It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shooting, first reports: At least 7 people killed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

How many years ago was that.

Raising 3 kids on 30 or 40 hours at 8 to 10 dollars today. Sure, good place to society to be.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Quadrivium

How many years ago was that.

Raising 3 kids on 30 or 40 hours at 8 to 10 dollars today. Sure, good place to society to be.

My first was born in 1995, youngest was born in 2000.
Sometimes I worked 60-70 hrs a week.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: RickinVa
Within minutes of the El Paso shooting, the suspect was gleefully identified as a white male.

I can't find anything about the Ohio shooter.

El Paso........ white shooter identified very quickly.
Ohio...........8 hours in and I can't find anything about the suspect. Maybe they don't fit the narrative.

Or maybe Dayton does not want to push the narrative. They are being very tight lipped even though the media keeps pushing.
I actually agree that all families involved should have all info first before it is released to the public.
Good job Daton!

It literally took me 30 seconds to find out , "Dayton shooter was "a young white male"

"The shooter who killed nine people in Dayton was "a young white male," according to Senator Sherrod Brown.

Appearing on CNN's State of the Union, Brown said he spoke to Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley early on Sunday.

“The mayor said it was -- a young white male. I believe she may have said his age, I believe early 20s but I don't know for sure. He came not from the city of Dayton, he came from a town in Montgomery County nearby, that is the county Dayton is in and that is all that I know,” Brown said.

Authorities in Dayton have not given any information on the suspect.

Brown said he will travel to Dayton, OH later today.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: RickinVa
Within minutes of the El Paso shooting, the suspect was gleefully identified as a white male.

I can't find anything about the Ohio shooter.

El Paso........ white shooter identified very quickly.
Ohio...........8 hours in and I can't find anything about the suspect. Maybe they don't fit the narrative.

Or maybe Dayton does not want to push the narrative. They are being very tight lipped even though the media keeps pushing.
I actually agree that all families involved should have all info first before it is released to the public.
Good job Daton!

It literally took me 30 seconds to find out , "Dayton shooter was "a young white male"

"The shooter who killed nine people in Dayton was "a young white male," according to Senator Sherrod Brown.

Appearing on CNN's State of the Union, Brown said he spoke to Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley early on Sunday.

“The mayor said it was -- a young white male. I believe she may have said his age, I believe early 20s but I don't know for sure. He came not from the city of Dayton, he came from a town in Montgomery County nearby, that is the county Dayton is in and that is all that I know,” Brown said.

Authorities in Dayton have not given any information on the suspect.

Brown said he will travel to Dayton, OH later today.

It took you 30 seconds to find information that was updated 40 minutes ago. Up til that point.... silence on the shooter. Big difference between the way the two stories are being handled.

I am beginning to suspect that the Ohio and Texas shootings may very well be related. That's about the only thing that makes sense to me.
edit on R042019-08-04T10:04:48-05:00k048Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Brown just said that the .223 is not a hunting rifle.........
Dumb as a sack of hammers.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Brown just said that the .223 is not a hunting rifle.........
Dumb as a sack of hammers.

A lot of hunters would be quite surprised to find that their .223 isn't a hunting rifle as well.

1,000's of deceased groundhogs would tend to show that statement as false.
edit on R182019-08-04T10:18:09-05:00k188Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R192019-08-04T10:19:24-05:00k198Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

(post by icanteven removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
shooter was connor betts 24 year old from ohio

They have been identified as Connor Betts, a 24-year-old from Bellbrook, Ohio, according to CBS.
www.insider.com... ign=buffer-insider-main&fbclid=IwAR3AW-XVtzuzVgDKw3B3To3nX4mNZaQmRQU6b6ENk_gDRoDQev8c59VN9Sg

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
WTF is happening ?

News media and the political class are doing everything in their power to sensationalize mass shootings and it is leading to an increase number of wackadoos trying to get their 15 minutes.

If instead we as a society put these honorific actions in their proper context and delt with the problem at that level the number of shootings would decrease.
edit on 4-8-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 4-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
heavy.com... guess he was a psychology student

The LinkedIn page identifies Betts as a psychology student at Sinclair Community College. In addition to those who died, at least 16 people are likely wounded, according to Carper. Miami Valley Hospital spokesperson Terrea Little told MSNBC that the hospital has received 16 victims. Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley told the media in a 7 a.m. press conference that the gunman used a .223-caliber high-capacity magazine rifle. Mayor Whaley said the shooter wore a mask covering his face. The mayor added, “If the Dayton police had not gotten to the shooter in under a minute, hundreds of people in the Oregon District would be dead today. This is the 250th mass shooting in America. It’s sad that it’s in the city of Dayton.” The suspect was wearing body armor and had extra magazines on him at the time when he was killed. “We have one with a head wound,” an officer said at another point on the scanner. “We just need all the medics. We need the first medic in Ned Peppers…right now. We’ve got several down,” an officer says. “Shooter is down.” Daniel Williams wrote on Twitter: “There was an active shooter in the bar i was in tonight. I am told that he had an AR15. (A friend) and I are ok. I am so incredibly heartbroken for those affected by this. I have never been so scared in my life.” Williams then responded to another person and wrote, “…I’m still not sure exactly what happened. People were piling on top of each other to get out. It’s all a blur. F-cking awful.” The bar has not been confirmed by authorities. Williams’ friend then tweeted, “We heard gunshots while on the patio.. ran indoors only to be shoved back out because the shots were coming from inside the bar. We ran for our lives and hopped a fence trampling multiple people in the process/hid anywhere we could.”
so not much new other then a name a a breif snippit about how he used to run track

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The answer is in the post you replied to.
edit on R422019-08-04T10:42:43-05:00k428Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Omg just read the first page of this and my god people...do you not get what is really going on!? Ugh.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
this is where Im from, family still lives there...waiting to hear from friends, family ok. Terrible

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I am beginning to suspect that the Ohio and Texas shootings may very well be related. That's about the only thing that makes sense to me.

What do you think the common thread is in these 2 events. Copy cat? Or something more sinister?
edit on 4-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: RickinVa

What do you think the common thread is in these 2 events. Copy cat?

I would be more worried about a coordinated attack. Doubtful at this point. Unless a connection can be made between the two shooters

link   
Ironically, another poster in the El Paso mass shooting thread just mentioned the frequency of "mass shootings" in the United Mexican States and then these two shootings occur in close succession of each other in the USA...

Sounds like the Ohio shooting was also "premeditated":

Police believe there was only one shooter and have not yet identified the suspect or a motive. Whaley said the suspect used a "very large gun" and was wearing body armor.

edit on 4-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: olaru12

Probably both shootings were done by a Mr.Smith-mundt.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join