It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cougar Is Not A Pet But .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This family had a close encounter with cougar while they were on vacation in Tofino BC Canada
This is just like a really large cat.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A bit thin. Maybe ill. Desperately hoping there is a source of food in the mix somewhere and after some long consideration deciding it's not worth the risk.

edit on 3-8-2019 by CraftBuilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Unless she's under 45...oh the animal.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There was a news story today about a lady and her dog . They we’re walking on Vancouver Island when a mountain lion started stalking them and then confronted them.

She chased it off with Metallica music .

My first thought was that it must’ve been a music critic . 😂

( I have always hated Metallica )

Been laughing all day about this
edit on 3-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

What a total insult to Metallica.
If I were them I'd track that cat down and kill it.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

I’ve got soooooo many things to add that are off-topic but I won’t . Lol

It’s my understanding that cougars usually don’t hunt/stalk humans to eat . Most of the time they are curious as to whether we are a threat and want to know what the hell we’re doing in their territory .

The problem arises when somebody runs or zips by on a bike . Then their predator instinct kicks in then they do what cougars do .

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I've noticed too over the years taking the kids to the zoo that the big cats will just lazily lay around but let a little kid go trotting across in front of them and they'll have their nose on the cage in a heartbeat watching every move the child makes.

I'm glad there was a cage between us and them or else there would have been a dead cat or dad. One instance it was a male lion and another it was a black leopard. Probably would have been a dad dead both times. LOL!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

For big cats it is the visible neck or the lack of a visible face.

Tigers, cougars, Lions and so on. They will stay away as long as they know you see them. If you turn around they know you can not see them and maybe will charge at you.

I tried to find this video I saw about people in India that wear face masks on the back of their heads because of that.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

I've seen big cats do exactly like the video you posted with our eyes on them but let one of the kids come running up out of no where and they'll be nose to the fence in a heart beat.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Off topic but...I loved Metallica in my younger days.I even
lost a wee bit of my hearing at one of their concerts,my
seat was right next to a large speaker.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1
...but let a little kid go trotting across in front of them and they'll have their nose on the cage in a heartbeat watching every move the child makes.

The Romanophile in me appreciates this form of entertainment, lose the glass and I'd like it even more.

edit on 5-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The hunting drive kicks in there. I was not trying to say they only attack when you turn your back.

top topics

join