It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90's was the best year for humanity.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Before my time but my most listened to music is from the 50s-60s.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Don't forget that the people raised in the 80's and 90's are the ones in charge today screwing everything up.

That and your grandparents were saying the same thing during the 80's and 90's.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Don't forget that the people raised in the 80's and 90's are the ones in charge today screwing everything up.

That and your grandparents were saying the same thing during the 80's and 90's.

That is in fact a lie. Who do you think controls the gov and say who the enemy is going to be? Still going on? Real 90's people are not really warmongers due to the 90's media. Today's media though is all propaganda. Who do you think order it to be propaganda again? Old people. Why you think the military is dying and who you think is trying to force recruit? 90's people has a lot of saying to you old folks out there. Stop causing War and actually bring out the tech.

Remember they say we will have flying cars in the future for millenniums. Oh right that is a total lie.
edit on 4-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I will call your Phantom Menace and raise you The Matrix, Fight Club and Eyes Wide Shut.

I see your Matrix, Fight Club and Eyes Wide Shut, and raise you Spice World and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

I refuse to confirm or deny seeing either one.

Don't make me whip out The Green Mile!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The 90s people are the ones heavily invested in identity politics, and passing it on to the next gen.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh, lord, Phantom Menace ... the first movie to actually trigger a migraine. It was that battle between the gungans and the battle droids.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The 90s people are the ones heavily invested in identity politics, and passing it on to the next gen.

I disagree.

The Nineties were the years of Grunge, Gangsta Rap and Rave music am0ng other genres . Good times for the music industry and people of all backgrounds. This obsession with race is manufactured by the 21st Century MSM.

The majority of people aren't racist but the MSM are making sure as hell that you think they are.

"Identity Politics" is just a horse sh!t agenda that has come about from leftist corporations trying to brainwash regular people into hating themselves for having thoughts about stuff.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not in the 90s. Maybe it was consolidated to a smaller area, but in the Boston area it was strong.

RaTM

Yeah I'm rollin' down Rodeo with a shotgun
These people ain't seen a, brown-skinned man
Since their grandparents bought one

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well those lyrics make me want to culturally appropriate so f#cking hard.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Next time you see a Mexican restaurant or taco truck avoid it. Wouldn't want to appropriate their culture.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Justso

Before my time but my most listened to music is from the 50s-60s.

As I said, it wasn't all about music though. It was a time for peace and possible pro-longed peace til US deep state has fked everyone over. Even China was going through mass changes. Apart from the Colombian drug war in Latin America. Americans can actual travel a lot more safely than others and be seen as a good people compare to today. Especially to Iran. Not so today.
edit on 4-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would have said the 70s , if I had remembered the 70s
"If you remember the 70s , you weren't there"

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The 90s were great.

But there’s one word that will forever be associated with that decade and will make it a stain on history .

Clinton

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wasnt NAFTA near the end of the 90's? That alone makes it one of the worse decades ever. The damage it's done to the USA and continues to do is horrible.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Maybe it was for the society you lived in

But not for humanity as a whole.

It was during the 90s that Europe had seen the worst massacres since WW2.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Maybe it was for the society you lived in

But not for humanity as a whole.

It was during the 90s that Europe had seen the worst massacres since WW2.

Many younger Gen X & older Millennial Americans were/are legitimately oblivious to conflicts over there during the 90's. Or even just globally in general, Americans tend to have an absurdly myopic view of the world. I have a friend who thought the Bosnian war was the Balkan war...and they thought it referred to the Falkland Islands spat. "Oh, yeah, the British and the Brazilians were fighting over that island, right?"

So many things wrong with that much incorrect information from someone pushing 40 years old.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Don't forget 6th sense.

Ah yes. Another classic from '99.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Wasnt NAFTA near the end of the 90's? That alone makes it one of the worse decades ever. The damage it's done to the USA and continues to do is horrible.

Yes, that was near the end of 90's where everything started to turn bad and all the hijacking begins by old greedy folks.

Seatle Protest

Protest does nothing, nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The Bosnian war was a joke and a mess. This what happens when you try to form a giant country with multiple languages with no bilingual laws(Hint: French Canadians). Just like Austria-Hungary in WW1.
edit on 5-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

The Bosnian war was a joke and a mess. This what happens when you try to form a giant country with multiple languages with no bilingual laws(Hint: French Canadians). Just like Austria-Hungary in WW1.

I would love it if you went to visit and speak to people in either Croatia, Serbia or Bosnia and started saying how the 90s was the best time for humanity.

Word would spread quite quick of your voiced opinions or as some would say, stupidity that would be insulting to peoples experiences over there and I would almost guarantee that you would eventually be confronted by a person or persons who had their young children executed while hiding in schools, executed by blow torches and had their skulls smashed in by hammers. That was the sort of atrocities experienced by those peoples.

If you would be able to walk away from such an encounter after spewing such ignorance you may learn a thing or 2 about how the 90s wasn't very pleasant for humanity.

When the former Yugoslavia started to break up with Slovenia and Croatia trying to claim independence and war breaking out that lead to the worst atrocities Europe had experienced since WW2, How were the 90s the best time for humanity?

As I said previously you could claim that it was the best for your society/community but in no way can you say it was for humanity, Its insulting and shows an extreme level of ignorance.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join