It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Forces Wound Freed Hostage in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I just read this article. I am now more than ever, sure that it is time to pull our troops out and bring them home.

By PATRICK QUINN Associated Press Writer
The Associated PressThe Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq Mar 4, 2005 — American forces fired on a car carrying a freed Italian hostage as it approached a checkpoint in Baghdad on Friday, killing an Italian intelligence officer and wounding three others, including the just-released journalist, Italian officials said.

Now can we please get our heads out of our arses? I would love to go one day without reading how our troops are being shot, or that they have shot another innocent person. I completly support the troops and I hope that each one makes it home alive, but for cripes sakes can we please get some leadership over there that will keep stuff like this from happenning?

Here is what Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi had to say about it:

"Given that the fire came from an American source I called in the American ambassador," Berlusconi told reporters before the U.S. statement acknowledging that coalition forces shot at the vehicle. "I believe we must have an explanation for such a serious incident, for which someone must take the responsibility."

If we cant figure a better way out of this mess, we will have no allies left.

Source:
www.newsalerts.com...:top1:9163

[edit on 3/4/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Nevrmind. Just saw the other thread. Mods feel free to close. Thanx anyway

join