It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Scared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've been scared before, but never like this, the word cancer seems to have this effect on me, in which rational thoughts dissappear and only worry and fear seems to sticks around. Today I found out I have one or more cysts on my ovaries and will need a ultrasound and further testing on Tuesday to see if they are malignant, growing or what. But the doctor while informing me that this is fairly common mentioned the word "cancer" and now I am terrified. Now I am stuck with these all thoughts floating around my head for the next few days.

I hope that everything will turn okay and that with some hormone therapy the cysts will go away, but being that my mom had to have a mass hysterectomy because of cysts and tumors, I am worried that I might end the same way. I am deathly afraid of surgery and having to be put under for any sort of procedure, so the knots in my belly just keep getting tighter and tighter the longer I think about this.

I know I shouldn't worry until hearing the outcome of Tuesday's testing, but I can't help it.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sorry to hear you are going through this right now, And Im sure things will be ok,
I have had the same event and it turned out fine,

I understand the fear you are going through right now, Best thing to do is get some support from your friends and try to take your mind of it,

hard i know,

Good luck and i hope all goes well, Ill be thinking of you,

Be sure to let us know what happens,

Asala

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh, I do hope you feel better and everything turns out OK! I am lucky in that (right now) I don't have any serious health issues. Not unless one counts hayfever and really bad sinuses. I believe one day, I will have to have my head operated on, literally, because my sinuses are so bad! Also, I live in a wooded area which is killer on the allergies.

As for any advice, or encouragement, I will say this: RESEARCH! Whatever the doctors tell you, do your OWN research! A doctor is not god, they often do not have the 'best' answer, only the easiest and most familiar.

I personally have not taken drugs (anti-biotics) for close to 20 years and never go to doctors. I am very big into holistic medicine, proper diet, etc. and I am very healthy. Also, I look about 15 years younger than I am! Of course, for very serious things, I urge anyone to get proper care - but in addition- take charge of your own research and look for alternatives. Oftentimes, surgery is not necessary, and in my opinion should be the LAST resort. There is alot of good info regarding homeopathy on the Net. Reading and investigating your condition will also give you a sense of power and de-mystify things. Reading about diet is especially important (I feel) in regards to the reproductive system because alot of foods can screw this up! For example, soy products contain 'phyto estrogens' which can really goof up one's hormones.

I got into the whole 'holistic approach' many many years ago from an old woman I knew as a child. (1970's). The "doctors" diagnosed her with "Scleroderma" (a 'hardening up'/atrophy of all the internals), told her this was a "man made" disease (ie came about from all the meds she had been forced to take over the years) -and- it was hopeless and she would die soon. She did research, went completely natural, never took any more meds - and - lived another 30 YEARS!!!! This is the main reason why I believe in proper diet, nutrition, and letting the body "heal itself". Again, if you really, really NEED surgery or meds, by all means then-you must. A healthy lifestyle does help you though, no harm in being good to oneself. And vitamins, vitamins, vitamins! I take vitamins every day, I feel this is VERY important! The body needs the proper 'building blocks'.

The other thing I find very interesting is the concept of the power of the mind to heal the body. Right now, a friend of mine is recovering from 2 really serious intestinal operations and is very ill and depressed. I am thinking of making a thread on this, either in 'health' or 'spirituality' to try to get some ideas as to how we can get her in a better state of mind. Will do so shortly, I hope to get some interesting ideas.

Well I do hope you feel better! And remember-worrying won't help. I have also come across the opinion that the word "cancer" is a catch-all term for a number of conditions, so don't panic over that. Plus, with advances in medicine, cancer treatment has really advanced. It is not the horror show it used to be.

I am sure everyone here will be keeping good thoughts for you. You will be fine! Take charge and feel empowered, it will banish fear and make you strong!

Take care,
Niki

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
WW, i hope it all turns out ok, i'm certain it will. Best of luck and keep us posted, and if there's anything we can do, just yell.

Take care and God bless

new topics

top topics

join