It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shooting, first reports: At least 7 people killed

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Shooter identified:

Law enforcement sources told CBS News the shooter was identified as 24-year-old Connor Betts, of Bellbrook, Ohio. The sources said police were searching his house on Sunday morning.

Dayton, Ohio Mass Shooting - Live Updates(CBS Breaking)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I can't understand how blame is being put on absurd things like media and video games. Sounds like people are grasping at straws. Folks watch the Mission Impossible franchise movies; they don't suddenly start jumping off rooftops and playing copycat.

Until an in-depth investigation is continued, the rest is speculation...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The push for gun restrictions continues.
Not a good time for Americans to be thinking of giving up their guns. Radical forces are gaining a foothold in Govt.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You know the mental health thing is a myth. No one is mentally healthy, there is no normal for the psyche it's all circumstancial.

Speak for yourself..!!

I consider myself to be a normal, stable, logical human being.

If you honestly believe that you are not, then I suggest that you seek help while you still feel that you are rational enough and in control.

Don't let it go unchecked and end up a Progressive..!!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

I think what they were trying to say is that normal is a relative term.

What's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
I can't understand how blame is being put on absurd things like media and video games. Sounds like people are grasping at straws. Folks watch the Mission Impossible franchise movies; they don't suddenly start jumping off rooftops and playing copycat.

I am not blaming the media and video games specifically, I am blaming today's culture that creates disconnect with real life people and relationships. Games like guns are simply tools that are being misused by some to the detriment of themselves and others.

Not necessary to ban the tools, best to resolve the actual problem. The need for reconnecting individuals with real people in real life and not simply perceived faux imitations projected from technological screens.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I am not blaming the media and video games specifically, I am blaming today's culture that creates disconnect with real life people and relationships. Games like guns are simply tools that are being misused by some to the detriment of themselves and others.

Not necessary to ban the tools, best to resolve the actual problem. The need for reconnecting individuals with real people in real life and not simply perceived faux imitations projected from technological screens.
So how do you plan to do that? Have the government force us all to sure around and have coffee together on a regular basis?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I agree with you to an extent of course.

Even so, I have to say that the United States is a fairly first-world modern nation and despite the large amount of firearms in circulation in that country, it has not exactly descended into chaos like some states in SSA or the ME. Obviously, mass shootings are very bad, but it is a testament to the relative stability of the United States as a country that mass shootings are not even more frequent and regular than they actually are (i.e. it isn't exactly like the "wild west" across the USA). Not to mention the seeming nonexistence of terror-related mass shootings (like the Bataclan shooting in France a few years ago) on US soil...
edit on 4-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The push for gun restrictions continues.
Not a good time for Americans to be thinking of giving up their guns. Radical forces are gaining a foothold in Govt.

I can't see what more restrictions or bans will be pushed this time. Body armor? The Dayton shooter was said to have body armor on...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This checks out and seems to be real.

Now Hiring Role Players to Support VIGILANT GUARD OHIO Disaster Response Training Exercise August 6 – 8, 2019

Human Domain Solutions (HDS), LLC is now hiring Casualty Role Players (CRP) / Actors to participate in VIGILANT GUARD OHIO – the largest disaster and emergency response exercise in state history, taking place Aug. 5-8, 2019, at more than 10 locations throughout the state. This 3,000-person National Level Exercise – hosted by the Ohio National Guard and the Ohio Emergency Management Agency, cosponsored by U.S. Northern Command and the National Guard Bureau – is designed to test the state’s response capabilities with a simulated cyberattack that causes mock utility failures and other serious disruptions.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
This checks out and seems to be real.

Now Hiring Role Players to Support VIGILANT GUARD OHIO Disaster Response Training Exercise August 6 – 8, 2019

Human Domain Solutions (HDS), LLC is now hiring Casualty Role Players (CRP) / Actors to participate in VIGILANT GUARD OHIO – the largest disaster and emergency response exercise in state history, taking place Aug. 5-8, 2019, at more than 10 locations throughout the state. This 3,000-person National Level Exercise – hosted by the Ohio National Guard and the Ohio Emergency Management Agency, cosponsored by U.S. Northern Command and the National Guard Bureau – is designed to test the state’s response capabilities with a simulated cyberattack that causes mock utility failures and other serious disruptions.

Yes and?
Training , on going training, real life training is part of being in that field.

I worked 8 years in a Pediatric Healthcare , doing the same thing I do now, and can tell you that on an almost weekly basis training was taking place for different types of scenarios. When i was doing the same job in the Defense Industry guess what, we ran simulations to validate plans and responses.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Agreed.....it is a coincidence and nothing more. Big difference in testing statewide emergency response to a cyber attack and a localized shooting event. Apples and Oranges.

edit on R502019-08-04T12:50:48-05:00k508Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

There must be a lot of training going on, like in every city on every day. Every time there is one of these horrific mass shootings it turns out there was training around it. I have not looked into the 2 other recent shootings, but I would not be surprised that there was training there too.

edit on 4-8-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Police just reported they found the shooters sister as well as her boyfriend dead shot by who is suspected to be him.

This is getting weirder and weirder.....

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This shooter will be found to be a Qanon supporter, follower...

(post by Barcs removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Police just reported they found the shooters sister as well as her boyfriend dead shot by who is suspected to be him.

This is getting weirder and weirder.....

Why all the body armor and stockpile of ammo if he just wanted to kill his sister and her boyfriend? Weird is right.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They are looking into this shooting as a domestic occurrence. One of the victims was the shooter's sister.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Think this is him? Is he from Mo.?

Or here sticking a stick through a fish? www.facebook.com...

edit on pm831pmSun, 04 Aug 2019 12:39:50 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Come on, left wing Bernie Sanders guy shot a bunch of politicians, another one just shot up an ICE facility.

And as Ive said before, not a single one of my firearms has ever harmed another human being, with, or without me.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join