It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"White Males and Mass Shootings" - Umm, but the Mississippi shooter was black

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Secretrooster

Not really.

I think they're the product of the same forces at work in society.

I've said for a while that the white population is lagging behind the black one in terms of breakdown of family, morality, value of education, etc., but that we're catching up. Whites don't tend to replace their fathers with gangs like blacks do, but I think the violent acting out from young males is the same. It just seems to be manifesting in slightly different ways.

I agree on them both being a product of the same forces.
Same force, different product.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Same end product -- murderous, violent acting out.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Same end product -- murderous, violent acting out.
When you simplify it yes.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The way I see it, it doesn't matter all that much. The end result is the same -- massive loss of life from young men who are the products of broken families and systems.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: JustJohnny

Ft Hood
VA Tech
Orlando nightclub
San Bernardino
Boston Bombers
DC Snipers
Binghampton shooting
Washington Navy Yard
Wilkes-Barre shootings

Someone's narrative smells like BS

Probably before some of the younger posters time, but there was also Colin Ferguson. He shot up the long island railway in NYC. Killed six and wounded a bunch more.

His case was famous because his defense tried to use "black rage". Basically, claimed racist whites drove him crazy so he shot up a bunch of white folks... but Colin, being the nutbag he was defended himself with an even more crazy defense tactic.... claimed it wasn't him. LOL.

Colin Ferguson

There was also that loon that shot and killed the TV reporter and camera man on Facebook live about two years ago or so.

There have been plenty of black mass shooters. However, most tend to be work place related. Guy gets fired, so he shoots the place up. We just had one here in Illinois last year. A handful of people killed at a manufacturing plant.

The "woke" crowd tries to say there are black mass murders in an attempt to deflect from the day to day carnage that occurs in the black community. Statistically, it simple isn't true. Blacks also are serial killers, etc as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Sorry, didn't have my coffee yet when i responded...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

No they don’t..

You see your random liberal say that...

The MSM , scientific communities, exc have not put crazy money and time and effort into dissecting “the white community”..

Not one white American who doesnt personally know the perpetrator considers themselves AT ALL responsible for anything another white person does..

In fact just the thought that we are responsible for the actions of every other white Person on the planet is ridiculous..... laughably so...

But the white yokels have no problem believing all minorities should pay for the actions of some other minorities...

“If police shoot unarmed black men, it is because so many are so violent..”

“We should kick out all illegals because some are rapists..”

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not really...

Most of the school shooters were from upper middle class families if I’m right..

It’s a “rich kid’s crime”.. atleast with school shooters..

When it comes to the more political mass shootings, we’ll of course the pro-gun /anti -government wing would be more likely to use a gun to shoot up the government..

Obviously lol

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

We're not talking about school shooters. We're talking about young men in general. And a broken family and system doesn't mean one that looks like a trailer trash or ghetto environment in every case. Some families that look perfect on the outside are still remarkably broken on the inside.

And our system is broken, top to bottom.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The traits that almost all mass shootings have are:

Young Males
Extremist Views regardless of the idealogy.
Warning signs ignored by family and friends.

You could add mental illnesses or the lack of a diagnosis of that.

Doesn't matter the skin color, political idealogy or religion.

Why do some young males become extremist to the point of carrying out mass murders? Not sure really.

One thing I know here in America is that there is not strong "Center" in our political arguements anymore. It's either extreme of the Right/Left.

Name a national centrist, there isn't one and even if there was, both extremes descend on them like locust to protect their turf.

A major part of the solution to such things is acknowledging that the other side isn't your enemy who needs to be "Defeated". Does either side of the spectrum think that dismissing the views of roughly 50% of the population is a viable long term thing to do? If both sides were to really work on consensus between the sides, the power of "Antifa" or the"Al-Right" would crumble. There is a reason the youth flocks to both sides of the extremes and that is the failure of modern politics in the U.S. to work together to achieve common goals.

I've said it before here countless times. Each side wants the whole loaf of bread and what happens is neither side can move the loaf to their side of the table and it ends up crumbling in the middle, not getting resolved.

Where is the Center of America politics nowadays?

I honestly don't see it, nor any attempts by either side to even creep to the middle.

Till we acknowledge that the other side isn't monsters who want to take away X rights, it's not going to improve. We are all guilty of it to some extent.

We need common goals and the ability to be happy with half a loaf.

Rant off.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

We're not talking about school shooters. We're talking about young men in general. And a broken family and system doesn't mean one that looks like a trailer trash or ghetto environment in every case. Some families that look perfect on the outside are still remarkably broken on the inside.

And our system is broken, top to bottom.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but lots of young folks grew up in broken families etc - on the whole, *most* do not go out and carry out deadly wild mass shootings.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

NBC actually used the term "white terrorism" on their evening news broadcast yesterday.

I don’t agree with that phase but how different is it from “Islamic terrorism”

Interesting how things change from an alternative perspective

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: butcherguy

NBC actually used the term "white terrorism" on their evening news broadcast yesterday.

I don’t agree with that phase but how different is it from “Islamic terrorism”

Interesting how things change from an alternative perspective

Islam is a religion.

"White people" are groups of folks defined by their skin colour, "race" and genetic heritage?

Which actually makes the term "white terrorism" a racist term - racist to white people. Maybe if they said "white supremacist terrorism", we may not have taken issue.

It's like saying "black terrorism". How many millions of folks would cry "offensive" if this was said?! Colin Ferguson, the Long Island mass shooter, "hated white people". Imagine if the media had reported it as "black terrorism" back then?!
edit on 5-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Islam is a religion. "White people" are groups of folks defined by their skin colour, "race" and genetic heritage? Which actually makes the term "white terrorism" a racist term - racist to white people.

racist and bigotry broad strokes of the paint brush are no different really.

I think that was the point trying to be made,

Yes White terrorism can easily be seen and interpreted as a racist term just as Islamic terrorism can be interpreted as being bigoted towards followers of Islam.

Both can also be seen as very simple way maybe crafted intentionally as such to describe an event in a way that will cause divide, anger in some and agreement in others.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Not sure where the word *most* is in my post.

But research is clear on this, by every measure boys suffer the most from a broken family.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Not sure where the word *most* is in my post.

But research is clear on this, by every measure boys suffer the most from a broken family.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.

I was however saying that the vast majority of folks who may have come from a broken family do not then go out and massacres dozens of innocent folks in broad daylight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join