It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Mother of Slain Soldier Says his Life "Wasted" in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Pfc. Daniel Anderson, a 29-year-old native of Corpus Christi, Texas, died Sunday in Iraq. "He was there two weeks and three days. I feel like his life was wasted," says his mother Patricia Brady. Anderson leaves his wife and two children to mourn his passing. "We've been fighting war for how many thousands of years for peace and look where we are," said Mrs. Brady. "We have to learn how to get along."

www.accessnorthga.com
The grieving Tennessee mother of a soldier who died in a shootout at a Baghdad checkpoint says the war in Iraq "wasted" his life.

Pfc. Daniel Anderson, a 29-year-old native of Corpus Christi, Texas, died Sunday while serving with the 3rd Infantry Division based out of Fort Stewart, Ga.

"He was there two weeks and three days. I feel like his life was wasted," Patricia Brady said Wednesday. "A lot of people say he's a hero, but to me his life was wasted along with many others."

Anderson leaves behind a wife, a 6-year-old stepson and a 6-month-old son, Noah.

"We've been fighting war for how many thousands of years for peace and look where we are," she said. "We have to learn how to get along."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So few soldiers of the Iraq occupation are recognized for giving their lives. There are too many, too often. It's not news.

Missiles are news. Blustering stand offs make the headlines. But dead 29 year old young men with 6-month-old babies aren't sexy enough to get coverage.

Wars make people dead and leave babies without fathers. There isn't much glory in it and really, it's not very exciting. Still, my thanks to Daniel Anderson and my condolences to his family. It didn't have to happen. Maybe next time it won't.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Any death caused by a "war" is a total waste, in my honest opinion.

I wonder if anyone will try to condemn her for her heartfelt words.

Sad stuff, the fact that the overall cause is hollow makes it even worse.

X

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Man this is so damn sad. Poor child no longer has a real father and wife no longer has a good husband. This builds more and more rage inside of me towards everything evil in this world.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As bad as I feel for this man's family, it's important to note that he was an adult volunteer serving in a professional army. He knew what the consequences of his service could be when he signed up and by calling his death a 'waste' his mother is insulting his decision to volunteer for the Army.

Also... by running this story as one of its top headlines, ATS 'News' network is just revealing it's strong anti-war bias. A news story reports facts... propaganda and opinion play with emotions for the sake of producing specific political results. Perhaps it's time for ATS to just describe itself as an anti-war website?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
anti-war and you call it Bias? immange if every living soal on the planet had a anti-war bias. Who would then fight?
Mabby we have no choice at times but to fight but that doesent make it a good thing and there will never be way to to justifi it .
in thousands of years nothing good has ever come of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This soldier should have thought this thru before joining. Nobody forced him to sign, he joined because he wanted to help Bush's cause. Now he's dead and leaves a family to suffer. I feel very badly for the family he left behind.

You know, once you're dead- its over.

My advice is not to go or you risk your life, for what??? Bush?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I feel sorry for this family, real sorrow, but I feel sorrow and pity for the families of lost loved ones that continue to say their son or daughter died fighting for our freedom. I fought in a war like this one--fought forthe wrong reasons.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
PFC Daniel Anderson is a hero. He died in the cause of freedom, so that the likes of his pathetic mother, dgtempe, soficrow, and countless others here and elsewhere can abuse their own liberties, which have been bought with the blood of those whose boots they are not worthy to lick.

PFC Anderson did not die for Bush in the sense that some here may claim, but he did die for every American and every soul on earth who desires to be free. For as long as there is a free state on this planet, PFC Anderson's name will be synonymous with courage and honor and his memory will be held in the same regard that all freedom-loving, mature, right-thinking people hold those who have done what Daniel Anderson has done.

Daniel Anderson recognized a cause greater than himself and he was willing to sacrifice all to further that cause. Just like Bush and the rest of us, Daniel Anderson did not cause or even ask for this war, but he had the sense of duty and courage to stand up and answer the call of duty when so many others can muster only the will to post disparaging statements to the internet.

Long live the memory of this courageous and honorable man. Because of him, his children, his loved ones, including his ignorant mother, and the rest of us have a better opportunity to grow up and live the promise of Liberty and every other value that has made life in America the dream of all the down-trodden of planet Earth.

[edit on 05/3/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
He joined voluntarily, not as a conscripted soldier. His loss was one that was totally his own choice and for that nobody should be too upset since he died doing what he wanted to do. The only people to feel sorry about in this struggle are those who have been conscripted into this war. That being the Iraqi people.

Yes its sad that he left behind a family that somehow now has to find a way to survive without him, but that was his of his own choosing that he decided to have a family while engaged in the most dangerous job known to man.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"PFC Daniel Anderson is a hero. He died in the cause of freedom, so that the likes of his pathetic mother, dgtempe, soficrow, and countless others here and elsewhere can abuse their own liberties, which have been bought with the blood of those whose boots they are not worthy to lick."

Grady, you are something else. 'nuff said.

EDIT; not suitable for posting

[edit on 4-3-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Like PFC Anderson, I have contributed to the cause of liberty by serving my country to the extent of having gone to war and having been severely wounded and having been loyal to my nation and its ideals.

Indeed, I am something else, and thank God, I am in good company.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So has my wonderful husband of 27 years. Only he wasnt wounded physically. You're not the only old marine out there.
There are thousands of Marines out there.
It appears your wounds are of a psychological nature. Get over it. You're shellshocked.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
PFC Anderson - You will be remembered.

Like him, I served my country as well. I can honestly say, any man lost is too many.

The men and women who serve this country should always be kept in our thoughts and prayers. They put their life on the line just to keep everyone free, and let those people have opinion - no matter what it would be. God Bless PFC. Daniel Anderson and his family.

-wD

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
PFC Daniel Anderson is a hero. He died in the cause of freedom, so that the likes of his pathetic mother, dgtempe, soficrow, and countless others here and elsewhere can abuse their own liberties, which have been bought with the blood of those whose boots they are not worthy to lick.

If you believe this then this is no hope for you Grady and I feel sorry for you. The poor man, God rest him, did not die for the cause of freedom. He bought a line, and ended up dying and leaving his child fatherless and his wife husbandless for the cause of pure greed and power mongering. He died to line the pockets of big defence corporations and the likes of the Carlyle Group, from which Bush and Cheney et al benefit financially. He died because the oil in the middle east is just below the surface instead of thousands of feet down like in the U.S., where it has to be flushed out with millions upon millions of gallons of water.

Saddam was no threat to the western world...his military was kaput as a result of the sanctions. There was no WMD and BushCo. knew it.

Believe what you want, but please don't try and sell the freedom line here, most people here are too smart and too aware to buy it.

[edit on 4/3/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't think it's totally his fault if he died in these circumstances. He jumped into the army probably for either one or both of these reasons: in the hope of serving his country and/or having a better career rather than ending with awful jobs in telemarketing or in factories. Nw he died for the wrong reasons, and that's the tragedy here... He died for the special interests of a network of crooked politicians and businessmens rather than for peace in his country, and instead of having a shiming professional future through the Army, he was killed... he lost everything, and his family will never see him again. I know these are harsh words, but that's the sad truth... and the truth of thousands of families in the US who lost their sons or fathers in a deceitful, unjustified war.

Let's pray for these families, folks. And let's fight, peacefully, against this terrible administration who has already destroyed most of what was still good about America.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

as posted by AlwaysLearning
If you believe this then this is no hope for you Grady and I feel sorry for you.

If what your saying is correct, then there is "no hope" and you "feel sorry" for these folks too, huh?

Sixty-three percent of respondents approve of the way President Bush is handling the war, and 60 percent remain convinced it is a war worth fighting. And support for the war is even greater among those who have served longest in the combat zone: Two-thirds of combat vets say the war is worth fighting.

We asked what you think. You told us. Troops retain strong support for war

Believe what you want, but please don't try and sell the freedom line here, most people here are too smart and too aware to buy it.

Points to the above poll and quoted section.

seekerof

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

So has my wonderful husband of 27 years. Only he wasnt wounded physically. You're not the only old marine out there.
There are thousands of Marines out there.
It appears your wounds are of a psychological nature. Get over it. You're shellshocked.

I said I was in good company. Indeed, I do have psychological wounds, as do many who have endured the unendurable so pathetic ingrates like you can insensitively order us to "get over it" and scoff at the deaths of those who die for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
If what your saying is correct, then there is "no hope" and you "feel sorry" for these folks too, huh?

Sixty-three percent of respondents approve of the way President Bush is handling the war, and 60 percent remain convinced it is a war worth fighting. And support for the war is even greater among those who have served longest in the combat zone: Two-thirds of combat vets say the war is worth fighting.

We asked what you think. You told us. Troops retain strong support for war

Yes, I would feel sorry for anyone who thinks this war was worth fighting or that it was a fight for freedom. Indicates serious brain-washeditis, especially two years later. Those who haven't woken up and smelled the coffee yet, never will.

All the information is out there, you just have to seek it, seekerof...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How many other soliders have fallen and yet they do not complain of wasted life? War is hell, it doesn't matter how long you are there or what you do. You served for your country and that is all that matters. It doesn't matter what cause flawed or not, it matters that you died for your country. Look at the crosses in Flanders field, yes they died because of poor diplomacy and greed, but they died for their countries soveriegnty. Iraq is not for our soveriegnty, but theirs. France, Belgium and Spain helped us win ours. Freedom is a thing that should be given to those who want it. Human life is something that can never be replaced, but freedom is priceless too. God bless the troops and the soliders who have gone before them.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes, I would feel sorry for anyone who thinks this war was worth fighting or that it was a fight for freedom. Indicates serious brain-washeditis, especially two years later. Those who haven't woken up and smelled the coffee yet, never will.

Apparently you have no clue to what you have just generalized and trivialized about those in the military, do you?
*shakes head*

All the information is out there, you just have to seek it, seekerof...

Uhhh, yeah....right....ok.

seekerof

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join