It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am the Eye in the Sky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy site. Do you believe that the published specs of maximum resolution from satellites are true? What if I told you that if you were sitting on a park bench reading a newspaper, a satellite could read the same article you were? You wouldn't believe me, of course, because you are so much smarter and technically savvy, and optically knowledgeable.

Did you like that one nevertheless? Here's another one. What if I told you the US Navy could make an entire fleet appear in mid-ocean anywhere it wanted to, which fleet would be detectable by radar and other advanced tracking devices so as to appear real and targetable, but which actually only resides in a white van on the deck of an aircraft carrier? You wouldn't believe that either, would you, because you are "very aware" of our current capabilities.

And you're worried about a friggin' blimp?

Carry on.
edit on 8/9/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Do you believe that the published specs of maximum resolution from satellites are true?

Do you believe in physics?
www.telescope-optics.net...

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Do you believe that the published specs of maximum resolution from satellites are true?

Do you believe in physics?
www.telescope-optics.net...

The Navy loves you, Phage!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Cool. The last resort. See my sig.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The Pentagon has thus far flown as many as 25 of the balloons, launching them from a site in South Dakota and flying them some 250 miles over Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Missouri. The balloons then land in central Illinois.

Fantastic, they're landing in my neck of the woods

Does explain a few things, now that I think about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The verse maybe but that Chorus, sounds like Orwell’s 1984

I am the eye in the sky
Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
And I don't need to see any more
To know that
I can read your mind, I can read your mind

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
The military has been flying global hawks over the border for years, they have a 400 mile view, undoubtedly some newer version of the the gorgon stare as well - on top of this high altitude surveillance platforms like floating triangles are easy, so why not. Add that to the fact they could read your licence plate and find undersea treasure from orbit in the 1960's I'm sure satellites add in all things. Along with keyholes ability to see depressions up to 5km deep aka shelters...done.

This jives with a comment a friend of mine told me a while back.

When he was in college, he said someone from an alphabet agency came in and was talking to his class about tech/careers in the agency/etc. someone made a comment about satellites taking pictures with pretty high resolution and the guest speaker basically told them they can read a newspaper headline clear as day from space - and they could do that back in the 80s.

It’s second hand but I view my friend as highly credible and fact based - and definitely not a conspiracy kind of guy.

The balloons, if not a cover for surveillance of the US population, are keeping an eye on something that’s better monitored from inside the atmosphere. This release is probably just a way to cover for them being seen or crashing so if/when that happens they have cover - and getting the heartland comfortable with being monitored just like people in major cities.

But I’m speculating just like the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Word has it the UK gov bought 50+ OF THESE years ago

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phagetats

The idea of using balloons for surveillance is not new. Since the 80s, there have been tethered balloons, called Aerostats, in the Florida keys. The one I'm most familiar with is in Cudjoe Key, Florida. There is an oddly located FAA Restricted Area there to keep aircraft from running into the 25,000 foot steel cable holding the balloon steady at 17,000 feet. There are similar installations at Yuma and Fort Huachuca, Ariz.; Deming, N.M.; Marfa, Eagle Pass,Rio Grande City,and South Padre Island, Texas; Cudjoe Key, Fla.; and Lajas, Puerto RicoMorgan City, La., and Matagorda, Texas. Those are the admitted sites. Take a look at www.af.mil...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

So, yeah.

The U.S. military is testing high altitude, solar-powered balloons allowing the Pentagon to conduct continuous surveillance of a wide swath of the Midwest, according to a new report.
www.newsweek.com...

But it's cool. Just testing...testing...testing.
Right?

No worries.
Right?

Balloons? Why would they need those?

I watched all 5 seasons of Person of Interest... I believe they have something like that or better right now...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: muzzleflash

Is there any reason why satellites aren't better for this?

1) Satellites move at 17,000 mph (or so)
2) Satellites' orbits cannot be easily altered on demand
3) The closer you are to something the higher the resolution, in general

There are probably others.

I wonder if they are using advanced technology cameras which use the scattering of light off of walls so they can 'see' what is around corners in people's homes?

www.technologyreview.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

So, yeah.

The U.S. military is testing high altitude, solar-powered balloons allowing the Pentagon to conduct continuous surveillance of a wide swath of the Midwest, according to a new report.
www.newsweek.com...

But it's cool. Just testing...testing...testing.
Right?

No worries.
Right?

This is a very tough thread for me not to jump into since I know a *little* about this.

But my rules of engagement are clear: I can participate in any discussion that does not directly deal with the work that I do or the way in which it is done.

Thanks for giving me agita, Phage...lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Not what I expected to see when I opened this thread... I expected

...looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
To know that
I can read your mind
(Looking at you)
I can read your mind
(Looking at you)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Not what I expected to see when I opened this thread... I expected

...looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
To know that
I can read your mind
(Looking at you)
I can read your mind
(Looking at you)

Looking can never read minds,that will take another type of tech.
song.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

do you believe that governments don't have larger imaging systems in space then what you know about?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You think you've private lives
Think nothing of the kind
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well, first question, Why the Midwest? Maybe to monitor Jihadi training camps?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever seen

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpaceGypsy

such as?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join