It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shooting, first reports: At least 7 people killed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Holy crap can we keep the replies on topic/pertaining to the actual OP story please? Is the gunmen still at large? Just 1 gunmen or multiple reported? etc, etc.

There's another one now,shooting up a whole other bunch of innocent people. Try and keep up

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Great quotes there, thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

To disarm the people...s the most effectual way to enslave them.

What's in between the ellipses?
curi.us...

And, according to the Constitution, what was the militia and its function?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
There's another one now,shooting up a whole other bunch of innocent people. Try and keep up

What on earth are you on about? I'm obviously talking about the one this OP is about and currently unfolding. I'm well aware of the other one which was over a good few hours ago. How about you try keeping up?

Edit: Reports say 10 people killed including the gunman, who is still unidentified. Source
edit on 4/8/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

To disarm the people...s the most effectual way to enslave them.

What's in between the ellipses?
curi.us...

And, according to the Constitution, what was the militia and its function?

It isupposed to be is but it had brackets on the i.

As far as the second question we can also go to our forefathers they have been specific about it.

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 12 June 1823

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty .... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."
- Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, I Annals of Congress 750, August 17, 1789

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What on earth are you on about? I'm obviously talking about the one this OP is about and currently unfolding. I'm well aware of the other one which was over a good few hours ago. How about you try keeping up?

Edit: Reports say 10 people killed including the gunman, who is still unidentified. Source

I guess you did miss the last thread....ok then carry on, this is a new day I guess and what happened yesterday is yesterday's news...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Article 1, section 8

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Now known as the National Guard.
edit on 8/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: zatara

Why haven't the evil forces in the dutch government taken over than?

Sell the guns and invest in education...the pen is mightier and that stuff.

Peace

Because it is not our turn yet... dominos will start falling after the USA has been taken. Is my believe...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: xuenchen

You have a society built on the glorification of violence.
Disappointed, desperate, detached people society blames for their own misery.
And easy access to guns for all of them.

The only thing surprising about it is that people find it surprising it happens.

Only a full blown total military/police takeover can save us 😎🚬

No other way to get every gun into custody of the authorities !!

If there guns were restricted as they are in The Netherlands this, and many other shootings would MAYBE not have happened.

The thing is.. you guys in the USA will need your guns to defend your freedom against evil forces within your own government. And while doing so defend the freedom of the rest of the world. So..dont let the gov. screw with your heads..it is terrible what has happened but do not give up your guns..

Citizens of the Netherlands are more civilized than American citizens?

I can be brief about that. No...we do not have guns.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
No, actually like I said I'm well aware of the other incident and just about read every page of that thread. What has that got to do with this OP? The least I expect when coming into a breaking news thread like this which is still unfolding is actual replies/updates/discussion about the event. The endless continuation of the back/forth gun debate and political blame game can carry on once there are no more updates to the OP story... or better yet, a dedicated thread.
edit on 4/8/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Is my believe..

Dream on.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That’s why brought up Venezuela .

I’ve researched a lot of this and have been given first hand accounts from people I know who live there from other forums . Well One anyway we’ve lost contact with the other one God knows what happened to her . ( because she was outspoken )

Chavez’s initiated a gun ban in 2012 mostly aimed at the commercial aspect . It started in 2013 and before the year was out it resulted in around 15,000 civilian confiscations. I’m talking kicking down doors and taking them . In 2014 when Maduro came to power it went on steroids.

*2014 by the way was when the government also started using live fire on protesters .

By 2015 the civilian population was basically disarmed . If you’re caught with a bullet now your face 20 years in prison .

So what does a bus driver Chavez groomed as his successor do? Of course he starts to steal , oppress and consolidate power .

Fast forward to 2018 the people of Venezuela can’t save theirselves .

The left mocked people on the right when they said they needed their guns to prevent oppression .

What happened in Venezuela a modern western country should be an awakening to everyone .

The second amendment is here to stay and it’s not a antiquated trivial holdover . The threat of Tyranny has always been present in the past and will always be possible in the future .

I’d rather have a rifle in my closet that I don’t use .

Then watch my granddaughter get *shot down on the corner and not have one .

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The National Guard in Venezuela is running down protesters. So what’s your point ?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I don't disagree with that. But do not mistake that for the founders ever considering the disarmament of the people.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"For it is a truth, which the experience of ages has attested, that the people are always most in danger when the means of injuring their rights are in the possession of those of whom they entertain the least suspicion."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 25, December 21, 1787

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
- Tench Coxe, Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
One should always consider the full context of any quote. Especially when many are provided from a single source.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

My point is that the US Constitution defines what the "militia" is and that must be considered in the context of the 2nd amendment.

edit on 8/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Is my believe..

Dream on.

Jeeezz man.. sorry. We do not have guns as in...the way americans have guns in their home. Is this enough for you or do you want some numbers too

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Fair enough,best ignore me tonight as I'm at the point of smashed and there is a reasonable chance I have no idea what I'm talking about and could easily not follow the conversation.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Is this enough for you or do you want some numbers too

No.
They got the guns
But we got the numbers

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

People are too dangerous in this country. This is why I shop from Amazon.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join