It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Pastor Speaks Truth to CNNs Bigoted Propaganda Lies.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Did you not read my post? I said I don't think you're racist, I just find it hypocritical to use a man's skin color as some kind of "proof" of anything.

Do you think the Democratic party is racist? I would think so going by the recent trend of calling them racist around here. How can one black man be proof Trump isn't racist yet the Democrats are racist even though they have many more minorities who back them? Seems kinda backwards, or maybe hypocritical is the word I'm looking for?

I don't think Trump is racist but I'm not going to try to use one man as proof of it. Put your pom poms down, it's not some huge deal that a black man supports Trump.

You cheering on that a black man supports Trump simply because he's black kinda gives off a bad perception don't you think? It's like the one guy who brags that he has a black friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I can't count the amount of times I've seen people reference MLK's speech when speaking on something that a Democrat said or did on these boards. If the color of someone's skin doesn't matter then why is it ok the point it out at the very start? Seems kind of hypocritical in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Don Lemon just couldn't come up with a good "gotcha" moment. He tried, but that pastor has twice the life experience as Don. Betsey luck next time Don.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If you watch the original clip you will see after a couple of minutes when they cant get the guy to slam Trump they change the writing at the bottom to call him controversial.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I can't count the amount of times I've seen people reference MLK's speech when speaking on something that a Democrat said or did on these boards. If the color of someone's skin doesn't matter then why is it ok the point it out at the very start? Seems kind of hypocritical in my opinion.

Again, the point is that the left is driven by ideology. The racism talk is merely a smoke screen. I don't think they really think the right is racist so much as they know people aren't going to react with the same intensity to charges of conservatism. You don't burn conservatives at the stake, but you might convince people that racists deserve to be burned. Ergo, conservative thought is now branded as "racist" along with conservatives.

It gets sticky when your conservative (or at least your non-progressive) is someone of a different race than white though because it's harder to brand that person racist because of how so many are taught Critical Race Theory in college. That gets hard for your own side to swallow. People of Color cannot be racist because they don't have power. So Don had take a different tack with this pastor.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Stop "gerrymandering"!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
If you watch the original clip you will see after a couple of minutes when they cant get the guy to slam Trump they change the writing at the bottom to call him controversial.

If the mass murderers were Trump followers, as the idiots at CNN and MSNBC kept insisting today, CNN and MSNBC personnel would be at the top of the list for damage. President Trump repeatedly says liberal MSM is "The Enemy of the People". Not Hispanics, Blacks, etc..

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Off topic, why is this thread not on the front page with a current count of 48 flags?

Not to begrudge you your flags, but I'm not so sure it's a good thing.

Don Lemon knew exactly what he was doing, and this thread and the number of flags (i.e., attention) it's gotten is exactly what he wanted. Those with an axe to grind against Trump -- and therefore this traitorous Black pastor -- ate this up. Because the pastor deserves it for betraying his "people." And those who support Trump are infuriated and see it as a "gotcha" moment and are accordingly outraged and indignant.

In the meantime, no one pays attention to the real story and the genuine accomplishments:

Trump hosts African American pastors and faith leaders at the White House

The PTB can't have a repeat of last year's meeting with Black pastors:

Black Pastors Meet with President Trump to Discuss Prison Reform

Black Pastors Face Backlash after this Meeting with Trump

Trump ‘Most Pro-Black President,’ Pastor Says in White House Meeting

Sacramento black pastor to Trump: You’ve ‘given us a new hope.’ Now he faces a backlash

In the grand scheme of things, Don Lemon's arrogance and contempt for a respected pastor is despicable and disgusting. But it means nothing on its own, only in the wider context and implications for us all.

Just another carefully chosen and manipulated battle in the divide-and-conquer campaign.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

And the thing is that it's not about meeting with black pastors. It's about meeting with a community group who have a need that needs to be addressed and taking the time to listen and get ideas about what needs to be addressed and how that might best be accomplished.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And the thing is that it's not about meeting with black pastors. It's about meeting with a community group who have a need that needs to be addressed and taking the time to listen and get ideas about what needs to be addressed and how that might best be accomplished.

Yes!!! Very well said -- thank you!

The problems we're talking about are not inherent to the Black race itself, but to the specific conditions and circumstances of a particular segment of the population. And Trump's discussions are with the appropriate leaders and members of the affected community.

We can literally leave "Black" and "race" out of the discussion entirely and still address the pertinent issues.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

It really bothered me to hear Lemon speaking to that elder community leader so disrespectfully.
He is the worst.

But that’s what the left wants, useful idiots. Not free individuals.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

That's a very popular but in my opinion simplistic take on the matter.

Could be that the majority on this site are correct in their assumption that the left (but of course not the right, right?) is driven by ideology and the desire for utter domination, while the right is driven by (what, ideals?) and wants total freedom for all.

But I doubt it. From what I see, human sentiments are being manipulated to be on the attack and wedges are intentionally being driven between people and themselves, people and their environment, people and their government, and between other people.

Conflict is being manufactured and we are falling for it like lemmings.

edit on 5-8-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ergo, conservative thought is now branded as "racist" along with conservatives. 

And we definitely don't see anyone on the right dehumanizing and calling people on the left racists do we?

You've only got half the picture. You think the left is being radicalized but the right isn't? Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Lemons are bitter. Their chemistry can be toxic to many people.

This guy lives up to his name. Lemon chemistry is misused a real lot by people, Lemons can make you intolerant to the Sun...so he must be against Christianity since he is intolerant to the Son.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh man this was pretty funny!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

As I see it, the left wants a utopia. The useful idiots think that is possible, and only possible by the right party and government. They are willing to go all in heart and selling their souls to the political party promising the utopia. These sellouts see anyone with an opposing viewpoint the enemy to their perceived utopia.

I believe government results in great evils, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Only a free, educated society that values and has personal freedom can keep a government in check.

I will never get along with the left. I don’t want a government that can dispense healthcare based on an individual’s citizen score for example. And I am afraid that day is coming.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Good point, I agree. It sure got me. I guess I'm not as immune from the propaganda as I think.
Lemon is still a bigoted scum bag though.
I have heard nothing about this meeting with Pastors from the MSM.
edit on 8 5 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Good point, I agree. It sure got me. I guess I'm not as immune from the propaganda as I think.
Lemon is still a bigoted scum bag though.

Well, only because it was absolutely vile and despicable, so of course you were rightfully outraged! Lemon's whole demeanor showed nothing but disdain and contempt and disrespect for a man of the cloth, working damn hard to actually do and accomplish things that Lemon only gives lip service too!

But Lemon has been trained well by his masters, obviously. (And, yes, he is a bigoted scum bag!!!)

I have heard nothing about this meeting with Pastors from the MSM.

Exactly! But it's not working. Word is getting out on the Democrat plantation.

Remember all the public hate and contempt and disdain heaped on Kanye for his Trump meetings and comments? Well, folks are seeing who is walking the walk and who is just talking the talk... Kanye may have stepped away from the public spotlight, but he's not stopping his mission. And his wife is just getting started. I'm expecting another HUGE backlash against them soon... Can't someone off the plantation actually getting the job done, eh?

It should be interesting and enlightening for many!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Here's things as I see them.

I am fairly evenly rooted between party lines. My beliefs cross both and therefore often find myself agreeing with those I consider more reasonable from either side.

I know there is a problem with the middle position also. I see the futility in some of my voting choices (sometimes I vote for a third party which I KNOW doesn't stand a chance. This does sometimes strike me as a cowardly or wishy-washy route. Even if I'm holding my ground by voting for the candidate that most closely represents my ideals.)
I don't always have a firm conviction on the "issues" as they are presented to us ( I say this because I firmly believe in right and wrong, good and evil... no moral relavitism here). I can often see points on both sides or think that neither side has it right. I'm sure my position is just as disputable in many cases. Again, wishy-washy, I know.

So yeah I can see that here in the middle is no better than firmly rooted on either side of the fence.

One thing that DOES concern me, and I see it from both sides, is this complete rejection of any and all ideas that come from the other side, along the people who hold those beliefs. I think this goes against the Two Party system that has made America the dynamic place it is. In my opinion it approaches totalitarianism. Every person has a right to vote according to his/her beliefs without being labled a Communist or a Nazi. That it even got to these extremes is crazy to me. If we don't like how things are going, there are a number of avenues we can take to enact change, which is one of many things I love about this country.
edit on 5-8-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
call me a crazy brit but what i dont get with trump and his supporters, when the muslim woman said america needs work, she had death threats, when aoc said things need to be better she was called all sorts.
trump even told them to go home if they dont like america, even though three of them were born in america.
ok hes know what his nationalistic, sexist and racist supporters want to hear, so he says go home, and lets them chant it at a rally.

now this is the bit i really dont get, how is it when trump says a town in america is bad, it needs to change, supporters agree with him, surely hes done the same thing as the women.

like im not pro any one im in a different country and ive got my own issues to contend with in regards to politics, but i just dont get why is it bad for these women to say it but trump its ok. i thought his rhetoric was yay america and you cant say bad things about it, if you dont like it move away, sort of thing

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join