It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Millennium War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The increased escalation of political violence is far beyond the conversation of guns, mental health, or any other issue. The identitarians on the right and left are dragging everyone into what will soon be a real hot war.

The goal of the NZ shooter and the El Paso shooter was to create the conditions for major internal conflict among the world powers. We need to tread carefully, but I fear it is too late. Radical global change doesn't come from the cooler-heads of society, it comes from the fringes, the radicals, the agitators, and they are NEVER the majority.

Their actions do, however, force the hand of the majority and in that manner, they are able to control in what direction the country moves. We are being manipulated. The government manipulates us, the media manipulates us, our own sensibilities betray us.

We are struggling immensely to cope with the new world the 21st century has foisted upon us. The social changes, the truths revealed, the emergence of decentralized economies, the shattering of Industrial Revolution era economics and ideologies, that rapid change in technologies that are tearing at the fabric of our world views, and the realization of just how transformative and central to our lives these technologies have been.

It will be like what was foisted upon the world in the first decade and a half of the 20th century. No one knew the depths of how far technology had come. No one could have prepared Europe and the world for the insanity of a world at war for the first time with modern weapons and industry. Indeed, within the first year of the Great War millions had already perished on all sides at the pointy ends of new technologies few had really understood.

I fear we have arrived at another such junction in human events. There is mass confusion, global powers are on the move and acting to protect themselves from what is coming, the world powers of today are starting to be dragged down by social unrest and political violence, foreign and private actors with immense wealth are moving their own chess pieces around on the board and cutting little nicks on the periphery of the fabric of the American Empire.

We are beyond the point of no return. The guns have come out in the service of ideology and no gun control or mental health legislation can stop the escalation that is coming. These are the final throws of communism and fascism as the world leaves them behind. Technology has ground many of our ideologies into dust and like dust, it will all be swept away, but not before there is blood in the streets and whole nations disappear in the conflagration to come.

People will ignore the lessons here and substitute their own reality. They will make this about their own political religion as they march into the fire of the war they helped stoke.

Get ready. The Great Millennium War is coming.
edit on 8 4 2019 by projectvxn because: Grammar edits. There may be more coming.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The nihilistic are being unleashed as planned.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It's what they want. They will drag us all down with them.

We probably could still pull away from all of this, but I think the identitarians have managed to get a serious grip on the country.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Calm yourself, there is no war coming, it’s just right wing terrorism and it’s been going on for decades. Might be a bit worse just now but it’s not going to start a war.

I do think there are a lot of fantasists who have a weird fetish over the idea of some me kind of war of political ideology but it’s very much a sick fringe thing from what I can see.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

it’s very much a sick fringe thing from what I can see.

This is exactly my point though. To wit:

Radical global change doesn't come from the cooler-heads of society, it comes from the fringes, the radicals, the agitators, and they are NEVER the majority.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

For once, I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We will have to see what happens during the 2020 elections.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It's what they want. They will drag us all down with them.

We probably could still pull away from all of this, but I think the identitarians have managed to get a serious grip on the country.

It isn't exclusive to the United States.

If the citizenship of a country is too civilised, the psychopaths will be imported.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is why it will happen:

RIVER
We meddle.

TEACHER
River?

RIVER
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run don't walk we're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.

TEACHER
River, we're not telling people what to think. We're just trying to show them how.

-Serenity

Every time the left comes around and wants the government to take control of this or that for the people, I think of this part of the movie.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see which one of the dystopian novels I used to read as a youth, comes closest to being reality.

Not having any kids to experience it is a blessing. I used to be an idealist and think that man's rational nature would win out in the end. Looks like I was wrong. I have ceased to care...Come on in Big Brother...doors open!

edit on 4-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Calm yourself, there is no war coming, it’s just right wing terrorism and it’s been going on for decades. Might be a bit worse just now but it’s not going to start a war.

it’s just left wing terrorism and it’s been going on for decades. There fix it.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It will be interesting to see which one of the dystopian novels I used to read comes closest to being reality.

It'll probably be the worst parts, with none of the cool technology.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see which one of the dystopian novels I used to read as a youth, comes closest to being reality.
a reply to: olaru12

Pick nearly anything from Philip K Dick. He was good at describing how much we F'd up.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Said the guy typing on a cool piece of machinery...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

We actually have a ton of cool technology.

There are things coming that will be game-changers when they are mainstreamed.

It's those changes that are making things hard for people to cope with. The world has changed so rapidly and technology is advancing so quickly that it is difficult for people to keep up.

Now we have Elon Musk entering the fray with brain-computer interfacing systems.

We are there man.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

If my car isn't flying and I can't shoot people with lasers, you can keep your dystopia.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Cyberpunk maybe.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

We actually have a ton of cool technology.

There are things coming that will be game-changers when they are mainstreamed.

It's those changes that are making things hard for people to cope with. The world has changed so rapidly and technology is advancing so quickly that it is difficult for people to keep up.

Now we have Elon Musk entering the fray with brain-computer interfacing systems.

We are there man.

In all seriousness, you're right. The technology that is coming down the pipeline is going to require a major shift in society to accommodate it. And a lot of peoples attitudes today are based in resisting change any way they can.

There will be a rift, no doubt. The thing to watch for is the politicization of these new technologies.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

This won't change anything. It will only spur one side to action or the other, MAYBE.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join