It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shooting, first reports: At least 7 people killed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

20 feet from the door. I can tolerate a light whiff of tobacco smoke.

A chunk of lead at 1,200 fps, not so much.

edit on 8/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

chemical castration isn't 100% effective.

But so far it is promising compared to "shoot them all let God sort them out"

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You didn’t catch that joke did you ? Lol

I’m done going off topic. Back to the shooting.

It’s almost assuredly bar related.

But I’m pretty sure the Oregon District is the ritzy part of East fifth .

Does anybody know if it was a concert venue ?

Other than that it doesn’t seem to fit .

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I did.
It was hilarious.

hur

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I’m done going off topic. Back to the shooting.

It’s almost assuredly bar related.

But I’m pretty sure the Oregon District is the ritzy part of East fifth .

Does anybody know if it was a concert venue ?

Other than that it doesn’t seem to fit .

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You're repeating yourself.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Peeple
Scientists need to invent a medical fix for violence. Take away guns, and the root cause remains.

A good therapy is not just swallowing a pill, it teaches new strategies and takes the environment into account. That's the key in a long-term successful approach, so we should focus on the interactions between mental state of the individuals and triggers in the environment.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Yes. But it also makes it less easy to kill lots of people.
Right?

Nah, you could just poison the water supply.
Or spread a virus.
Or set a building on fire and lock/jam the exits.

There are so many ways to accomplish this.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

None of those are as easy as pulling a trigger over and over again.
Nor do they provide the same level of "glory."

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

A well devised virus may take some work but it's kill count could theoretically be much much higher. We just aren't crying about banning lab equipment because no one's been diabolical enough to 'teach us a lesson' in microbiology yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Guns make it less painful than say, knives for example.

I don't see them banning guns outright, it wouldn't blow over well with gun owners. Guns don't kill people, crazy people with guns do, and knives, and chainsaws..

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Well hell, why not just whip up a dirty bomb?

You really don't understand the difference between that and someone picking up a semi and walking into a crowd?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have given a little thought to mass shooting.. See if this makes sense... There are around 700,000 LEOs for 330 million people in the states..Out of the 700,000 how many are working in a 24 hour period. Those who are working can not be every where at all times...

Most of the shootings occur in gun free zones.. Those need to be done away with. There are over 8 million concealed carry permit holders. I believe there should be a level one and level two concealed carry permit issued to those who want to do training for level two. Level two permit holder would be trained to engage a perp who is trying to shoot up a place of business or a crowd and the permit would carry a level two sticker. No need really for a level two for many X military however it would be a confidence builder for anyone with a permit, IMO.

The main thing for concealed carry permit holders is motivation regardless of what level (if adopted) they have. I have thought for many years my weapon was for me and mine simple because I did not want the hassle of having to fire my side arm unless absolutely necessary. However being on my knees and praying for mercy or god's intervention was always a futile effort from accounts that I have read so I never considered myself an on my knees kinda guy.

A detective friend of mine told me many years ago that every round fired has a whole pack of lawyers attached to it; and they are not on your side... So I would avoid if at all possible, any engagements. Nevertheless I always tried be have a decent sense of situational awareness and be prepared to shoot if I had to.. I was never paranoid but was alert ... I still have friends and family who never knew I was armed when we were out together.

Most of my concealed carry permit holders took their carrying a fire arm seriously. We shot pistols and rifles in competition and listened to those who were our betters so we could better hone our skills.

Even after my rambling response if I had been in a movie theater, a mall, or in a crowd I would have engaged an active shooter and I do believe that it would have been one shoot one kill depending on the circumstances, otherwise, the shot would not have been taken.

With the shootings going on now there will be another effort to confiscate or outlaw guns again. IMO those who grew up on psychotropic drugs or are currently users have no business having a firearm..

Like I said do away with gun free zones and motivate the 8 million plus concealed carry permit holders to be more aware and not afraid of engagement with some poor misunderstood little darling who needs to be stopped . It is being reported that the Concealed carry permit holders had their firearms stored in their cars because the Walmart in El Paso was a gun free zone.. Stupid gun fearing idiots who have no answers only new laws and bans..

I always thought murder was against the law too...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ViXxeN

Guns don't kill people,

Correct. It's a piece of lead traveling at 1,200 fps that does so.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nah.
"Us vs. Them" works much better. Obviously.

...complains the first individual to inject devisive horsesnip into this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Oh look another liberal climbed atop a pile of bodies to preach their gospel .

I bet you’re against the wall aren’t you ?

On average 400 people are found dead per year trying to cross the border . But those deaths don’t matter to the left because they get in the way of their objective .

You guys don’t care about people .

You’re all control freaks that will do or say anything to get your way .

edit on 4-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Heh. Good one.

You think that pointing out division is decisive.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Disappointed, desperate, detached people society blames for their own misery.

At least you tried to identify the cause.

And easy access to guns for all of them.

That is just the symptom. Take those away you will still have the "Disappointed, desperate, detached people society blames for their own misery." And they will find another tool.

These mass shootings are a fairly recent thing in US history. Blaming the guns is stupid the gun technology hasn't changed in any meaningful way. AR15s were around in the 60s but they vented with things like Woodstock instead of buttstocks and bullets. It was even easier to get guns back then so blaming guns is cowards way of avoiding the real issue. Don't take this as me saying you are I am just writing off of your post.

Maybe the fact that TV is complete crap now. More channels and less worth watching. Maybe the schools have become pressure cookers warping the outlook of the younger generations. That is the formative period for their minds and sticking them in mega schools that are overcrowded can't be good for their development.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

On average 400 people are found dead per year trying to cross the border . But those deaths don’t matter to the left because they get in the way of their objective .

Sort of off topic but actually those deaths do matter. That's why people put water out in the desert. Stupid bleeding heart libs!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yup, society has changed.
Now what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join