It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we even entertain the loss of freedoms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So we have a couple of people in this thread who don't want freedoms.

And it's still page one.

Interesting.

Not really, they are free to not want them if they feel they don't need them.

Some guy: "I don't need these freedoms, so I don't want them."

Me: "Good for you."

Some guy: "Because I don't want them, you shouldn't have them either."

Me: "Woah, wait a minute. Back that truck up. Not gonna happen."

Just want to applaud you on being so succinct in posting. You hit that nail solid there! Attaboy!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The JFK Coup caused a National Identity crisis...Stockholm Syndrome...America is only just now beginning to wake up and fight for positive healing and change.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Because the sheep are too weak and the social-engineers are too strong.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well and with some things they want to give the freedom up for (health care), they realize they cannot get the government to take care of them unless they force it take care of everybody which is why they're wanting to take away the rest of our independence.

A single payer system won't work unless we're all in it. Actually, it won't work even then, but that's not the subject of this discussion.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

And it's still page one.

Interesting.

Oooh yea. More freedom! More guns.
more dead.

The fact that you can articulate a valid point, and just say, you don't want freedom if you don't want guns is telling.
What a joke

But hey the economy is doing good (we think)

edit on 4-8-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

And it's still page one.

Interesting.
I guess some people were born submissives.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

FEAR.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You embrace the loss of freedoms.

Own it.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The only freedom anybody needs is the MSM 😃

Nothing else matters at all😃

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Guns aren’t the problem and I hate guns.
Americans have been armed to the teeth for well over a hundred years but these kids going on rampages is a fairly recent phenomena.

Anything can be used as a weapon, a dissatisfied, psychotic suicidal youth if willing to pick up a gun and kill people would have no qualms about getting behind the wheel of a car/truck and joyriding down a busy street to much the same effect.

Guns didn’t make these kids kill people so by focusing on them it’s not really helping anything, the reason WHY this is happening needs to be seriously looked at and addressed

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

FEAR.

ANXIETY.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

A serious question.

There are innocent people dying because of our choices to be free with our firearms.

What is your solution to stop these sorts of mass killings?
edit on 4-8-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

FEAR.

ANXIETY.

All of the negative emotions are preyed upon and induced to make us react in illogical ways.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Guns aren’t the problem and I hate guns.
Americans have been armed to the teeth for well over a hundred years but these kids going on rampages is a fairly recent phenomena.

Anything can be used as a weapon, a dissatisfied, psychotic suicidal youth if willing to pick up a gun and kill people would have no qualms about getting behind the wheel of a car/truck and joyriding down a busy street to much the same effect.

Guns didn’t make these kids kill people so by focusing on them it’s not really helping anything, the reason WHY this is happening needs to be seriously looked at and addressed

Some people just don't get it, get emotional, assume they are arguing a "logical" point when in fact it's nothing but "emotion" and usually a point not of their own creation, but someones elses point they have "fallen" for. Because of emotions.

When you actually break the components up and move further down the chain of a situation, you don't land on the weapon of choice, you usually land on the thing before that. The person that had the will do commit the act.

What's more dangerous?

A man, with no intent or will to kill innocent people, that's holding a loaded ar15 rifle?

Or A man, with a will and desire to slaughter random/innocent people, that's holding a butchers knife?

Sure, obviously one weapon is more deadly, but the real factor is the person, their desire to kill and what we should be talking about...WHY they want to do it.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

A serious question.

There are innocent people dying because of our choices to be free with our firearms.

What is your solution to stop these sorts of mass killings?

So you'd be willing to give up your freedoms because someone did something terrible?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

No, people died because one poor excuse for a human executed them.
He ALONE is responsible.

Should we ban all cars because of drunk drivers?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

A lot of people die to cars and alcohol a day.

I'd rather have society teach the younger ones how to be responsible with tools than take away said tools.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'd rather have society teach the younger ones how to be responsible with tools than take away said tools.

Nice tweet, kind of surprised actually.

Seems lately Neil usually spouts some pretty stupid things.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Nice tweet, kind of surprised actually.

Seems lately Neil usually spouts some pretty stupid things.

I'm sure his profession of being a scientist has him more analytical than many. He knows that being reactionary with an emotional drive isn't a solution....

Just my guess.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Human is not to gun as wolf is to teeth. It is the natural order of things for a wolf to kill a sheep with its teeth.

I think sheep have more sense than the author of the analogy, because it's rather likely they would simply avoid the larger object attached to the teeth (i.e., the wolf), than inflict harm and pain on themselves.

Maybe part of our problem is that it's getting harder and harder to avoid the wolves because they're dressed in sheep's cl---well, you know.

What should the sheep do? Become wolves? Ludicrous. It's just a lazy lazy analogy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join