaims, it would have been staged and photoshopped by creative graphic artists Icke employed for "dramatization" purposes.

Am I right with this assessment?

Perhaps, if I'm guessing right, that David Icke may have mean to describe the reptilian brain theory that some human beings have possessed? Frankly, I would like to know why David Icke went too far with reptilian-shapeshifting people theory when there is a scientific evidence of reptilian-mammal brains in humans presently studied and discussed at large?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Apparently, his first book, the one before the reptilian theory started to crowd his work, is meant to really good
I still say his theories are excellent and believeable, just the whole reptilian thing kinda ruins it

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have to agree with the people who are shut off by the reptilian thing.

Classic paranoia - if you can swallow this one pill, that "they" are out to get you, everything else makes sense. But shape shifting baby eating pedophile reptilians - that's a very large and very sour pill.

I read Icke for the same reasons I read Immanuel Velikovsky, Eric Von Daniken - good research but bad conclusions. I just want the research, I'll draw my own conclusions.

But: Another book provides an interesting perspective. You may wish to read "Behind the lodge door" by Paul A. Fisher, Ed.D Bottom line: Dr Fisher wanted to know why his Catholic school students couldn't ride the public school buses to their school, despite the fact that their parents pay property taxes which funds those buses.

His conclusions: There was a deliberate campaign to close down Catholic schools, which taught things not taught in public schools. A successful campaign. At one time there were more Catholic than public schools in this country.

"Perhaps most stunning of all is the book's revelation regarding the fraternity's successful efforts, beginning in 1940 and continuing through 1971, to shape U.S. Supreme Court' First Amendment religious clauses decisions and, thus change America's previous Christian orientation to an ambience that is almost totally secular and, more or less, hostile to Christian values."

So we were all funneled through a school system which teaches us what is acceptable belief, and what is not. No competition to tell us otherwise. Ergo, we are conditioned to avoid public espousal of unconventional beliefs, because those around us who are better conditioned, but not necessarily better informed, will exert pressure to keep us in line.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novusordo

Originally posted by Leveller
How about the fact that he claimed himself to be the new Messiah?
Or the fact that he uses scapegoats to sell books and make money?

His claims of being the new Messiah are an understatment... this guy has the knowledge that, if all new, would change the world for the better... if that dosent warrent "Messiah status" that I dont know what would.

And that's the answer to your question:

Firstly, it is totally illogical that he is spreading disinformation and also becuase, what would be the point of him doing this?

Huh?

The point of him doing it is that he makes a very tidy sum of cash out of it.

He is not rich... far from it and getting the information out to the ignorant masses is a full time occuptation... of course he needs funds.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Novusordo]

Are you sure he is far from rich...I'm pretty sure he was a soccer player before his conspiracy times ?? Someone help me if that's wrong just remember hearing it somewhere. And his books seem to make enough money for him to continue writing more and more. A very popular figure among conspiracy artists, I think he's made himself some cash..... And he sounds like a looney as said many times before.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi all,

This is my first post on ATS, though I've been lurking for quite some time. I hope this doesn't come accross as an accusation, but how many of those here offering there opinion on Icke have actually read any of his books cover to cover? To offer commentary on a body of text one has only skimmed through or to take a stance on a topic based upon heresay is quite antithetical to the motto "deny ignorance".

Having read a few of David's books, I can say I believe the man to be deserving of our attention and respect. I do not agree with everything Icke says, but then, I don't have to. David even says so himself. While a few of his idea may seem a bit "out there", how many times has reality turned out to be far stranger than fiction? Reptilians? Mabye...mabye not. I've never met one, I don't think, but that does not negate the possibility of there existence. (Deny ignorance, no?)

Lizards aside, there is still a volume of useful, positive information to be garnered from David's books, as well as a wealth of irefutable facts regarding the global elite. Icke should be applauded for his efforts to make the world a better place, not ridiculed for his outlook on reality. After all can anyone here tell me what's really real?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's cause he's just so damn easy to hate on; his stuff being so controversial. But a lot of it makes sense.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by joepits]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The only thing that puts me off is the Shape-shifting Reptile Queen crap, as I have said before.

I am open to other ideas, for gods sake, I used to preach Zitchin as if it was a religion a few years back. But I am older, wiser, and (only slightly) uglier, so I am not so easily swayed, and require proof of such things.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's jealousy man. It has nothing to do with what these guys are talking about. He never said he was the Messiah and had many problems about many saying he doesn't believe in Jesus anyway. Rumors of him claiming he was Jesus were the first rumors around when they claimed he was a "kook". He has never called himself Jesus, that was simply the mockery that was used against him. Then other rumors came after that saying that he didn't beleive in Jesus. He stated that he believes in Jesus , just not the same way as Christians do. He see Jesus, Krishna and Horus as symbols. You David critics have made yourselves look like fools as he has been cleared these rumors out of the way and even stated how they started. I had Tales From The Timeloop, read the whole thing and know what I am talking about. Many of you are jealous because you go to school and haven't figured out the simplest conspiracies that David has figured out. None of you can disprove anything he has sayed at all. And what he says fits together like a jigsaw puzzle. In Iran, there was a claim tha the Israelis were stealing "arab" and "Persian" babies for medical use for Israelis. But you Christians wouldn't believe it. Not only that but MSNBC has stated and showed pictures of WHOLE CITIES underground in France. David Icke did his own research and pointed out that there was monsters that were cared by humans under the Earth. He also stated that there are ancient tunnels dug under the Earth that interconnect with each other. You guys didn't buy it. Did your simple minds make it false because of your lack of belief? The hell with Jesus, David Icke in fact is greater in that he is a truth speaking person that is guided by a higher light.Heck, David Icke is a real physical being. You critic David Icke but your Billy Grahams, Louis Farrakhans and other religious figures are multi-millionaires and haven't given you anything of substance. Is David Icke suppose to give his books away? What about the cost of the paper? You guys are simply jealous. Even in Behold a Pale Horse it talked of governments dealing with Satanists in solving their problems and the U.K. endulges heavily with Satanists. Boxers don't fight just any fight because fights give them a reputation. David wouldn't debate you you because your debates are weak fights. David Icke has talked of subteranean human-eating beings and used Gilgamesh as an example. Saying that monsters went to their dwellings under earth with human food. Pretty much like Grendel if you took British literature. Here is a underground city with WALLS MADE FROM HUMAN SKULLS. Where did they get the skulls from? Wouldn't they have been murdered by blood thirsts to get their skulls? France is where most of the lines seem to have divided anyway.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

City is 185 miles long with the bones of 6 Million Parisians. Where's your explanation.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Asia Minor]

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Asia Minor]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Errr.... actually he did claim to be the Messiah. Granted it was a claim that he later retracted and I have seen him defend that retraction many times on TV (albeit with bluster).

The link below could explain what makes Icke tick.

www.thecommentarybox.co.uk...

No, he used the words "son of god". He explained this later to mean yes he indeed was a son of god, as you are, and as your friend is.. and as EVERYBODY is a son of god. I won't go further into his more spiritual beliefs, but they are quite simple and he doesn't and never has claimed to be any sort of messiah. In fact, quite the opposite. You are everything and everything is you. Probably more bizzare than the reptilian theory, and also goes someway explaining the larger questions.

The person that mentioned why doctors haven't found anything in these "lizards". Well, you obviously haven't read or researched much/anything. I don't want to go into depth, as im sure you aren't too interested anyway, but since when has david or any of the numerous other researchers out there claimed these reptilian forces assume physical form 24 hours a day? Read the book, it gives good answers on this, and then you can decide whatever you want, but at least you won't be asking the wrong questions...

[edit on 5-3-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asia Minor
Here is a underground city with WALLS MADE FROM HUMAN SKULLS. Where did they get the skulls from? Wouldn't they have been murdered by blood thirsts to get their skulls? France is where most of the lines seem to have divided anyway.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?! You're talking about the Paris catacombs, which were made during the plague when there was no room in regular cemetaries to bury the dead, ao they were arranged inside the large catacombs beneath the streets of Paris. They are mostly closed off, but some areas are for tourists. These catacombs are very well known and documented and are nothing like and underground city. I suggest you do YOUR research before buying any silly conspiracy crap.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
NovusOrdo, I don't dislike David Icke just because people think he's crazy.

I mean, reading your posts has me pretty well convinced that you're a few pepperonis shy of a full pizza, too; and I certainly don't dislike you.

Indeed, I think the reason I dislike David Icke so much is that I'm pretty sure he's not crazy, but is just using his lizard jive to convince people who are either crazy or tremendously credulous that he's telling the truth and so will buy his books and defend him.

In other words, I dislike David Icke because he uses craziness and lies to fool other people and make a lot of money.

I'm also saddened to realize that there are people who are actually believe Icke who allowed out on the streets without medication, but that it really irrelevant to why I dislike him.

I think it's more that I consider him a fraud and a thief, but, hey, that's me.

dh

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Credo Mutwa, the Zulu shaman, last of a very long line, verifier of the cloudbuster for Orgonize Africa, source for the British police searching for those responsible for the ritual killing of 'Adam' the small torso found floating in the River Thames, confirmed the shapeshifting phenomenon and is Icke's most reliable witness
www.metatech.org...
And see this
www.world-action.co.uk...

[edit on 5-3-2005 by dh]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I find it absolutely amazing that anyone seriously thinks that david, who travels around the world and obviously dedicates so much of his life to researching his material, is doing it to con people. Even more amazing that all of his numerous countless sources must be doing the same with that logic.

I also find it insulting that because i chose to listen to information and interpret it as credible, labels me as in need of medication. Aren't we free to listen to all of the possibilities without censoring those which don't fit into the "norms" of society?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
@Off_The_Street

grerat post you got my vote, man.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
People will hate on anyone in life, no matter what they do.

As for this Icke dude, I have heard things about him from time to time, but I admit I know little of him and his theories. They do seem pretty funny, though. The reptilian thing is gold, baby!

Hey, it might be true, it might not, but I do know that it's damn funny from what I know right now. I'm gonna research this Icke and make up my own mind...

BTW, people say crazier stuff than this guy all the time. Ann Coultier (I think that's how you spell it) was saying some focked up stuff about how fun it would be to nuke various countries. Now THAT'S crazy if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"To say that everyone who doesn't believe Icke is a fool just because he can't provide evidence is a truly stupid statement and perhaps one of the daftest that I've ever seen made here on ATS." - Leveller

Man. this still has me laughing.
The thing is, you could say the same thing about religions...either way, it's still funny to me.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by truthseeka]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
David Icke never called himself Jesus. When did he call himself Jesus and where is this written? He has never called himself Jesus. These were made out of mockery. The skulls catacombs was designed for an unknown purpose. The catacombs was designed mostly for practicioners of witchcraft. It was a secret ritualistic place. They designed an underground city because they didn't have room to bury them? That sounds stupid. You critics aren't even real critics. You just go and read up enough to come back at the truth. You do your yahoo searches without knowing anything you you claim to know. David Icke is bringing people to the light and we have these half-literate people coming at him and us with weak arguments. He hasn't been disproved yet especially by any of you.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Asia Minor]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
the thing is we are all god like,thou the external illusion we have been living in for thousand of years,has us looking for god outside of ourselfs..
some one called people interested in what icke has to say sheep...i would say its just the opposite..those who read the bible work their 9 to 5 job and help exploit and rape nature etc etc...are the sheep...free thinkers are far from the herd..
i dont believe alot of what icke says,just like all the bibles,thou i do find alot of truth here and there and in between the lines..

the best knowledge come from the power of silence.
if you can step out from the external illusion that has been created for us..then you will see beyond the vail..

we are extrordianary souls..if you stop limiting your knowledge,you may just see..i just hope if you get there,your intentions are good.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i did say i dont believe some of what icke talks about..but if i were to study it closer i bet i would believe more...many things just dont need to be understood by some of us..why fill the mind with chatter,,when the real stuff we need to know..is beyond words..and words just take up space..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join