It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Mother of Slain Soldier Says his Life "Wasted" in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
PFC Daniel Anderson is a hero. He died in the cause of freedom, so that the likes of his pathetic mother, dgtempe, soficrow, and countless others here and elsewhere can abuse their own liberties, which have been bought with the blood of those whose boots they are not worthy to lick.

PFC Anderson did not die for Bush in the sense that some here may claim, but he did die for every American and every soul on earth who desires to be free. For as long as there is a free state on this planet, PFC Anderson's name will be synonymous with courage and honor and his memory will held in the same regard that all freedom-loving, mature, right-thinking people hold those who have done what Daniel Anderson has done.

Daniel Anderson recognized a cause greater than himself and he was willing to sacrifice all to further that cause. Just like Bush and the rest of us, Daniel Anderson did not cause or even ask for this war, but he had the sense of duty and courage to stand up and answer the call of duty when so many others can muster only the will to post disparaging statements to the internet.

Long live the memory of this courageous and honorable man. Because of him, his children, his loved ones, including his ignorant mother, and the rest of us have a better opportunity to grow up and live the promise of Liberty and every other value that has made life in America the dream of all the down-trodden of planet Earth.

[edit on 05/3/4 by GradyPhilpott]

AMEN!!!
Thank God there are people like this who truly understand.

Excellent post!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
As a mother of two children I will be as upset as the mother in the link to this thread, if any of my children die in a war that was build on lies for profits, Bush is not worth it, of any of these lives and they are not fighting for any of our liberties either, keep defending the lies and keep making nices excused for the waste of our love ones they are heros alright they have become heros of something they can not control.

Its a shame and a disgrace to our troops and our nation.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
As I wouldn't be myself, Marg, but as par...:

Its a shame and a disgrace to our troops and our nation.

...you missed that there are 66-60% of military personel who think and feel otherwise.

Sixty-three percent of respondents approve of the way President Bush is handling the war, and 60 percent remain convinced it is a war worth fighting. And support for the war is even greater among those who have served longest in the combat zone: Two-thirds of combat vets say the war is worth fighting.

You see, I have no problem with the opinion of any of you or those against this war in Iraq. My problem is when those within the military, who are agreeing with and supporting this war' in Iraq, and who are fighting in and supporting this 'war' in Iraq are being generalized, stereotyped, and trivialized.

And that is the true shame, the true disgrace.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Seekerof, the true shame and true disgrace in this thread is this:

He died in the cause of freedom, so that the likes of his pathetic mother, dgtempe, soficrow, and countless others here and elsewhere can abuse their own liberties, which have been bought with the blood of those whose boots they are not worthy to lick
As stated by Grady.

I dont care about the slam on myself, but to say this about the mother goes to show you the caliber of this person.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont care about the slam on myself, but to say this about the mother goes to show you the caliber of this person.

You're unworthy to judge my caliber and any mother who would denigrate the patriotic sacrifice of her own son, even in bereavement, is a disgrace to her son and her nation.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think that the post was a littler to strong and the mother of the soldier deserve more respect.

I agree with you Dg, but Seekerof will not do anything about it because he obviously agree with it.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Points to the above poll and quoted section.

seekerof

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Seekerof]

I mean honestly, you are letting common sense be overrun by a highly dubious poll.

2004 Poll
How we did it

On Nov. 8, we mailed questionnaires to 6,000 people drawn at random from our subscriber list. Recipients were asked to mail their answers to an independent firm that machine-tabulated the results to guarantee anonymity. We stopped processing incoming questionnaires Dec. 20.

About 4,300 of the 6,000 people who received questionnaires turned out to be on active duty. Of those, 1,423 responded, a 33 percent response rate. The margin of error in the survey is plus or minus 2.6 percent.

Those polled differ from the military as a whole in important ways. They tend to be older, higher in rank and more career-oriented. Even so, it is perhaps the most representative independent sample possible because of the inherent challenges in polling servicemen and women, according to polling experts and military sociologists.

The poll has come to be viewed by some as a barometer of the professional career military.

Yeah, I bet the older, higher rank, the ones who aren't getting killed, just think this war is peachy. Let's ask the boot on the ground. The one who has been over extended, underfunded. I doubt he has an Army Times subscription.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by curme]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Excuse me?!

as posted by Marg
I agree with you Dg, but Seekerof will not do anything about it because he obviously agree with it.

You have no clue to what I agree with or not.
As for the two of you having fits over Grady's comments, objectively, he was within his rights to give his opinion. Just as you two have given your like type opinions in other topic threads. But all of a sudden, because of the nature of this topic, your having a problem when a member asserts his opinion on this matter? Okie Dokie.

Poor taste or not, there is always the suggestion/complaint feature. The entire staff can then review this matter.

But to accuse me of agreeing to this members post because I have not openly addressed it is nothing but an unfounded and unwarrented assertion and assumption.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Excuse me?!

You are excused.

Poor taste or not, there is always the suggestion/complaint feature. The entire staff can then review this matter.

But to accuse me of agreeing to this members post because I have not openly addressed it is nothing but an unfounded and unwarrented assertion and assumption.

seekerof

Its nice to know that you understand what poor taste is I was wondering about that one, and I am glad also that you do not agree with the insult to the grieving mother in the link, I would have been very disappointed on you Seekerof.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

PFC Daniel Anderson is a hero. He died in the cause of freedom, so that the likes of his pathetic mother, dgtempe, soficrow, and countless others here and elsewhere can abuse their own liberties, which have been bought with the blood of those whose boots they are not worthy to lick.

PFC Anderson did not die for Bush in the sense that some here may claim, but he did die for every American and every soul on earth who desires to be free. For as long as there is a free state on this planet, PFC Anderson's name will be synonymous with courage and honor and his memory will be held in the same regard that all freedom-loving, mature, right-thinking people hold those who have done what Daniel Anderson has done.

Daniel Anderson recognized a cause greater than himself and he was willing to sacrifice all to further that cause. Just like Bush and the rest of us, Daniel Anderson did not cause or even ask for this war, but he had the sense of duty and courage to stand up and answer the call of duty when so many others can muster only the will to post disparaging statements to the internet.

Long live the memory of this courageous and honorable man. Because of him, his children, his loved ones, including his ignorant mother, and the rest of us have a better opportunity to grow up and live the promise of Liberty and every other value that has made life in America the dream of all the down-trodden of planet Earth.

[edit on 05/3/4 by GradyPhilpott]

You have voted GradyPhilpott for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

So has my wonderful husband of 27 years. Only he wasnt wounded physically. You're not the only old marine out there.
There are thousands of Marines out there.
It appears your wounds are of a psychological nature. Get over it. You're shellshocked.

I said I was in good company. Indeed, I do have psychological wounds, as do many who have endured the unendurable so pathetic ingrates like you can insensitively order us to "get over it" and scoff at the deaths of those who die for you.

if it wasn't for you, grady, would all americans be speaking arabic right now? Or Vietnamese? Or Korean? Or Spanish? Would Saddam have taken over the US? Are you a defender of liberties or an enforcer of imperialism? Every war since WWII the US has been involved in was a war of aggression, not of defence. You are not a hero, and you have been deceived. Murder is murder, whether it is state-sponsored or not. And in your case, it didn't help bring anyone peace. Only more war.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by General Zapata]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

as posted by Marg
Its nice to know that you understand what poor taste is I was wondering about that one, and I am glad also that you do not agree with the insult to the grieving mother in the link, I would have been very disappointed on you Seekerof.

Huh?
You accused me, but then excused me?

Furthemore:
How you gathered all that out of what you quoted me saying is beyond me. I would seriously refrain from assuming.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

if it wasn't for you, grady, would all americans be speaking arabic right now? Or Vietnamese? Or Korean? Or Spanish? Would Saddam have taken over the US? Are you a defender of liberties or an enforcer of imperialism? Every war since WWII the US has been involved in was a war of aggression, not of defence. You are not a hero, and you have been deceived. Murder is murder, whether it is state-sponsored or not. And in your case, it didn't help bring anyone peace. Only more war.

I think you think far to highly of humanity in general. Look to the past and look how many wars were out of spite or agression. Many people think just because we have intelligence we set ourselves apart from the animals and primal instincts. IMO, not true. We are what we are and I honestly feel that any man or woman who realize this and are willing to become a soldier, fight for their country, and know that they could die and still do it are worthy indeed of praise.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by zensunni]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata

If this is so, how come I'm living in a country that is currently free thanks to US defense of Europe in WW2 and it's strong opposition to Soviet Union? What if Soviet Union/Nazis conquered most of Eurasia, would they not come for US eventually? Would many countries in Europe/Asia/Middle East/Latin America be now free as they are without US demonstrating its willingness to stop evil regimes?

World without US would be a miserable place...

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Megaquad]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zensunni
We are what we are and I honestly feel that any man or woman who realize this and are willing to become a soldier, fight for their country, and know that they could die and still do it are worthy indeed of praise.

Why is it that self-sacrifice is always heroic, no matter how dubious or downright ludicrous the cause? Surely the merits of sacrifice must be judged alongside the cause the sacrifice was made for, not merely because a sacrifice was made. Is an aztec being sacrificed to the sun god heroic?

and megasquad, a world without the US would be a far more peaceful place, since it is currently (and has been for a while) the most widely hated nation on earth.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by General Zapata]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would really like to know why the United States of the America is the most hated country in the world. I'm not an american but I definately don't hate them.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Apparently you have no clue to what you have just generalized and trivialized about those in the military, do you?
*shakes head*

Uhhh, yeah....right....ok.

As regards this particular war and the president who rushed headlong into it I do have a clue. Those who were already in the military didn't have a choice but to go. Anyone joining up after the invasion should be better informed. This war was not about freedom and anyone who continues to believe it has their head in the sand.

You have the right to believe what you like Seekerof, as do I. I choose to question - why the all-fired rush to invade? And just who is benefitting from all of this? From what I can see, its certainly not U.S. nor Iraqi citizens.

As per my signature...if ignorance is bliss, there's a bunch of people here skipping around the room.

G'night!

[edit on 4/3/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zensunni
I would really like to know why the United States of the America is the most hated country in the world. I'm not an american but I definately don't hate them.

You cant tell by the sheer arrogance here?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I understand peoples feelings about the war in Iraq.... but if the USA never existed ... there would just be another country in its stead. There's always the top dog and simply because it just so happens to be the US I don't think they should be hated.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
if it wasn't for you, grady, would all americans be speaking arabic right now? Or Vietnamese? Or Korean? Or Spanish?

The answer is no. However, those of us who fought in Korea and Vietnam battled against the global threat of communism and helped to bring down the Berlin Wall. Don't blame me and my loyal brethren who fought in Vietnam for the actions of those of John Kerry's ilk who through their actions allowed the communists to take over and enslave South Vietnam a full two years after the withdrawal of US combat troops.

Would Saddam have taken over the US?

Probably not, but he would continue to be a threat to his region and would be pushing the limits of the UN resolution against him and providing a haven for terrorists.

Are you a defender of liberties or an enforcer of imperialism?

Are you a human or a monkey? Where is the US empire? Where are our colonies? Any more stupid questions?

Every war since WWII the US has been involved in was a war of aggression, not of defence. You are not a hero, and you have been deceived.

Every war that has been fought by the US has been fought to defend either ourselves or those who have entered into a treaty with us for mutual defense.

I am not a hero.

It is you who is either decieved or willfully ignorant.

Murder is murder, whether it is state-sponsored or not. And in your case, it didn't help bring anyone peace. Only more war.

More ignorance. Homicide is not always murder. My conscience is clear with regard to the lives I have taken. Those whom I have killed were either trying to kill me or my fellows.

No war has ever nor will ever bring perpetual peace, but war has done much to bring freedom to those who are willing to fight for it and to continue to defend it.

Too bad people like you benefit from the sacrifice of those who are willing to defend liberty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join